JAKE AND RAY.

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

JAKE AND RAY.

Postby Sunrise » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:31 am

I have wanted to ask this question on the forum for a long time now but for some reason have held back. I just wanted to know if anyone knows if Jake saw or made contact with Ray before he died?

In one of the interviews Jake gave a long time ago he speaks of Ray with such fondness and loss and wondered if he managed to contact him or see him towards the end of Ray's life.

Ultimate Sinner

Re: JAKE AND RAY.

Postby Allfyve » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:20 am

i think u asking too much- this is very private, and even if ppl know i guess they will be sensitive enough not having it published on, especially not here on this site...
btw, what's the urge to know :?: ?

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:32 pm

Sunrise wrote:I have wanted to ask this question on the forum for a long time now but for some reason have held back. I just wanted to know if anyone knows if Jake saw or made contact with Ray before he died?

In one of the interviews Jake gave a long time ago he speaks of Ray with such fondness and loss and wondered if he managed to contact him or see him towards the end of Ray's life.

I often wondered the same thing. I also was wondering how after the huge breakup during the Voodoo Highway tour and all the drama unfolding, how the hell did they piece it all together to record "Dusk"? I'm thinking they were on good terms Sunrise after recording Dusk and I am sure it's possible they were friends again when Ray passed.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:00 pm

MrScary1971 wrote:I often wondered the same thing. I also was wondering how after the huge breakup during the Voodoo Highway tour and all the drama unfolding, how the hell did they piece it all together to record "Dusk"? I'm thinking they were on good terms Sunrise after recording Dusk and I am sure it's possible they were friends again when Ray passed.

:!:
'' not when'' .....but they were friends before Ray passed -rip- and one interview says that Dusk was done on one day recording and songs were done already between the Self t and Vdhighway
Butso after the Voodohighway they splitted into different directions + the story behind that drama is very accurate visualized in two interviews somewhere I don't remember . Anyone?? :?:

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:54 pm

I'm sure JAKE and RAY kept in contact with one another although the two were quite busy in their new music endeavors at that time: Mr. Gillen with SUN RED SUN those Outrageous recordings are another masterpiece gem to his music talents. As for the daOge*JAKE I do believe he was working & Touring with theBeast Mandy Lion/WWIII ...'the wicked music team later called WICKED ALLIANCE definately put a wicked chill down one's spine. :twisted: Awesome!!! Anyway, I do believe the legendary BADLANDS kept in contact 'til the very end. And the remaining members at least Jake E. Lee and Greg Chaisson keep in contact with one another, thank goodness. cheers! 8)

Hopes this info helped. peace.

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:18 am

Allfyve

Its not a need to know. The question comes because of the way Badlands split and how they publicaly critisized each other in those two dreadful interviews. But then years later Jake speaks of his true emotions about how much he misses Ray and thinks of him everyday. In arguments we all say things we regret and I just wondered if the guys managed to see each other after Badlands.

It would be so good if they managed to patch up and put the split behind them but still stay friends. Badlands was meant to be.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...