American Soldier Tour

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

American Soldier Tour

Postby rockinrye » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:15 pm

Anyone seen Queensryche on this tour ?

They played Toronto July 27 2 plus hour set.

Tate sounded well with a little help from a keyboard player.

Small crowd too.

Killer of Giants

Re: American Soldier Tour

Postby Doobie » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:14 am

Haven't seen that one but, have seen about every other one of theirs. Other than the new stuff, what did they play?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:29 pm

I bet that was a nice QUEENSRYCHE gathering rather it be a "large or small" - I prefer small 'cause that means you get a chance to see the band more up close! 8) And sometimes even small gatherings can be tough.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:06 am

Doobie wrote:Haven't seen that one but, have seen about every other one of theirs. Other than the new stuff, what did they play?

American Soldier Set List:

Neue Regal
Whisper
Screaming In Digital
I Dream In Infared
Walk In The Shadows
Surgical Strike
I Will Remember

Sliver
Killler
If I Were King
Man Down
Dead Man Words
Home Again
The Voice

Best I Can
One & Only
Silent Lucidity
Jet City Woman
Anybody Listening
Empire

The last time they were here (OMC2) , they played a large rock club .They almost cancelled the show because they did not have a big cowd. This time it was a smaller venue.

It was a good show.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:23 am

I had to get out my OMC DVD and give it another viewing. It just doesn't get any better than that. Good grief ... were they awesome in the day or what?!!!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:51 am

Doobie wrote:I had to get out my OMC DVD and give it another viewing. It just doesn't get any better than that. Good grief ... were they awesome in the day or what?!!!

should i date myself here and say i have the VHS version?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:40 am

rockinrye wrote:
Doobie wrote:I had to get out my OMC DVD and give it another viewing. It just doesn't get any better than that. Good grief ... were they awesome in the day or what?!!!

should i date myself here and say i have the VHS version?

The majority of us here are "dated". Nothing to be ashamed of! Plus, I actually didn't update OMC from VHS to DVD until about a year and a half ago! 8O

Look what I just found at Melodicrock.com: (very cool due to the fact the first show with Lita is right across the bridge in Louisville on the 15th!!)

QUEENSRYCHE ENLIST LITA FORD:
Queensryche -- who have been touring since late March in support of their newest effort American Soldier (Atco/Rhino) -- will be taking The Queen of Heavy Metal, Lita Ford, on the road with them for over two dozen dates beginning October 15th (see full itinerary below).
Ford will hit the stage during the Queensryche set to perform three songs including her Top 10 Billboard hit (performed with Ozzy Osbourne), "Close My Eyes Forever," which she will duet with Queensryche front man Geoff Tate.
For all songs, Lita will be backed by Queensryche -- Geoff Tate on vocals, Michael Wilton and Parker Lundgren on guitars, Eddie Jackson on bass and Scott Rockenfield on drums.
"We're elated to have Lita Ford performing with us," comments Geoff Tate. "I have been a fan of Lita's as long as I can remember and look forward to the upcoming tour with her."
The feeling is mutual as Lita comments, "I'm so excited about how we're doing this tour. It's a really cool way to do a show. I'm looking forward to getting out there and seeing my fans again as well as meeting Queensryche's fans. It should be a real fun time for all."
Earlier this month, the video for Queensryche's new single, "Home Again," made its worldwide debut on Military.com (the largest military and veteran membership organization) and can now be seen on the band's official website at www.queensryche.com. The video features photos submitted by service members from all over the world.
As for the song, itself, it's become a fan favorite along the tour. Performed by Geoff Tate and his 11-year-old daughter Emily, "Home Again" examines the emotional toll of war from two perspectives -- Geoff singing from the soldier's point of view and Emily singing the point of view of the child left behind.
Prior to the performances with Lita Ford, Queensryche will be joining Chickenfoot (Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Joe Satriani and Chad Smith) beginning Friday, September 25th, for three consecutive California performances in Berkeley, Valley Center and Universal City, respectively.
Also on the Queensryche horizon is the forthcoming ShipRocked Cruise (www.getshiprocked.com) which sets sail from Fort Lauderdale, Florida (to Ocho Rios, Jamaica and Grand Cayman) on November 15th for a five-day music festival on the sea. Those on the cruise will have an opportunity to be a part of a private Queensryche-hosted wine gathering and drink Geoff Tate's wine, Insania (www.threeriverswinery.com). For an advance donation of $20, fans will have access to the special onboard event. All proceeds of the wine party will benefit the National Military Family Association, an organization that Queensryche has been involved with since the inception of American Soldier.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:34 pm

Nice to see they are doing a lot of Rage For Order this time around. One underrated disc with excellent tunes. The new disc is also very good and the Whip is great on this one.

Operation Mindcrime is still amazing and I have the VHS tape to this day (37 going on 38 and feeling dated lol)and also the newer DVD version. Had to have the OM1 and OM2 live compilation too. \m/RYCHE\m/

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:42 am

Does anyone know where I can get a boot leg copy of the Toronto show?
This show was monumental for me in many ways .

My wife came with me and finally got the Queensryche bug.She never understood why they stood out from all the other bands.

I was part of the Queensryche fan club in 06 anf got a chance too meet them in Toronto when they played Mindcrime 1 & 2

Return to Free for all...