Well, that's very nice of you........

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Well, that's very nice of you........

Postby oleander » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:09 pm

I've never seen (or heard) this before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwgllHk2udw

Ozzy very graciously acknowledges Jake's work on The Ultimate Sin.
And I mean he REALLY does!

God bless Betty Ford I say. :)

Killer of Giants

Re: Well, that's very nice of you........

Postby sytharnia » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 pm

I was funny to hear him say he didn't know whether he liked the "american" sound of the album.......

I have to say this is what is so great about the internet......I mean back in my (and probably most of us) youth if you did see this on TV (which meant living in the states or britain) then you never would see it....now there is so much cool stuff from every era on the web...its great stuff

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Anim8 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:00 pm

hhaha i'm lost i meant here on this topic ..'' A database error has occurred '' -mah brain :!:
so what !? ozzy said its ½ozzy??/½ jake...it's only pure,real facts, nobody will object to that lol but the final production wasnt jake e 's idea He really fought against Ron Nevison making this album with real feel , right , not any ''* schmalzed ''-hähä homogeneous sound finish production!

* it is JakEE's word i used and it means melted

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:36 pm

Wow, vintage stuff there with Ozzy Osbourne being interviewed by SKY TRAX 1986: that was very "cool/nice" of OZZY to say that Jake E. Lee put his Heart & Soul/alot of work into the making of at that time Ozzy OSBOURNE: The Ultimate Sin album. Ozzy mentioned it should of been titled OZZY & JAKE album for all the passionate works that Jake E. Lee put into that Classic recording album. I like the cover photo of the wicked-Demon girl turning into that Ultimate Sin witch and there's a really cool vintage photo of OZZY & JAKE with this Utimate Sin woman. Classic titled song "The Ultimate Sin" (my fave on this album) as are "A Shot In the Dark" and "Killer of Giants" (amazing song) "Never" and "Thank God for the Bomb" are Classic's. Great album AND really digged the Interview OZZY looks very chic & cool...'so so so young. 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Sometimes I forget Ozzy used to be able to speak without stuttering or rambling. Anyhoo, i loved The Ultimate Sin and still do. Never was and is one of my fave Ozzy tunes and The Ultimate Sin rocks with that heavy riffage from Jake.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Rainbow » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:27 am

MrScary1971 wrote:Sometimes I forget Ozzy used to be able to speak without stuttering or rambling. Anyhoo, i loved The Ultimate Sin and still do. Never was and is one of my fave Ozzy tunes and The Ultimate Sin rocks with that heavy riffage from Jake.

'Never' is incredible. No chance of me ever being able to play that

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:23 pm

Rainbow wrote:

Rainbow, I'm not even a guitar player and can tell it would be damn near impossible for anyone to ever come near to duplicating that song. The first time I heard it I was like, "DAYYYYUM!!" 8O

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:59 pm

Rainbow wrote:
MrScary1971 wrote:Sometimes I forget Ozzy used to be able to speak without stuttering or rambling. Anyhoo, i loved The Ultimate Sin and still do. Never was and is one of my fave Ozzy tunes and The Ultimate Sin rocks with that heavy riffage from Jake.

Yah, I have never tried to either. The guitar playing on that album is unreal and very overlooked by Ozzy fans. These songs need to be played by Ozzy live considering he really ignores the "Jake years". Never understood it at all.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...