Queensryche

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Canada

Queensryche

Postby rockinrye » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:43 am

Probably all ready posted on here somewhere but it is worth repeating :!: Queensryche are back with Operation Mindcrime2 on April 4 .They are continuing right were they left off with Operation Mindcrime arguably the greatest concept album of all time :!:

1st single called "I'M AMERICAN" will be released too radio stations shortly :!:

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Queensryche

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:36 pm

Yeah, Ryche is in regular posting rotation around here. It's been a month or so since we've covered them, so good timing.

Olaf from the board brought my attention to a recent review given that rated the new effort very high. I'll get him to post the article since you've brought them up.

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Queensryche

Postby rockinrye » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:36 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Yeah, Ryche is in regular posting rotation around here. It's been a month or so since we've covered them, so good timing.

Olaf from the board brought my attention to a recent review given that rated the new effort very high. I'll get him to post the article since you've brought them up.


THANKS, i haven't read a bad revue yet, of Operation Mindcrime 2 :!:

All Access Member
Posts: 1643
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Sacramento

Re: Queensryche

Postby Shadow » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:37 pm

QUEENSRYCHE have some mighty "solid" masterpieces on their hands and I bet this newest album/Cd music crime Operation Mindcrime2 is just as powerful! Peace.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: Queensryche

Postby Rock » Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:07 am

LOL..to this day, queen of the ryche, is still one of my fave Queensryche songs..Wished we got some of these bands here, been thinking about going for another trip to the U.S, havnt been for years.......SO WHO OF U GUYS ARE GOING TO PUT ME UP, and take me out and show me your home towns. :)

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Queensryche

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:52 am

Rock wrote:LOL..to this day, queen of the ryche, is still one of my fave Queensryche songs..Wished we got some of these bands here, been thinking about going for another trip to the U.S, havnt been for years.......SO WHO OF U GUYS ARE GOING TO PUT ME UP, and take me out and show me your home towns. :)


So, do most bands not tour down under or something?

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: Queensryche

Postby Rock » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:59 pm

We get alot here, but there are bands that just never get here, Queensryche being one of them. Eg: L.A Guns has never been here, but at least we got Brides of destruction with tracii here last year. It can be pretty random who comes, of course all the big bands and artists come, but it has become alot better in recent years.

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Queensryche

Postby rockinrye » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:15 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Rock wrote:LOL..to this day, queen of the ryche, is still one of my fave Queensryche songs..Wished we got some of these bands here, been thinking about going for another trip to the U.S, havnt been for years.......SO WHO OF U GUYS ARE GOING TO PUT ME UP, and take me out and show me your home towns. :)


So, do most bands not tour down under or something?


Prime example , RATT in there hey day ,came on the " bark at the moon tour" and like 5 months later came back :!:

Never saw them again in Canada :!:

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: Queensryche

Postby Rock » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:17 am

rockinrye wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Rock wrote:LOL..to this day, queen of the ryche, is still one of my fave Queensryche songs..Wished we got some of these bands here, been thinking about going for another trip to the U.S, havnt been for years.......SO WHO OF U GUYS ARE GOING TO PUT ME UP, and take me out and show me your home towns. :)


So, do most bands not tour down under or something?


Prime example , RATT in there hey day ,came on the " bark at the moon tour" and like 5 months later came back :!:

Never saw them again in Canada :!:


Yeh, lol, Poison comes to mind, they came here in their hey day, not that I was a big fan, but I did and still do go and see these bands to see what they can do live. At least Motley Crue came back, seen them here in '89 on the Dr Feelgood tour, then last year for the Carnival of Sins tour, long time between drinks, but at least they got back, then again, bands like Ozzy fkn Osbourne have never been here, and they are fkn huge here. Got me fucked why that lazy prick doesnt come here. Some of these metal bands would be surprised at the reception the get if they came here, we are starved for some good shit. :)

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Queensryche

Postby rockinrye » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:19 am

Rock wrote:
rockinrye wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Rock wrote:LOL..to this day, queen of the ryche, is still one of my fave Queensryche songs..Wished we got some of these bands here, been thinking about going for another trip to the U.S, havnt been for years.......SO WHO OF U GUYS ARE GOING TO PUT ME UP, and take me out and show me your home towns. :)


So, do most bands not tour down under or something?


