Wicked Alliance - Born to Be Wild - live 94

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Wicked Alliance - Born to Be Wild - live 94

Postby Doobie » Thu May 17, 2012 6:22 am

Shadow, have you ever heard Mandy Lion sing live, in person?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Elpowerkapo » Thu May 17, 2012 6:45 pm

dixiefix wrote:
Elpowerkapo wrote:Jake know Jeet Kune Do :twisted:

...... how do you know that ???? 8O

Yes, look at this :)
http://jakeelee.com/html/testconvert/vi ... php?t=2055

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu May 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Doobie wrote:Shadow, have you ever heard Mandy Lion sing live, in person?

Yes, I have seen MANDY LION w/his band WWIII live some yrs back 2003 (in Los Angeles at The Club Volka established/fame Nightclub) and they put on one of the toughest/surreal awesome & frightening down to Earth kick-buns live Concert performance I've seen in a long time (and BEAUTIFUL Creatures were bad-asses, too!!!). I love MANDY's powerful vocals, he does indeed sounds like an lion when performing live he prowls & roars (and he has a natural pleasant speaking voice as well, spoke to him and his a very nice person/Music Artist): I find that amazing he could do those heavy extreme grooves w/his voice and his performance is geniune, chilly-surreal and sensual, potent. And his an awesome dancer, too: very smooth & lethal moves like a Lion. He definately earned the title of being known as theBeast, his awesome & true Hearted through and through. 8) :o :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri May 25, 2012 6:31 am

Shadow wrote:
Doobie wrote:Shadow, have you ever heard Mandy Lion sing live, in person?

Yes, I have seen MANDY LION w/his band WWIII live some yrs back 2003 (in Los Angeles at The Club Volka established/fame Nightclub) and they put on one of the toughest/surreal awesome & frightening down to Earth kick-buns live Concert performance I've seen in a long time (and BEAUTIFUL Creatures were bad-asses, too!!!). I love MANDY's powerful vocals, he does indeed sounds like an lion when performing live he prowls & roars (and he has a natural pleasant speaking voice as well, spoke to him and his a very nice person/Music Artist): I find that amazing he could do those heavy extreme grooves w/his voice and his performance is geniune, chilly-surreal and sensual, potent. And his an awesome dancer, too: very smooth & lethal moves like a Lion. He definately earned the title of being known as theBeast, his awesome & true Hearted through and through. 8) :o :twisted:

9 years later than I saw him ... maybe he had a chance to get himself straight and respectable by then.
But, "sensual"? How about "demonic"? We have totally differing opinions on men, evidently. I found him grotesque. He's about as personable as the carpet my feet are planted on right now. Anytime he wasn't grasping for his garbling voice he was throwing back some kind of alcohol by the glass full. "Prowling"? "Smooth, lethal moves like a lion"? I'm glad he could move during the show you attended. He just kind of stood like dead wood at the WA show in '94. And, I won't even go into his taste (or lack thereof) in women other than saying what his GF was doing, with his approval, at a table beside the audience was disturbing (do the words "spread eagle" conjure figments of beautiful, tranquil, violin-playing images in your head at this point? Forget I asked as I'm pretty sure I won't read through your adjective-laden sentences when you reply). He had no respect whatsoever for his audience that night and could have given two shits how he sounded or if he was even singing the correct lyrics. No, I'm not a Mandy Lion fan and never will be. I find him repulsive. There's no wonder Wicked Alliance didn't move along on any projects. I guess one person's dream experience can be another person's nightmare. However, I didn't attend the show to become acquainted with Mandy Lion. Now, Jake on the other hand ...

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Fri May 25, 2012 8:51 am

Just look upon the total of your discussion, and total I don't see much sense.
Known that tastes are different .. :wink: I'm not a big fan of Mandy Lion's but his voice didn't bother me, the music just right and still focus mainly on how to play Jake - so the rest is less important .. 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri May 25, 2012 9:27 am

Aga-ta, Shadow never saw WA play live but, yet she wants to add her 2 cents on the issue and make it all sound like butterflies and rainbows. Not necessary. She always tries to make what people say as being untrue. Had my fill of it.

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Fri May 25, 2012 9:33 am

Doobie wrote:Aga-ta, Shadow never saw WA play live but, yet she wants to add her 2 cents on the issue and make it all sound like butterflies and rainbows. Not necessary. She always tries to make what people say as being untrue. Had my fill of it.

Now I understand what it was.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:46 pm

The whole Wicked Alliance think got by me. Never new much about it. I did order one of the DVD live shows. Just have not had a chance to check it out. I will try to watch it soon and chime back in and give you my take on this project. As a player myself I have learned that you can get together with other musicians and never develop the chemistry that makes making music great. Then there are times when everything just gels right from the get go. So, I will watch it with an open mind and see for myself.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Correction: The whole Wicked Alliance thing got by me. I dont know why, but the edit function has not been working lately.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby guitarninja » Fri May 25, 2012 5:39 pm

saw the show in march of '94 in tampa, the paper had the concert listed as Jake E Lee, so I was going no matter what. as the show drew nearer I had heard Jake was working with mandy lion and i had no idea who that was at the time and i thought "Jake is working with some chick now??!!" My only real news source was guitar and metal magazines, and they were about 2 months behind on news. long story short, band was good, Jake was flat out awesome, mandy lion was a weird experience for me. I was there for one purpose, to see my guitar hero less than 10 feet in front of me and meet him after the show-mission accomplished.
this attitude has served me well since that night, have been able to meet George Lynch, Billy Sheehan, Eric Sardinas, Al Pitrelli, Chris Caffery, Johnny Lee Middleton, Dave Ellefson, Chris Broderick, and Dave Mustaine. sorry to get off topic and don't mean to brag about those meetings, I consider it an honor to meet the people who have created the music that I love, and thank them for the impact on my life.
gn

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue May 29, 2012 6:32 am

guitarninga, the very reason I went was your reason, Jake. Our show was also advertised as Jake E Lee, not Wicked Alliance. Good thing ... I probably wouldn't have known who was in the band!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby guitarninja » Tue May 29, 2012 5:35 pm

glad you went, know I will never forget the way Jake played, rocked like a man possessed!!!
gn

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed May 30, 2012 6:41 am

guitarninja wrote:glad you went, know I will never forget the way Jake played, rocked like a man possessed!!!
gn

*nodding head* Yes. Yes, he did.

Postby Winter » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:04 pm

I have some of the 'Wicked Alliance' gigs. They are cool. :)
Last edited by Winter on Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:56 pm

[quote="seasons"] and Jake ended up jumping into the crowd and fighting someone...true story.[/quote

That's cool 8)

Aga....still a good find....Thank you :D

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...