Ozzy Osbourne & Jake on the TV show "Solid Gold"

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Re: Ozzy Osbourne & Jake on the TV show "Solid Gold"

Postby johnorlitta » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:54 pm

tedeeoo, have you checked the link in Aga-Ta's post? ( the first post )
"We give you Jake E. Lee: the man who hates time and tremolos"

All Access Member

Postby tedeeoo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:57 pm

No, I just assumed it was the same clip I have seen, can't pull it up here at work but will when I get home. Is there something different about it?

Ultimate Sinner

Postby johnorlitta » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:11 pm

tedeeoo wrote:Jake has always said he liked So Tired until they "smaltzed" (I believe that's the word he used, lol!!) it all up with strings and everything. Guitarwise it has some nice textures from Jake (esp. the stuff he plays just before it goes into the chorus), I've always loved his solo in it, its very note perfect if you ask me with just enough nastiness in his pick attack to not be too nice. I would love to hear a version of this song before they added strings and too much production. There was a video up of this on youtube (solid gold) at one time but I haven't seen it for awhile so it may have been taken down.

You mentioned a performance of "So Tired" on Solid Gold, but that's what Aga-Ta posted. Maybe you saw a second performance that was on Solid Gold?

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:11 pm

tedeeoo wrote:Jake has always said he liked So Tired until they "smaltzed" (I believe that's the word he used, lol!!) it all up with strings and everything. Guitarwise it has some nice textures from Jake (esp. the stuff he plays just before it goes into the chorus), I've always loved his solo in it, its very note perfect if you ask me with just enough nastiness in his pick attack to not be too nice. I would love to hear a version of this song before they added strings and too much production. There was a video up of this on youtube (solid gold) at one time but I haven't seen it for awhile so it may have been taken down.

You're right - this video was on youtube but the account of the video was removed.

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:17 pm

johnorlitta wrote:

You mentioned a performance of "So Tired" on Solid Gold, but that's what Aga-Ta posted. Maybe you saw a second performance that was on Solid Gold?

johnorlitta - During the performance they played two songs: "Bark at the Moon" and "So tired " unfortunely on Youtube is available only BATM.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby johnorlitta » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:35 pm

Oh, Ok, I hate when that happens. Thanks Aga-Ta.

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:16 pm

tedeeoo -Especially for you - demo of "So Tired.":)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALUlsi0OiHE

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...