God Bless ozzy

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: God Bless ozzy

Postby Shadow » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:44 pm

I've heard of the Godbless OZZY video/Documentary but never seened it. I'm sure it has some pretty off the wall things on it: some cool and not so cool/upsetting & not right about his Life on & off stage and his band members, past and present.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:45 pm

It's been on Showtime ...it was on the othernight...try to catch it...what sympathy you may have had for Sharon after Ozzy beat the crap out of her (how many times) and then tried to kill her....and she still stayed with him She must have really loved and believed in him, oppsy!!! :lol: I mean the MONEY. God I sound like such a terrible person but she brings out the bitch in me :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:48 pm

hah, without Sharon we wouln't be on this very board 8)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:14 am

MetalHead wrote:hah, without Sharon we wouln't be on this very board 8)

You could be right :? But, Jake may have "made it" with out the Oz
But, I wonder if he really wanted it after all. He could have been just trying it on to see if the rock star was a fit. I still think he could hit it big again if he really wanted it...I don't think he does. And what if Sharon didn't fire him..he could be as strung out and drug soaked as some of the big shots..We may only see him coming out of the shadows once in a blue moon..but I had rather him have a simpler life and be hopefully happy...WE just have to keep a extra watch for those blue moons. :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:53 pm

skezza wrote:I think people are really getting over heels about this documentary. Ozzy mentions Randy, thats it. Jake wasn't mentioned. Zakk was mentioned once maybe? No mention of any of the others or Gus G. So I think people need to put it back it into context.

I actually enjoyed the documentary more for the scenes of him visiting his home town. Aston is pretty rough (not far from where I live, an hour at most) and it's just interesting to see how he reacted when he saw what it was like now.

I watched the rest of the doc this morning when I got off from work. They were in Ozzy's hometown... And for the first time I saw him as a human, not a drunken Prince of Darkness...he had some of the same problems as I did when I was a kid.. then I saw it was produced by Jack Osbourne and thought it may be it was a honest look at him...he talked about how drinking had destroyed his relationships with his daughters and how when the Osbournes tv show was shot..so was he...he said he was at his worst...and him stumbling around wasn't funny to himself anymore. I did feel sorry for him untill I saw where Sharon Osbourne :twisted: was the Excutive Producer..She cant leave it alone...I can not recall disliking a ceb so much..I hate myself for this. 8O

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:54 am

The idea that Jake wouldn't have made it with Ozzy or Sharon is laughable. Jake would have got a gig with with numerous bands.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:06 pm

Sunrise wrote:The idea that Jake wouldn't have made it with Ozzy or Sharon is laughable. Jake would have got a gig with with numerous bands.

you are laughable.
what hi-profile gigs would he have landed then?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:36 am

Sunrise wrote: The idea that Jake wouldn't have made it with Ozzy or Sharon is laughable. Jake would have got a gig with with numerous bands.
MetalHead wrote: you are laughable.

pal/s ! dont you know !!!!!???? :roll:
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:15 pm

dixiefix wrote:
Sunrise wrote: The idea that Jake wouldn't have made it with Ozzy or Sharon is laughable. Jake would have got a gig with with numerous bands.

Badlands?? :?

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:51 pm

eh?

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:50 pm

macheted01 wrote:A true rebel. I am sure it did not hurt his feeling that he got fired. It sounds like that is the road he wanted to travel. Sitting back patiently to see what unravels with the new Jake material. I personaly know musicians that you just cant work with and seems to be the case with many others not just me. Its a hard thing to find a group of guys that you can gel with.

Ever tried any female band :wink: members? We play too!

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:06 am

Kathy wrote:
dixiefix wrote:

Badlands?? :?

yup ! ... as he(Jakee) stated : thanks i was getting sacked by ozzy.... i am on my own and i always wished having my own band ..... and concerning by experience of without no junkies or drunkies even having fun together........
:!:
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:32 pm

Sorry Kathy. Was not excluding women with the guys comment. That is just how it rolled out. Tito & Tarantula is one of my favorite bands and he is now backed by all female artists. Rippy is a badass on the bass. I just went and seen Ana Popovik last night and got to meet her. Pretty cool. Also met Frankie Banali last night as well at the show. Great night.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:12 pm

macheted01 wrote:Sorry Kathy. Was not excluding women with the guys comment. That is just how it rolled out. Tito & Tarantula is one of my favorite bands and he is now backed by all female artists. Rippy is a badass on the bass. I just went and seen Ana Popovik last night and got to meet her. Pretty cool. Also met Frankie Banali last night as well at the show. Great night.

No problem, I was just yanking your chain :D Women are really getting into rock and head banging rock...There are alot more all female and mixed bands these days. Hell, we might even get to vote one day. OOPs we already do :lol:

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:29 am

Well lets see...David Coverdale said he had been watching Jake for years and wanted him to join Whitesnake but Jake said no...Jake was in Dio until he left, he had a chance to play for Ratt but went with Ozzy instead [Jake played in Ratt just before they hit the big time, something Metalhead obviously forgot]....he also was going to be in Motley Crue but Mick Mars didn't want him in. He was also in Rough Cutt. I think its safe to assume he would have got a major gig with someone...as I have so easily pointed out to you.

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...