Stone Out

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Stone Out

Postby rockinrye » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:42 am

You guys may or may not know , I am a huge Queensryche fan , but when i heard this I couldn't have been happier:

Straight from www.Queensryche.com

Mike Stone has decided he will not be touring with Queensryche this spring.We will miss him (NOT). He is a wonderfull player (WHATEVER) and has contributed too our lives musically and spiritually (PUKE).We wish him the best and hope too see him succeed in everything he chooses too participate in. He adds this statement:

"After much consideration I will not be joing Queensryche on their 2009 American Soldier Tour. I feel now is the time too focus on other musicall endavours , including my new band Speed X , with Nick Cantanese of Black Label Society. I would like too thank all the Queensryche fans around the world for making my time in the band nothing less than amazing. You have trated me like gold and I will never forget it .It has been an honour too be a part of Queensryche family and I wish Geoff, Scott, Eddie and Whip nothing but the very best" - Mike Stone

My 2 cents . This guy and his buddy (Jason Slater ) took the Operation Mindcrime legacy and destroyed it! The whole arrangement was awfull .The whole concept of a "story telling record " was fucked up . The Mindcrime cd bounces all over the place .

The 2 studio cd's he put out with the band Tribe and OMC2 were flops in sales and never had the " instant Queensryche cult classic song on them "

Goodbye and good riddance.

Killer of Giants

Re: Stone Out

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:19 am

HARSH!!!!

but then again i don`t like Queensryche at all
"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:16 am

O well. See ya, Mike. Whoever you are . . . Whip??! LMAO I bought Reich's four song EP waaay back when, became dumbfounded with the level of musicianship, instantly became the "biggest fan," and faithfully bought every succeeding album. Seems to me Chris DeGarmo was, essentially speaking, the Alpha and Omega of that band. I'm not sure what's been going on with them since, I don't know, was it Frontierland, Wasteland ( or something like that)?! Man, this is one band I really, really wish hadn't become so popular/successful so quickly! Scott Rockenfield is THE SHIT!!! MAN! DRUMMER! lml lml
Everyone will love you, just as long as you are a shooting star.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:56 pm

Rumour has it Mr. Degarmo is sick of flying airplanes , and MIGHT join them on tour .

Soon as i know , I ll let ya guys know.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:15 am

Since Degarmo left the Reich havent been anything like they were back in the Mindcrime and Empire days. Chris should get back with his ol Seatle homeboys and lay down some fresh tracks. Last Reich album i bought was Empire so im not to familiar with this Mike Stone dude.

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:11 am

Wonder what is happening with Zakk then? His sidekick going off on a personal project

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:58 am

rockinrye wrote:Rumour has it Mr. Degarmo is sick of flying airplanes , and MIGHT join them on tour .

Soon as i know , I ll let ya guys know.

Well after lengthy talks with my management, I am available for the gig. :) hehe

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:05 am

_will_ wrote:Wonder what is happening with Zakk then? His sidekick going off on a personal project

That is one of the silliest comments I have heard, what do you think Zakks side project is...ummmm lets see BLACK LABEL maybe. Talked to the man himself when he was here with Ozzy, and he always says, I quote "When the Old Man needs me, (Ozzy) I am there Black Label comes second" ..... so I think mate, Nick has time on his hands, and he has a side project too. :) thank you and goodnight. :)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:47 am

_will_ wrote:Wonder what is happening with Zakk then? His sidekick going off on a personal project

Feels like I'm stepping into the Twilight Zone, or something! Would someone tell me what in hell Zakk has to do with Queensryche? Where am I to go, now that I've gone too far?!

All Access Member

Postby _will_ » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:05 am

Nick Catanese plays with ZW in Black Label, Nick is in this guys new band 'speed x'

Rock: My point was: Zakk puts a record out pretty quick after he finishes the last tour he does, not leaving much time off. Nick has played with him since the mid 90's. This could lead to Zakk having a bit of a break and coming back with some good music, like it used to be. Either that, or Ozzy has lined up a big tour without BLS supporting - thats what my earlier comment was referring to, not intended to be silly. Just hoping for some of the old Zakk back.

Postby Greg » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:22 am

hmmm, dont follow, must be different topic and now my mind is wondering. How can I make the tune I composed any different. Hmmm, queensreicht.....tunes......weird replys.......dont worry- Ill jump right in with a reply when it comes too me, wish we had some sort of IM.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:11 pm

My bad. Guess I had overlooked the Black Yack Society mention up there.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:32 pm

I believe that most Ryche fans overlook the fact that DeGarmo was involved in the worst album of their career, Hear In The Now Frontier.

~Brian~

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:56 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:I believe that most Ryche fans overlook the fact that DeGarmo was involved in the worst album of their career, Hear In The Now Frontier.

~Brian~

You haven't heard of the cd called "Tribe" then .

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:09 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:I believe that most Ryche fans overlook the fact that DeGarmo was involved in the worst album of their career, Hear In The Now Frontier.

~Brian~

Yeah, that was the last one that I bought. :roll: Thanks, Brian. Seems that was polished down to a lifeless, unclever lump, and printed.

Next

Return to Free for all...