Boss Book : another version of Jake E Lee Setup ?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Boss Book : another version of Jake E Lee Setup ?

Postby LinFilouX » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:11 am

Hello 6 String lovers !

I've found that when searching about jake setup with the SCC-700 switcher for live performance :

Google Books

If you look in the gear examples, the Jake section a lot of boss pedals including the DF-2 and the FZ-3 has well has the boss enhancer.

Do any one confirm it? It seems far away of his method of pushing a plexi with the OD1 !

Killer of Giants

Re: Boss Book : another version of Jake E Lee Setup ?

Postby mrmetal » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:00 am

I had a DF-2 once. I really didn't care for the tone of it, that and it was tricky to operate on the floor. The feedback effect was kinda cool though.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Since I'm not a professional musician, the technical stuff (and other things too it all depends) kinda takes time to sunk in but none the less it's interesting. Anyway, I have seen JAKE with louds of these music BOSS gadgets, but their called Fuzz Boxes too. Right?! Well, I quess these strange gadgets make all kinds of strange groove sounds. JAKE used them alot his highly acclaimed "A Fine Pink Mist" album recording. Heavy master vibe's there! Cool. :twisted:

All Access Member

Postby Shemp » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:09 am

He used the Boss Distortion in front of a dirty amp to push it. Gives it that kind of Buzzy sound. I realy dig Jakes tone. Another big factor in his tone was a chorus pedal. I think a phaser was also used.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...