Fantasy Band

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Fantasy Band

Postby macheted01 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:23 am

Ahh, very cool. So a few things get by me. Sebastian, one of the best voices in the business. I seen mention of Mike Patton. Funny thing, I have been trying to get my band to want to cover Epic. Hopefully a few of the other newer members will chime in.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu May 24, 2012 4:39 pm

I want JAKE E. LEE to do another instrumental recording like he did with his highly acclaimed "A Fine Pink Mist" album/Cd - him playing "all" the instruments. Howbeit he did get help assistance from a musician drummer. With guest Vocalists on it every now & then...'ranging from Music Artists like Chris Logan, Mandy Lion, Joe Leste', Maria Brink, Jorn, Sebastian and John West that's it for now. And of course Greg Chaisson, Jeff Martin and Eric Singer make a guest appearance, too. 8) 8O :twisted: That would be sweet!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue May 29, 2012 1:55 pm

macheted01 wrote:Cool picks Doobie with Mike Inez and Scott Rockenfeld, not sure who Bas is though? I like Tom Keifer, is he back in business? Last I knew, he damaged his vocal chords pretty bad. Cinderella opening up for Judas Priest back in the day, was one of my favorite shows that I have went to. Chris Cornell is one of my favorites. Although, he was from the grunge era and I did not really care for that era too much, Soundgarden is still on my playlist. I was sad when Audioslave folded. The were kick ass.
Surely all these guys would be interesting matchups.
Oh, I almost forgot. I stumbled onto Slave To The System recently, which is not that new, but Scott Rockenfield is in that project and it seemed pretty sweet. A friend of mine had it in his car, and got to hear part of it.

Here's a sample of how Bas's voice goes with Jake's tone ... superbly!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzeHwHu53_s

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Tue May 29, 2012 3:14 pm

It says Jake just did the lead guitar work and Kane Roberts did the rhythm guitar work, but I get the picture. Kane, another guy that just kind of fell off the map. Dude was a monster. He had kind of weird playing style, it seems from what I remember of his videos with Alice Cooper. Lifting weights slows a guy down, so maybe that is why he incorporated that thing he did. Jake's solo is blistering in this.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed May 30, 2012 6:39 am

macheted01 wrote:It says Jake just did the lead guitar work and Kane Roberts did the rhythm guitar work, but I get the picture. Kane, another guy that just kind of fell off the map. Dude was a monster. He had kind of weird playing style, it seems from what I remember of his videos with Alice Cooper. Lifting weights slows a guy down, so maybe that is why he incorporated that thing he did. Jake's solo is blistering in this.

Blistering, indeed. Bas and Jake also recorded Working Man together on the Rush tribute. I'll probably be lynched for saying this but, I'm not fond of what Jake did with the solo portion what-so-ever.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby mskarenrocks » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:32 pm

If we are just fantasizing about a band for him I would put me in it for sure. If I am gonna dream, might as well dream big lol.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:59 am

Well, I am getting closer to Brian Tichy on the drums for Jake. With the newest performance of S.U.N., when Jake is ready, maybe Tichy will be the guy.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:38 am

Brian Tichy is a beast on the drums! I saw him with Whitesnake last year. He is a powerful drummer
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...