Prime example , RATT in there hey day ,came on the " bark at the moon tour" and like 5 months later came back :!:

Never saw them again in Canada :!:


Yeh, lol, Poison comes to mind, they came here in their hey day, not that I was a big fan, but I did and still do go and see these bands to see what they can do live. At least Motley Crue came back, seen them here in '89 on the Dr Feelgood tour, then last year for the Carnival of Sins tour, long time between drinks, but at least they got back, then again, bands like Ozzy fkn Osbourne have never been here, and they are fkn huge here. Got me fucked why that lazy prick doesnt come here. Some of these metal bands would be surprised at the reception the get if they came here, we are starved for some good shit. :)


OZZY never been too Australia , you 're kiddin me :?:

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Queensryche

Postby mrmetal » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:27 am

Hey Rock, don't take it so hard man. You live in a beautiful country, my wife has relatives there, but damn it is a long way from everything! That flight has got to be horrendous.

eh mate? :D

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: Queensryche

Postby Rock » Fri Feb 17, 2006 4:24 pm

mrmetal wrote:Hey Rock, don't take it so hard man. You live in a beautiful country, my wife has relatives there, but damn it is a long way from everything! That flight has got to be horrendous.

eh mate? :D


Yeh it is, its a long ride, I think that has alot to do with how often bands come here. Black Sabbath came here with Ozzy in the '70s, but Ozzy has never been here as a solo artist, and I cant ever see that happening anytime soon. :cry:

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Queensryche

Postby rockinrye » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:32 am

Rock wrote:
mrmetal wrote:Hey Rock, don't take it so hard man. You live in a beautiful country, my wife has relatives there, but damn it is a long way from everything! That flight has got to be horrendous.

eh mate? :D


Yeh it is, its a long ride, I think that has alot to do with how often bands come here. Black Sabbath came here with Ozzy in the '70s, but Ozzy has never been here as a solo artist, and I cant ever see that happening anytime soon. :cry:


My x fiance's parents went too Austrailia for a rugby tournament , they stopped over in Hawaii then too Austrailia .This was a long time ago I believe they werein the air for 24 hours all together (if memory serves right)

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: Queensryche

Postby Rock » Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:53 am

Yeh, u be pretty close, I have done 18 hrs to the otherside, so if they went to hawaii, could be pretty close.

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: TN

Re: Queensryche

Postby Olaf » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:30 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Yeah, Ryche is in regular posting rotation around here. It's been a month or so since we've covered them, so good timing.

Olaf from the board brought my attention to a recent review given that rated the new effort very high. I'll get him to post the article since you've brought them up.


QUEENSRYCHE
Operation: Mindcrime II
(Rhino)

Reviewed by : Martin Popoff
Rating : 8.5


It’s quite a feat that Geoff Tate has managed to stay true to his longstanding disdain for metal (for which he’s been pilloried) and still deliver a record that is a bunch of good things, including dark, complicated, true to the spirit and tone of the original Mindcrime, and above all evocative of heaviness without being all that point-blank heavy metallic. Hell, Queensryche also manage a moody murkiness despite a very bright recording, a recording that – either by accident or design – captures the energetic and brisk high midranges of the original ’88 album’s drum sound. The story is set 20 years after the first one, and is just as bizarre as the first one, involving again Nikki and Sister Mary and Dr. X, and like the first one, this one is destined to be admired but only from afar, Mindcrime being metal’s Ulysses (or worse, Finnegan’s Wake) – everybody’s got one but few have actually read it. As well, Queensryche manage to create a modern prog metal masterwork, but more from offering a bewildering stack of textures versus weird time signatures or even riffs. But have no fear, there are rockers (and more often, crunching passages) as well as guitar solos. One of the highlights is ‘The Chase’, which features Ronnie James Dio, the track also speaking to this idea of progressive, sophisticated arrangement plus the aforementioned heaviness without all that much bald-faced heavy metal. The strings or keyboards or keyboard strings or whatever the hell they are, seem to arrive and hang around in too many places mid to late in the album, and I eventually found myself saddled with concept fatigue, but fortunately, songs like ‘Fear City Slide’ arrive to impart upon the listener this seductive sleight of hand the band’s managed, Queensryche impressively crafting a sort of modern, electronic-sheened yet dark prog metal, a descriptor that also applies to the band’s misunderstood at the time but now well-regarded Rage For Order album from ’86. Ends on a miasmic and out-chilled Pink Floyd note with something called ‘All The Promises’, Queensryche almost daring the chattering classes to keep up the tittering about the band losing its metal compass. Simultaneously, the band can walk away, grinning like wrinkled Cheshire cats, o’er the triumph of assimilating the disparate elements of the sprawled catalogue to date along with the sprawled motivations of the five guys forced to pound this thing into place.

Next

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests