Interesting...

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Interesting...

Postby macheted01 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:24 pm

Well, hopefully it is for real. I will have to check out Paul Dianno on youtube. I have not heard anything he has done since Battlezone. It says they are looking for a vocalist to take them into the future. I dont think it is necessary to hit these songs note for note. I think it would be more reasonable to find a good vocalist that is capable of putting there own spin on them. Hell, listen to Phil Soussan's version of Shot In The Dark and he is not even a singer. Its not great, but he does it.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:14 pm

Yeah, just checked out PD on youtube. Pretty rough. It looks like he runs out of gas on every song that I watched. I am sure a little studio magic will polish things up nicely. It sounds like Jake is kind of doing the Slash thing, which a few others have used this formula too. But hey, most releases from artists like that, I dig, so I will be waiting. Some of them older fellas that were great back in the day, just dont cut it live anymore. Just goes to show you, that it helps to take care of yourself physically. We have mentioned some great vocalists on the other threads, maybe one of us will get lucky with our picks.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:19 pm

JAKE looks outta-sight jamming on his guitar ..'nice B/W photo and he has a Facebook page, too. Nice!! Hope he locates the right Vocalist sound-groove his looking for: I think Chris Logan from his "Retraced" album is a phenomenal talent. Love his voice as I do Ray Gillen's, Glen Hughes, West, and Mandy Lion, etc.,. Just a few groove-Vocal talents he'd jammed with that's a solid compliment to his groove. 8) Much respects!!

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:41 pm

angelrabbit wrote:I like Paul D’ianno better than Bruce Dickinson. The voice of his younger days was so sharp and sexy.
I like the lyric;
(won't you come in to my room, I wanna show you all my wares
I just want to see your blood,
I just want to stand and stare)

haha lol
well he's one of my favorite singer and he was the one who made iron maiden :!: - Bruce D cant keep up on D’ianno 's voice spectra when singing old Maiden songs .
My other favorites are mostly all Yngwiee's except my ''hate'' object Graham Bonnet -i cant just stand his overall ''trying -to -sing -good'' style
/imo
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:48 pm

i have my doubts whatever it's another fb- scam..... it doesn't look serious :? :?
anyway hanging on to see whats happen next , checking out forthcoming info that should be out any time 8)
:D

Killer of Giants

Postby Aga-Ta » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:56 pm

It's obvious that this site set up a fan - who can not wait for the new album Jake .. :wink:

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:57 pm

dixiefix wrote:i have my doubts whatever it's another fb- scam..... it doesn't look serious :? :?
anyway hanging on to see whats happen next , checking out forthcoming info that should be out any time 8)
:D

The more I think about it ...I think its a scam too. Why would Jake go to facebook to look for a singer? With all the connections he as, if he wants them. Unless, he has burned too many bridges. And look at all the tallent at his finger tips in Vegas...Nope don't like it. Looks like he'd contact Jeff if there is any major news.
I'm with Dixie and Aga it's a hoax...a cruel one at that!!

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:08 pm

"Unless, he has burned too many bridges" BINGO!!

Paul Dianno?! Anyone could get him to sing on your album for a sandwich and a pint. Okay, maybe two sandwiches...

I don't think it's a hoax in general, I think it's yet another person trying to put something together for Jake since these new recordings are the closest Jake has come to doing something in almost almost a decade. I'm sure Jake didn't go put that page up. Which I guess, in the the end, makes it a hoax one way or another. But you can see by the big long detailed post on there that this guy really thinks he's got something viable here and that all this stuff is really gonna happen.

Whoever that guy is, I feel sorry for him. He's gonna waste SO much time and energy.

But of course, as always, I'd LOVE to be wrong on all of this and will have NO problem apologizing to all if I am.

All that said, I'd much rather not see Jake having to play Bark at the Moon on some little tour at age 57 with some lowbrow band. To me, that's the most fake sounding thing on that page is him wanting to play those songs from his old catalog. Jake likes to do the less obvious and purposely go against the grain, so it would be kind of weird to do it now I think. If he just did some little club tour and played only his new stuff, I would totally respect that.

Holy shit, I just realized something: in about 15 months, it will be TWENTY YEARS since Jake has toured. Wow.

Okay, I'm done (for now).

Secret Loser

Postby angelrabbit » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:38 am

You guys really like to talk about difficult things..Please don't blow the chance to see him in Japan, or other
countries :cry: People in foreign countries can't see him unless he starts a big tour...though you still have a
chance to see him in small clubs in the U.S.. I've been waiting for so long..

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:10 am

Very easily could be a practical joke or whatever, but there seems to be some legit contact info for submitting the videos and what not. Hideout Studio in Las Vegas, owned and operated by Kevin Churko. I think it could be legit. Alot of talent is seeked out through Youtube these days.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:12 pm

macheted01 wrote:Very easily could be a practical joke or whatever, but there seems to be some legit contact info for submitting the videos and what not. Hideout Studio in Las Vegas, owned and operated by Kevin Churko. I think it could be legit. Alot of talent is seeked out through Youtube these days.

I saw that too and was going to say the same thing tonight at least about the recording studio and the owner....perfect place for Jake to record "Hideout" 8) thats kinda funny
But the part about when a audition is sent in, they won't even contact the poor chap or chapette if they didn't make the cut...they could atleast have the maners to shoot them a email. Saying sorry. I know they will be getting tons of responces but that is mean making a person just sit and wonder..

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:08 pm

angelrabbit wrote:You guys really like to talk about difficult things..Please don't blow the chance to see him in Japan, or other
countries :cry: People in foreign countries can't see him unless he starts a big tour...though you still have a
chance to see him in small clubs in the U.S.. I've been waiting for so long..

Angelrabbit, We want to see Jake make a new album and tour just as much as you do! And we couldn't or wouldn't try to blow a chance for him to do so.
We have been disappointed alot...in this area, and I think I can speak for some of us, we are just very leary of these kind of things. :?
This does look kind of promising though...looks like some of the guitar/rock mags should pick up on this.
Anybody checked Burrn Mag? They may have some news before the American mags do? :!:

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:16 pm

feel from my guts there seems to be a guy wanting to start a coverband kinda brutal advertisement though its not illegal but Jake could have a word to that guy
youtube is callous realty vs faceb which is enigmatic and flowsome

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:18 pm

macheted01 wrote:.... Alot of talent is seeked out through Youtube these days.
... you mean Justin bie :!:

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:33 pm

seasons wrote:"Unless, he has burned too many bridges" BINGO!!
Paul Dianno?! Anyone could get him to sing on your album for a sandwich and a pint. Okay, maybe two sandwiches...
021io

stick your sandwiches to yourself i guess you too are a dio fan and will comparing every vocalist with him ...right

:idea:
i rather want a record !. So whats the big deal with touring on sweaty worn-out clubs .Anyway Jake could go on tour -well. let us want him to be on G3 !!!awesome pawsome :D :D :D

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...