Broke out Retraced again.

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Broke out Retraced again.

Postby macheted01 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:41 am

Well, just recently broke out Retraced again and love the listening. I was checking out the liner notes and Jake takes time to thank the members here at Jakeelee.com. While I have read the liner notes before, I guess I missed this. After watching That Metal Show and there was a Throwdown for Ozzys best guitarist's and Jake was glossed over, it led me to listening to some Jake stuff. I think I will listen to A Fine Pink Mist next. In anycase its nice to know that Jake at some point keeps tabs on this and hopefully still does.

Secret Loser

Re: Broke out Retraced again.

Postby Sunrise » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:02 am

Right on brother...Retraced is a phenomenal recording and I listen to it all the time. Jake E's playing and direction throughout is fabulous.

Killer of Giants

Postby MrScary1971 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:01 pm

macheted01 wrote:Well, just recently broke out Retraced again and love the listening. I was checking out the liner notes and Jake takes time to thank the members here at Jakeelee.com. While I have read the liner notes before, I guess I missed this. After watching That Metal Show and there was a Throwdown for Ozzys best guitarist's and Jake was glossed over, it led me to listening to some Jake stuff. I think I will listen to A Fine Pink Mist next. In anycase its nice to know that Jake at some point keeps tabs on this and hopefully still does.

Retraced is awesome and I like it a lot more than George Lynch's similar disc "Furious George". The best guitarists have a firm grasp of blues guitar imo and Jake is no exception. Tremendous player.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:44 am

I dig Furios George as well, but yeah, I like Retraced better.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed May 04, 2011 5:50 pm

JAKE should do a RETRACED II with the same incrediable line-up Jake E. Lee-guitars, Logan-vocals, A. Dunbar-drums and the bassist his name skips me at the momment it could be Bogart (? something like that) that's on the 1st highly acclaimed Jake E. Lee-Retraced album/Cd recording. It's a sheer high adrenaline groovin' recording. Love all the songs! JAKE and Company did a bad-ass wicked-job, Wow!!!! 8) 8O :twisted:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby 3dayphunk » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:01 pm

Retraced is a very good album. I would be very happy if Jake did another album like it!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Allfyve » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:43 pm

3dayphunk wrote:Retraced is a very good album. I would be very happy if Jake did another album like it!

NO I THINK JAKE SHOULD DO HIS OWN THING :!: :!:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:28 am

Allfyve wrote:
3dayphunk wrote:Retraced is a very good album. I would be very happy if Jake did another album like it!

NO I THINK JAKE SHOULD DO HIS OWN THING :!: :!:

Agreed.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:15 am

Oh, I agree there as well. Would definately like to hear him do his own thing. I would be stoked if he found a group of guys that he could work with. Hell, I would be happy to hear anything from him at this time. He is supposed to have done some studio work with this Sarah Thiele girl, which is most likely not my style of music, but will definately check it out once it is available. But yeah, I love Retraced. One of my favorite cover albums. I like cover albums. As a cover player myself, I like to hear other artists interpretations of some good ole classic material. Lets face it, practically anything that is done today has already been done. I just recently picked up George Lynch Kill All Control. George is another one of my favorites (especially Furious George). On there I here a song that reminds me of Alice In Chains, most likely an attempt for that more modern twist. Also, heard a Motorhead riff in there. Just to name a couple. Did he do this on purpose, I doubt it. Oh, on there he does a revised vesion of Mr. Scary called Son Of Scary which is pretty cool. I guess somewhere along the lines he lost some of the song wites to Mr Scary, pretty shitty. Very rarely do I here anything completely original anymore. So, I guess that is why I have fallen into the trap of listening to cover material. Plus, I cant write my own song for nothing.

