Megadeth gets a new bassplayer !

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Megadeth gets a new bassplayer !

Postby MetalHead » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:27 pm

They ditched James for James.

Out with James MacDonough ... and in with ... James Lomenzo :twisted:

This oughta' be good.
J.Lo is the former bassplayer of Black Label Society, if anyone had missed that, and if my memory serves me right, he auditioned for
Badlands in the early days :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Re: Megadeth gets a new bassplayer !

Postby Fretman » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:38 pm

Megadeth's lineup changes are getting rediculous. I like James Lomenzo, but WTF? I'm beginning to wonder if there are any musicians on this planet who can work with Dave Mustaine for any extended period of time. He should have just asked Dave Ellefson back, and while he was at it, Marty Friedman and Nick Menza. Mustaine should just disband Megadeth and call it the Dave Mustaine Band, since that's what it really is.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:38 pm

Well, that's sounds awfully extraodinary - "all" the best to the former BLS bassist James Lomenzo with his new music endeavors with Dave Mustaine's MEGADETH band. Peace!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:49 pm

Fretman wrote:Megadeth's lineup changes are getting rediculous.

I can't help to wonder what they would've sounded if Dime and Vinnie joined back in the day :twisted:

but yeah, it's getting ridiculous :?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:06 am

Huh...that's interesting, because I thought Megadeth was not going to exist after this last CD.

I agree with you Fretman, Dave should've brought the late 80s early 90s band back together!

I believe Ellefson is doing side projects of all sorts. I have two CDs that he appeared on as the guest bass player. One being from a band called Avian and the other from a band called War Machine. Both bands are in the power metal genre believe it or not. Both are good cds, especially the one from Avian.

Postby Fretman » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:40 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Huh...that's interesting, because I thought Megadeth was not going to exist after this last CD.

I agree with you Fretman, Dave should've brought the late 80s early 90s band back together!

I believe Ellefson is doing side projects of all sorts. I have two CDs that he appeared on as the guest bass player. One being from a band called Avian and the other from a band called War Machine. Both bands are in the power metal genre believe it or not. Both are good cds, especially the one from Avian.

There is a song in regular rotation on XM - The Boneyard from another band he's involved with called F5. The song is decent, but I haven't heard the rest of the CD.

Ellefson won't be back in Megadeth after he and Mustaine both sued each other over the last 2 years. Poland probably won't be back either after his mgr had to sue Dave to get royalty $$ from the Rust In Peace demos recently released on the remastered CD. I don't know all of the details but they all need to get over it and just play! :roll:

Postby vayalaping » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:40 am

Fretman wrote:Mustaine should just disband Megadeth and call it the Dave Mustaine Band, since that's what it really is.

IMO, Megadeth has ALWAYS been the Dave Mustaine Band. Nothing's changed...

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:33 am

vayalaping wrote:
Fretman wrote:Mustaine should just disband Megadeth and call it the Dave Mustaine Band, since that's what it really is.

IMO, Megadeth has ALWAYS been the Dave Mustaine Band. Nothing's changed...

+1

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:33 pm

Fretman wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:Huh...that's interesting, because I thought Megadeth was not going to exist after this last CD.

There is a song in regular rotation on XM - The Boneyard from another band he's involved with called F5. The song is decent, but I haven't heard the rest of the CD.

Ellefson won't be back in Megadeth after he and Mustaine both sued each other over the last 2 years. Poland probably won't be back either after his mgr had to sue Dave to get royalty $$ from the Rust In Peace demos recently released on the remastered CD. I don't know all of the details but they all need to get over it and just play! :roll:

I've not heard of that one. I didn't realize the Megadeth fraternity was going through all of that. I like to stay naive when it comes to bands and their internal tiffs! :roll: They'll have to keep it up for another year or two to reach the Ratt status though! :lol:

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:41 am

Dude... Thats like saying

Black Sabbath should change its name ot the Tony Iommi Band

Its still sabbath regardless

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:26 am

Hahaha Dave Mustaine is turning in to an Axl Rose with his lineup changes, even though he is a guitarist as such, he sings and has developed frontman disease, where they become bigger than their own ego, and if u cant take it up the a** at will, u are out. :) hehe love singers

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Thajan » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:48 am

Marty Friedman is not coming back to the band because he wants to do his own thing. Nick Menza WAS in megadeth for a short while with the new line up, but was fired prob because of personal indifferences.
Dave and David (ellefson) are friends again but David is doing his own thing with F5 so he wont come back either.

And yeah Megadeth IS Dave Mustaine's band, it always was and it always will be.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:09 am

Personally, I don't have a problem with Mustain...he still makes great music!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:37 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Personally, I don't have a problem with Mustain...he still makes great music!

I'd say he's one of the best riffmakers out there :D

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Thajan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:01 pm

MetalHead wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:Personally, I don't have a problem with Mustain...he still makes great music!

I'd say he's one of the best riffmakers out there :D

I agree, Peace Sells and Rust In Peace are masterpieces

Next

Return to Free for all...