Jake's actual equipment set up from TUS tour

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Secret Loser

Jake's actual equipment set up from TUS tour

Postby Fedaykin » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:18 am

First of all, I can tell you you're all wrong because I knew a guy who knew a friend of a sister's first cousin of a friend of a guy who knew Jake's guitar tech from TUS tour, and I can tell you his set up would suprise you.
First of all, Jake did not play Charvels on that tour but rather Hohners, Arias, Fernandez, and Arbors, all of which were trying to get him into an endorsement deal since Charvel was not big on producing a Jake model with a stop bridge in the locking-trem crazed 80s. Yes, they said "Charvel" on the headstock, but they were secretly Hohners and Arias, Fernandez and Arbors. For pickups he used Mighty Mites. As for strings, DaVincis, which I have not been able to find in years, and Ernie Balls. As for his effect pedals, he used a DOD distortion, a Rockman that Tom Scholz of Boston spent twenty-five years developing when he was not working his day job creating shoe inserts and deodorizers, and some Ibanez pedals.
For amps, it is well known that he used a Ross solid-state driven by a pig nose, and all that driven by the DOD and Ibanez pedals and colored with Rockman overtones.
Of course, this is not an ideal setup. It sounds, I don't know, amateurish, like something from an Amway musical instrument catalog that a geek who just wanted to learn to play the solo from "Living on a Prayer" so he could impress the girl next door would wind up with, but it just goes to show you what a badass guitarist Jake is. To paraphrase Will Smith from Men in Black, "He makes this shit sound good."
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Jake's actual equipment set up from TUS tour

Postby tenfingersofdoom » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:24 am

Da Vincis!!! i remember them! each set came with an old world italian recipe.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Another far out there strange story on da Oge, your very creative Fedaykin. JAKE E. LEE guitar instruments are the Charvel & Jackson in the early part of his music Career that he used alot and in his later yrs and up to now he prefers to play the ESP guitar instruments more. I'm sure there's more guitar Signature titles but these are the only one's I'm familiar with the ones you've mentioned those are some pretty strange names Hohners, Arbers and Fernandez (the last one sounds sounds like a song title). Anyway, your postes are waaayyy out there. Strange. peace.

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:10 am

Shadow wrote:Another far out there strange story on da Oge, your very creative Fedaykin. JAKE E. LEE guitar instruments are the Charvel & Jackson in the early part of his music Career that he used alot and in his later yrs and up to now he prefers to play the ESP guitar instruments more. I'm sure there's more guitar Signature titles but these are the only one's I'm familiar with the ones you've mentioned those are some pretty strange names Hohners, Arbers and Fernandez (the last one sounds sounds like a song title). Anyway, your postes are waaayyy out there. Strange. peace.
I also saw Jake playing Sears guitar with Ozzy. It was plugged into a Peavey solid state 15 watt combo.
“My parents wanted me to be the next Van Cliburn, but I wanted to be the next Van Halen.”

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby tenfingersofdoom » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:10 pm

i saw him do an entire badlands gig with a fishing pole!

Secret Loser

Postby Fedaykin » Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:35 pm

tenfingersofdoom wrote:i saw him do an entire badlands gig with a fishing pole!

Oh yeah? I saw him fishing at Huntington Beach Pier with his Charvel! He caught a nurse shark!

Return to All things Jake E Lee...