Postby finebadpink » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:58 am

Yeah some ineffable quality about Jake's stuff, he's very imaginative on Retraced etc. Took a little survey of KWS through the years on youtube and I don't know whether Jake has metal-inflected blues or Jake-inflected blues, since he always had blues-inflected metal, not neoclassical :-) His style is unmistakable and very listenable (like I can't actually listen to any of lynch's or kws's stuff, the musical contexts, I even have a problem with srv or hendrix's stuff in terms of actually listening to it on the orad for example) esp. with the vocalists jake chooses. Wonder what the influences are... in any case jake is a gateway drug to the blues moreso than kws if you ask me, feel like I missed the boat, jake's still reaching audiences. Listening to Retraced I don't know who else could get away with that dirty playing and make it sound convincing or interesting, don't know the influence there... is it original?

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:39 pm

I dig KWS. Actually waiting on his new one (How I Go) to come in the mail. KWS has one hell of a vocalist in Noah Hunt backing him up though. Jake's playing is raw and in your face. I know some here did not get the whole Badlands thing. While I loved Jake on the Ozzy stuff, I did not get Jake until he did Badlands. That shit is just cookin. I thought it was brilliant right fom the opener High Wire. Greg Chaisson was a beast of a bass player. I never realized it till I listened to some of the live stuff found on Youtube. Eric Singer to this day is a well sought after drummer. Ray Gillen has some serious pipes that matched Jakes tone and playing style. If I am not mistaken Ray was the one to trigger the whole Badlands thing. In any case, Jake had a swamp stompin blues infected style that I like and miss.

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:55 am

I know some here did not get the whole Badlands thing. While I loved Jake on the Ozzy stuff, I did not get Jake until he did Badlands. That shit is just cookin. I thought it was brilliant right fom the opener High Wire. Greg Chaisson was a beast of a bass player. I never realized it till I listened to some of the live stuff found on Youtube. Eric Singer to this day is a well sought after drummer. Ray Gillen has some serious pipes that matched Jakes tone and playing style. If I am not mistaken Ray was the one to trigger the whole Badlands thing. In any case, Jake had a swamp stompin blues infected style that I like and miss.[/quote]

Agree 1,000,000 percent

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:24 pm

macheted01 wrote:I dig KWS. Actually waiting on his new one (How I Go) to come in the mail. KWS has one hell of a vocalist in Noah Hunt backing him up though. Jake's playing is raw and in your face. I know some here did not get the whole Badlands thing. While I loved Jake on the Ozzy stuff, I did not get Jake until he did Badlands. That shit is just cookin. I thought it was brilliant right fom the opener High Wire. Greg Chaisson was a beast of a bass player. I never realized it till I listened to some of the live stuff found on Youtube. Eric Singer to this day is a well sought after drummer. Ray Gillen has some serious pipes that matched Jakes tone and playing style. If I am not mistaken Ray was the one to trigger the whole Badlands thing. In any case, Jake had a swamp stompin blues infected style that I like and miss.

I read an interview, in which Jake stated, if you didn't like him in Badlands, you really didn't like him. Badlands was his true self.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:31 pm

Agree and like I've mentioned above in my 1st reply comment, I truelly do hope that Jake E. Lee will do an continous venture into his Retraced state of mind and a Fine Pink Mist II. Those are some really excellent Classic powerhouse recordings as are his recordings w/BADLANDS (which is his Heart) and OZZY time zones. There trailblazing music era's and I like his time w/The Beast Mandy Lion (WWIII fame) in WICKED ALLIANCE and BOURGIOUS Pigs (both strange and enchanting name at the same time...'excellent Heavy Rockin' band, too!) I still want those albums made from those bands Bourgious Pigs and Wicked Alliance & it would be nice if JAKE teamed up from time to time w/Greg Chaissson, Jeff Martin & Eric Singer and do a Heart stopping Heavy-Rock/Blues album dedicated to their brother & lead Vocalist Ray Gillen (rest in peace) all from the BADLANDS. Make it Bayou Wild Spirits...'heartwarming to the core, have special guests Vocalists 3-4 appear on it. Much respects! 8)

Return to All things Jake E Lee...