Jake E. Lee Announces Return Puts Out Open Call for Vocalist

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Jake E. Lee Announces Return Puts Out Open Call for Vocalist

Postby fleshtwister » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:05 am

Guitar World

Sounds exciting! Why has this not been posted here? Or did I just miss it? 8O

Re: Jake E. Lee Announces Return Puts Out Open Call for Vocalist

Postby crash » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:11 am

This is awesome news

Secret Loser

Re: Jake E. Lee Announces Return Puts Out Open Call for Voca

Postby seasons » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:26 am

Um, ya missed it. Not once, but twice.

Killer of Giants

Postby dixiefix » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:04 am

fleshtwister wrote:Guitar World

Sounds exciting! Why has this not been posted here? Or did I just miss it? 8O

no you didnt miss anything , somebody mentioned it in one of the topics and i replied....

So thank U for the link!! :) :)
------------------+-------------------
sorry peeps !!!! -i am a truth digger
Please dont mind,eh ? .....
------------------+-------------------

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby mskarenrocks » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:19 pm

OMG I am so happy:) I can not wait to hear his new music.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:47 pm

That's fantastic news!!!!!!! JAKE E. LEE has always been there making music so awesome he stayed with us so loooong and that finally his getting the Media/Music news coverage he so digently earned and worked for. Can't wait for his newest Solo album/Cd and will be on the lookout for his World Tour in Spring of 2013: bring it on passionate Trailblazer. I think Chris Logun on his "Retraced" 2005 album would be an awesome choice for a lead Frontman to work with Rebel legend Jake E. Lee. Have a wide selection of Vocal/Music Artists. :twisted: Peace!!!

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:00 am

Yeah, same thing that we have been discussing here for a bit. Just seems a little more written in stone now. Thanks. Always, good to hear a little more reinforcement.

Postby jakebrake » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:05 pm

So. Freaking. Stoked.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:14 pm

This news is burning up the internet....So, Thank you Jake....Rock on!!! :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:07 am

I'll believe it when I see it.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:46 pm

Doobie wrote:I'll believe it when I see it.

This! It's kinda strange that he decides on a world tour
right away after being largely inactive the past 2 something decades...
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Stewie » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:19 pm

MetalHead wrote:
Doobie wrote:I'll believe it when I see it.

This! It's kinda strange that he decides on a world tour
right away after being largely inactive the past 2 something decades...

It seems a bit early to announce a world tour if they are still looking for a singer to do some studio work. Maybe some news is a bit over-enthousiastic but carries truth in it... Maybe its all fake. Like Doobie said; I'll believe it when I see it.

But still... GO JAKE!!

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:37 pm

I don't understand why anyone would think this is more 'confirmed' or more 'in stone' or anything of the kind just because other sites have posted the same story. Do you not understand how the internet works?

That facebook page posted the supposed 'news' and then the other sites picked up on it and reprinted the exact same info! Is everyone following here? Jake didn't call each of them to confirm, there was no big promotional 'blitz', it was just other sites picking up on it and re-posting it that's all. It is no more for sure than it was when I first posted it. Although now the poor bastard who put up that email for singer submissions has to sift through a ton of (likely) horrible singers butchering High Wire! Trust me, if there were lots of guys who could do justice to High Wire, we'd know about them by now!

(Can't wait for the angry posts saying 'How do you know that Jake didn't confirm?!?' Because I'm not a moron, that's why.)

I'm sorry for being a dick about this whole thing, and I don't know why it's getting to me so much, but the reaction to this story on this forum really shows that VERY few on here really know much at all about Jake and I guess it just gets annoying. You would figure that this forum would only be the biggest hard cores on here but only a few of the hard cores are left and now there are mostly casual, curious fans who post on here like Jake has been masterminding some kind of active career this past 17 years. You like to think that everyone is on fairly the same level here. Nothing wrong with some people being new to discovering Jake, but the ones that are supposed long time followers that seem so clueless are especially troubling to me.

Glad to at least see some realistic skepticism in the last few posts above this one, but man...how blind and silly are some of the other people on here?!

The saddest part? The truth is, all of us here care WAAAAY more about these things than Jake does. We continue to celebrate a mythical figure that doesn't even really exist anymore (at least not in the same way that we see him anyways) and I wish I didn't know some of the things that I know about him now. But I will try my best to hold on to the the '83-91' rock god persona that he created and that we all love so much. Maybe it's unfair to ask or expect anyone to be who they were 20 or 30 years ago, but damn was he one of the very fucking greatest...

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:44 am

When it comes to Jake, I am with ya on the believe it when I see it thing. But, I think there is enough info. out there, that supports a new release in the works. Pretty evident. Now on the FB thing looking for a singer. Yeah, that is just recyled info. on the other sites, but, I cant see Guitar World putting anything up without the proper research. I would tend to take GW a little more serious. As for a World Tour though, yeah, definately believe it when I see it.

Postby plexi45 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:15 am

I too would be a bit sceptical. You would imagine a club tour of the States would be the first step after being inactive for years, not a World Tour. Also, wasnt it stated on the Beggars & Thieves video he had no desire to be playing Ozzy songs anymore.
As regards Guitar World researching the news, I dont think they added anything new to what was stated on Facebook already. But I hope I am wrong! Would love to see him throwing shapes on stage again with a good band behind him!

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...