Who is that playing guitar?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Who is that playing guitar?

Postby ciscovoiceguy » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:44 am

First time I heard Jake on Bark at the moon.
I was an Ozzy fan and Jakes riffs made my blood boil.

I always wondered where he was.

Jake E. Lee rules!

Its a shame we have to get old.

A tatooed 16 year old rock n roll rebel morphed into a nerd.
Memories I will never forget.

fan4life!

All Access Member

Re: Who is that playing guitar?

Postby Shadow » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm

Huh?!? Interesting post especially about about the tatooed morphed nerd. Strange?! Anyway, there's no escape from ageing "we" all experience it and hopefully we learn & grow and create healthy prospects from the Life given us...'get something concrete from it & give back and have a spectacular groovin' vineyard from our Creative imput into this here Planet of ours. Definately Rebel legend/Musician JAKE E. LEE as well as other fameous Musicians put alot of Creative music outthere for our enjoyment. You guys are ever groovin' those that are still here on the Planet and those that are "Spirits In the Sky" ..'thank you for making our lives a little more interesting/exciting and happy. :D Godbless!

Postby SRV43 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:11 am

I just got 'Retraced' the other day and I have to say I'm a little bummed that it didn't live up to my own expectations but I'm surprised to hear the 'fun' in the music. It sounds like he had a great time making the album and that's a major part of making music in the first place. I love the Badlands era more than the Ozzy stuff( some stuff on BATM is pianfull)and I guess since Badlands id my last impression of Jake,that's what I was expecting more of. I'm just happy to add another Jake E. Lee album to my collection!!! Rave on Jake! Jake E Lee = criminally underrated guitar player
Jake E. Lee = criminally underrated guitar player.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:56 pm

What was it you felt bummed about? I love Retraced...its a fantastic tribute to the music that inspired Jake to strat playing in the first place. But I agree with you about Badlands...thats Jake's true legacy to us.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Ninevah123 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:00 pm

I also need to clarification on this 'underated' thing...If I have heard it once I have heard it a thousand times....NOBODY i have ever come across who knows even a tiny bity about metal or guitar playing says anything other than favourable things about Jake.

He was never underated by any of his contemporaries or fans....

Return to All things Jake E Lee...