old post

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: old post

Postby mskarenrocks » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Yes, dish lol. I would love his butt no matter what it looked like(even if he were 80):) I would guess that Jade does have contact with him and he sees in grand daughter sometimes as well but, she probably will post s once in awhile on his FB to make his fans feel like they are some what close to him or something. I am sure that he does not get on there or anything but, for some reason it actually does make me feel better knowing that at least she reads things and post once in awhile on there.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:37 am

I read in a old post dated May 31,2010 by Alfamy1 that Jake's mother had written a book about him. Anyone know anything about it? I couldn't find anymore post about it. Anyone know if it is still for sale?

Secret Loser

Postby angelrabbit » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:50 am

You mean 'forked road' by Shizu Williams. I got one from Amazon. I found it several years ago, maybe on E bay, but I didn't buy then, because I had no money. About a year ago, finaly got it from Amazon but I have not read yet
because it is written in Englishhh!

Word useage of her is difficlut for me, I had a headache, thought (It seems Mrs.Shizu is a good speaker of English, though her face is whole Japanese)
I read a little, the part of her climbing up the tree..

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby mskarenrocks » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:46 am

I defiantly have to get that book:)

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Hey Guys, I found Jake's mom's book! :D It's on Amazon. She is a published author. Alot of people say they are going to write a book. Most don't. But she took the time to do it. 8) Good for her!! That could have been one of her lifes ambitions.
....Cheers to Jake's mom!! :D

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:27 pm

Kathy wrote:Hey Guys, I found Jake's mom's book! :D It's on Amazon. She is a published author. Alot of people say they are going to write a book. Most don't. But she took the time to do it. 8) Good for her!! That could have been one of her lifes ambitions.
....Cheers to Jake's mom!! :D

Well I've been reading Jake's moms book. Once you get started it is turning into a good read. It's about her life in Japan pre, during and after WWII. It's interesting to hear about Japan in that time period from someone that lived it. I love history so if you don't like history this book will may not be for you. She does have talk about Jake. When he was a kid..straight A student. She also talks about going back to Japan to visit. She had a very interesting life made some tough desisions. Still reading just wanted to share some of what I've read so far. She also talked about a place for "henpecked husbands". She had a good since of humor. 8)

Secret Loser

Postby angelrabbit » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:27 am

I'm the one who don't like history, I don't like difficult things :cry:
Actually, I don't know why Mrs. Shizu could speak English at that time. During the war,Japan had a ban on using English, I guess she lived near U.S. military base after the war. Maybe I'll find the answer if only I read that book

I remember, Jake said (there was a time my mom was trying to teach me Japanese, but I had other things to do, like baseball or..)

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:19 pm

angelrabbit wrote:I'm the one who don't like history, I don't like difficult things :cry:
Actually, I don't know why Mrs. Shizu could speak English at that time. During the war,Japan had a ban on using English, I guess she lived near U.S. military base after the war. Maybe I'll find the answer if only I read that book

I remember, Jake said (there was a time my mom was trying to teach me Japanese, but I had other things to do, like baseball or..)

Actually she does talk about learning English, in Japan after WWII..She took lessons as a school girl. She also talks about Jakes daughter and how he took time off from his career because his daughter needed him. From what Mrs. Williams says this was around his Ozzy time. So, Jake may have been late to band practice because he was taking care of his daughter. I won't say what Mrs. Williams said was going on with her daughter inlaw..due to respect. Jake's dad was in the US Navy and Jake was born on a US Navel base in Virgina.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:28 pm

Oh, the book was written when she was living in the US ....it starts out with her childhood in Japan. Then kinda jumps around from year to year. She has some short stories she had written while taking a writting class. Also, the pages have the year she is writting about. Now, I am starting the Chapter about Susan. Jakes late sister.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:52 am

Kathy wrote:So, Jake may have been late to band practice because he was taking care of his daughter.

Jake has always been late :lol:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:10 pm

MetalHead wrote:
Kathy wrote:So, Jake may have been late to band practice because he was taking care of his daughter.

Jake has always been late :lol:

how do you know :!: :?:
btw from which genertion are you swedish.... i'm just asking
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:24 pm

dixiefix wrote:how do you know :!: :?:

based on interviews with him and people around him, that's how ;)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:56 pm

Jake E. Lee's Website has been around quite along time whole Heart and pretty much LouZ answered the questions so mentioned in the main post: very nicely/respectfully said. The 'site has gone through a lot and handled so many up's & down's respectfully: I miss Acolyte (he had a lot of etiquette/smart as whip) and so is Mr. Metal/Walter and our two genuine Webmaster's Chris O'Neill and Jeff Levesque (very nice/clever smart people) that put their creative stamp/hand-works that kept this informative JAKE E. LEE Website running since 1999: I give a big hearty thank-you to both..'also, Jimmy Forrest. AND I've been a member since the Summer of 2000 I believe. Mr. Jake E. Lee is an pretty awesome trailblazing musician and I wish him all the best. 8)

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:24 pm

MetalHead wrote:
dixiefix wrote:how do you know :!: :?:

based on interviews with him and people around him, that's how ;)

Mrs. Williams said Jake was always late too. Mrs. Williams said that when Jake started playing the guitar, he was always in his room playing it or taking it apart. She said she went in his room and ask him "Who is that on the radio?' Jake replied, "Jimi Hendrix, He is one of the 3 best guitar players in the world". Mrs. Williams ask "Who are the other 2?" Jake said "Jimmy Page". Then she ask who is the 3rd one? Jake said "He's sitting infront of you." She thought he was kidding but he didn't crack a smile.. :wink:

Kinda cool!! :D

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:12 pm

I am really intrigued about that book. I never knew about it til it was being discussed on here. VERY interested in reading it someday. I think Jake's family history is pretty unusual and interesting.

Thanks Kathy for sharing the bits you have so far.

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...