Rebel Tribute Project/JAKE E. LEE

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Rebel Tribute Project/JAKE E. LEE

Postby mrmetal » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:07 am

Fretman wrote:Looking forward to it....have been for years.

No shit, what has been? Like five or something like that?

Postby Fretman » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:21 pm

I'm not sure, but it's competing with Chinese Democracy. :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:15 pm

I think Jimi's shopping it around. I could be wrong but since it's essentialy a record of covers, the company that releases it has to take care of the publishing. I think thats why it's taking a long time. It's worth the wait though, I assure you. Damn fine record....even tho' the version I heard was not the final product. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:14 pm

Glad to hear that the Rock N Roll Rebel: Jake E. Lee Tribute Cd is still in progress/the works going through it's finale stages of mixing and such. I'm eager for it's release and hope that the premiere stages of this fine Tribute recording Cd will be showcased/purchased order through JakeE.Lee.com Website "here" (so we JAKE fans can have 1st grabs! Big smile!) and that it gets the proper Publishing Establishment (and Advertisements!) to back it up for it's a Rockin' solid gritty Hard Rock/Metal & Blues Tribute you guys/Jimi Forrest & Co put together straight from "all" Hearts to a very incrediable legendary Rebel Guitarist/Musician Jake E. Lee and his masterworks. Peace and I look forward to the finale JAKE Rebel Tribute Cd Project (the Art Cover Graphic design is just "awesome" its very rustic & antique looking: giving it a dash of the Old West & the Ancient Orient, that's Nice! Totally Origional! I'm trying my best to thank of the Graphic Artist name but at the moment it escapes me "sorry" but I must say his Graphics Art Designs are just magnificent, very talented young man: you done a amazing Art Cover sleeve!) and can't wait to hear each Classic song in it's entirety. Thank you!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:36 am

Deansolo wrote:I think Jimi's shopping it around. I could be wrong but since it's essentialy a record of covers, the company that releases it has to take care of the publishing. I think thats why it's taking a long time. It's worth the wait though, I assure you. Damn fine record....even tho' the version I heard was not the final product. :)

Take it to Frontiers. They seem friendly to good music!

All Access Member

Postby jimiforrest » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:42 pm

Ok I'll bite...note I'm sitting here posting on the forums on a Friday night, LOL. Without going into all the trivial details...yes, this project has been in the works for a very loooooooong time. The recording has been completed for the entire project for about a year. Now, for the last year I've been through buying a new house, bringing our 3rd child into the world, etc. This is on top of my professional and musical life. I'm not going to make any excuses but life has been a tad on the extremely busy side. Now things have freed up a bit and I'm actively shopping the disc and I'm also contemplating making it available to webzines for review. Of course, that in itself can be a dual-edged sword in today's world of angst ridden forum posters (the jakeelee forums are NOT lumped in with that broad brush stroke, btw).

I've made the CD available to a select few people in the industry (outside of the record companies) and the response has been very positive! People like Dean make me feel like the countless hours (months and years, LOL) of organizing, recording, mixing...yada yada yada...are worth it. With that said...I really feel that the disc is worth the wait. And I've said it many times...this ended up being a product that stands side by side with tribute CD's with the "big names" on them and above many of them IMO. You can hear the passion in the songs. Everyone involved did this to thank Jake and I think it comes across beautifully.

You will not find a more dead-on version of Highwire or Centre of Eternity anywhere, period. Then, there is the opposite end of the spectrum...Seasons is very stripped down, intimate and very powerful (my personal favorite on the disc). In between...there are fantastic versions with original interpretations of solos and/or arrangements. There is something for everyone on the disc. I can't thank everyone here enough for their patience and understanding.

Ok...now I can have a couple Friday night beers. Cheers!

Jimi

P.S. Damn Dean...sorry about the blown JBL....hehe :twisted: Guess the guys won't be seeing any of those pedals anytime soon, LOL.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby johnorlitta » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:26 am

I wanted to create a new topic regarding the Tribute CD, but I wanted to check first to see if one already existed. Lo and behold, here it is, albeit 5 years since the last post.

I recently messaged Jimi Forrest regarding availability of the cd, he had said that if there was still enough interest in the project it could be done. So how about it, anyone still interested? I know I am.
"We give you Jake E. Lee: the man who hates time and tremolos"

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:18 pm

johnorlitta wrote:I wanted to create a new topic regarding the Tribute CD, but I wanted to check first to see if one already existed. Lo and behold, here it is, albeit 5 years since the last post.

I recently messaged Jimi Forrest regarding availability of the cd, he had said that if there was still enough interest in the project it could be done. So how about it, anyone still interested? I know I am.

Of course I'm still interested been waiting like since f o r e v e r (smile, patiently)..'would love to hear how it all turned out. And hope the same people/musicians are on the Rock N Roll Rebel Tribute Project to JAKE E. LEE. What I've heard so far is pretty cool & I'm quite sure improved upon here & there because Jimmy Forrest is quite passionate musician & in what he does respectfully. All the best with this Project and I love Rory's Art work designs on it, also. Peace! 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat May 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Put it up for sale here :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sat May 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Put me in for 1.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sat May 19, 2012 10:37 pm

I want one 2

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun May 20, 2012 1:56 am

I'd sign up for one too :D and I don't buy CDs too often 8)
Is jimiforrest even around anymore?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu May 24, 2012 4:02 pm

MetalHead wrote:I'd sign up for one too :D and I don't buy CDs too often 8)

ROCK N ROLL REBEL: A Jake E. Lee Tribute, is it truly out, will it ever be release?! I quess the only people that can best answer that question are Jimmy Forrest and the Webmaster Jefnel1. I sincerly hope it will see the light of day and get the proper spotlight it so deserve for some pretty dedicated musicians/fans poured their hearts into this Tribute to the da Oge/JAKE E. LEE. :D Much respects and you guys sound fantastic-tough!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri May 25, 2012 6:35 am

MetalHead wrote:I'd sign up for one too :D and I don't buy CDs too often 8)

He shows up every once in a great while. He's on Facebook. Look him up...I'm sure he'd be glad to hear from you.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Fri May 25, 2012 7:38 am

I would if I could...but I refuse to use Facebook 8) ;)

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...