IN A DREAM

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

IN A DREAM

Postby rockinrye » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:46 pm

What did you guys think when that guy sang it last year on American Idol :?: I almost jumped outta my chair :!: I couldn't believe someone actually sang that song :!:

Killer of Giants

Re: IN A DREAM

Postby mrmetal » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:09 pm

I can't believe I didn't jump on the Ebay bandwagon and turn my VooDoo Highway cd around for a big fat profit. Those things were going for $40 after Bo Bice sang that song!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:29 pm

I was FLOORED...and impressed that he even knew about Badlands. He was the only rocker out of that bunch anyway.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:19 pm

I think I did jump out of my chair!

Actually, that was the only night that I missed the show! A buddy of mine the next day asked me what I thought of it, and I thought he was pulling my leg at first. The next night Bo sang it again, so I did see that! It amazed me that out of all the bands and all of the songs in the world to choose, he had chosen that one! It still floors me actually!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:43 pm

mrmetal wrote:I can't believe I didn't jump on the Ebay bandwagon and turn my VooDoo Highway cd around for a big fat profit. Those things were going for $40 after Bo Bice sang that song!

GET OUT REALLY :?: :?: :?:

Btw my wife bought me his cd for xmas , thought i might like it :?: :?: :?: I listened to it .............makes an awesome coaster :!:

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:53 am

The Guy can sing ..but he isn't Ray....Great to hear the Tune but "I" don't think he did a good Job!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:25 am

rockinrye wrote:
mrmetal wrote:I can't believe I didn't jump on the Ebay bandwagon and turn my VooDoo Highway cd around for a big fat profit. Those things were going for $40 after Bo Bice sang that song!

Btw my wife bought me his cd for xmas , thought i might like it :?: :?: :?: I listened to it .............makes an awesome coaster :!:

I'm thinking that you're referring to Bo Bice's CD not Badlands, right? If you're using a Badlands CD for a coaster then you need to see some professional help :!: 8O

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:26 am

Charvelised wrote:The Guy can sing ..but he isn't Ray....Great to hear the Tune but "I" don't think he did a good Job!

I agree Charvelised. I'm glad Ray/Badlands got some recognition in front of such a massive audience, but Bo is not and never will be a Ray Gillen!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:28 am

Since American Idol was brought up, if you haven't already, check out Chris Daughtery, this year's rocker. The dude out sings Bo so much it isn't funny! He sang a great cover version of Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive last night! IMO, he has a great, raw, rocker's voice.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:17 am

Really! I have two copies of VDH and I was debating it, now I wished I would have done it. Oh well.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:22 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Since American Idol was brought up, if you haven't already, check out Chris Daughtery, this year's rocker. The dude out sings Bo so much it isn't funny! He sang a great cover version of Bon Jovi's Wanted Dead or Alive last night! IMO, he has a great, raw, rocker's voice.

I liked him, and I liked the other guy, Ace. Chris sang a good version of Wanted.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:09 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
rockinrye wrote:

I'm thinking that you're referring to Bo Bice's CD not Badlands, right? If you're using a Badlands CD for a coaster then you need to see some professional help :!: 8O

Omg i just proof read that now :!: :!: lemme clarify that right now BO BICE'S CD MAKES A GREAT COASTER

I screwed up not the first not the last :!:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Thajan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:14 pm

I never watch Idols and we dont even get America Idol in holland so I haven't heard it. Is it good?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:12 pm

Thajan wrote:I never watch Idols and we dont even get America Idol in holland so I haven't heard it. Is it good?

Well, first off, consider yourself lucky! :lol: Secondly, for the most part AI isn't a good show, but they do have some decent vocal talent on there from time to time.

I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed the Rock Star INXS show last fall though! There were some really good performers that tried out for that band!

Postby OldFan » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:36 am

Many people think Bo Bice was influenced considerably by Badlands and Ray Gillen, not just because of his singing In A Dream on AI.

There is a discussion about it on this blog:
http://www.thebounderground.com/blog/in ... 30&catid=8

I happen to like Bo Bice, but I also agree that the CD RCA forced him to put out makes a great coaster. Very sad, actually, and many of us hope that a future CD might include a rocking Badlands cover, such as High Wire or Whiskey Dust.

But no argument about the current CD!

Next

Return to Free for all...