Jakeelee.com

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Jakeelee.com..

Does not need an update
28%
Does need a small update
28%
Needs a big update
44%

Total votes : 25
Rock N' Roll Rebel

Jakeelee.com

Postby Stewie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:29 am

Hi guys, if the site would get an update.. What would you like to see? I'm thinking that the forum could use a nice refresh to 2012(2013) standards (no bugs, new layout) along with the main page updated to the same theme.

The forum now is not visible for guests, they can't view anything on here. This has pro's and cons... But I feel there might be a bit more discussions going on here if guest could view it, but need an account to post. Does anybody feel the same way?

2012-2013 seems to be a great year for the fans and the site will get some more attention :)

All Access Member

Re: Jakeelee.com

Postby Shadow » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:49 pm

I did not put in a vote for all the years that JAKE E. LEE's Website has been in operation "vintage & new" (since being a member 1999/I think) the two Webmaster(s) Chris O'Neill (left sometime ago/miss him a lot!!) and Jeff Levesque (his awesome/what a passionate Heart he has!!) are very dedicated & informative hardworking Creative/Professional Webmasters and give 110% plus to keeping JAKE E. LEE's 'Site's going strong. JEFF has done a great job and continue to do so/when he decides to do an complete update on JAKE E. LEE.COM...'he will!!! Much respects. Looking forward to that! 8)

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Obviously of course I like to see up-date news on the Rebel legend musician JAKE E. LEE all the time (the way it's design now is awesome). That's important and when new design/update Website design comes: it's gonna be pretty amazing, look forward to what Webmaster Jefne1/JEFF has in store for us JAKE fans. Peace!!

Shadow wrote:I did not put in a vote for all the years that JAKE E. LEE's Website has been in operation "vintage & new" (since being a member 1999/I think) the two Webmaster(s) Chris O'Neill (left sometime ago/miss him a lot!!) and Jeff Levesque (his awesome/what a passionate Heart he has!!) are very dedicated & informative hardworking Creative/Professional Webmasters and give 110% plus to keeping JAKE E. LEE's 'Site's going strong. JEFF has done a great job and continue to do so/when he decides to do an complete update on JAKE E. LEE.COM...'he will!!! Much respects. Looking forward to that! 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Shadow wrote:I did not put in a vote for all the years that JAKE E. LEE's Website has been in operation "vintage & new" (since being a member 1999/I think) the two Webmaster(s) Chris O'Neill (left sometime ago/miss him a lot!!) and Jeff Levesque (his awesome/what a passionate Heart he has!!) are very dedicated & informative hardworking Creative/Professional Webmasters and give 110% plus to keeping JAKE E. LEE's 'Site's going strong. JEFF has done a great job and continue to do so/when he decides to do an complete update on JAKE E. LEE.COM...'he will!!! Much respects. Looking forward to that! 8)

oh come on. that last update was in 2008.
that's 4 years and you call that hard work? :lol:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:09 pm

I think that if things go as planned for Jake. He would want an official site. Which would be great. Although, if I was him, I would want this URL.
Might not be a bad idea to at least open the gates for awhile to the forum. I would be curious to see what action would develop. Also, might get a little more action on some of the past dvd's and such.

Postby jefnel1 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:23 pm

Ok due to popular demand I've opened the forum to new users. However, there will be no update to the site. I've already put out an open call for someone to take over the site before April 2013 or else it will shut down and the domain will be up for grabs. If some of you feel you can do a better job than I have, then stop commenting and step up to take it over!

The reality is that Jake couldn't give a crap about having a web site for his fans. As you've all seen by now, he's alive and well in Vegas doing whatever he wants without answering to anyone. Every time he is spotted jamming with a band at a club or at the studio, someone tries to capitalize off him by saying he's starting a new band or recording a new album for a tour, etc. The same thing happened when he did Retraced. I seriously doubt Jake will ever tour again so if you want to see him play live or finally get to talk with him, I'd suggest you move to Vegas. He doesn't answer email or return phone calls though, so get a job at a popular club and maybe you'll run into him at the bar.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:38 pm

Hey Jefnel,
I know you put it out there, for someone to take over the site. I love it here on Jakeelee.com and am gonna hate to see it fall if it does. You have tons of great info here for a guy that has remained a mystery. I truly believe that Jake is gonna make something happen this time around.
Its kind of hard to update a site when, maybe, you basically have everything out there that there is to offer. There is no updating until this 2013 release hits and hopefully more along with it. So, I apologize for the others if they ae slamming your work here.
I sent you an email enquiring about the site some time ago, but never heard back. I am curious to know what it takes to keep this up and running. Thanks.

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:54 pm

See you guys? NOW do you believe me? You heard it from the moderator/owner of this site himself! It's all the same shit I've been saying but everyone argued me down and thought I was just talking shit. He speaks the truth! As did I.

And for any other band or artist, I can see bitching about updates for the site after there not being any for 4 years. BUT, in the case of Jake, it's proven to be a totally thankless job and there ARE no updates to be posted. Like he said, everyone jumps to conclusions and gets delusions of grandeur every time the slightest thing is posted on line somewhere and then taken as 'breaking news'.

Bottom line is, Jake is kinda sort doing some recording. He's done a few things lately. GREAT. But if you really think this will be some major 'world tour/comeback' you are just not paying attention.

Keep it real. GET real, or get out of the way!

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:11 pm

Oh and PS I do NOT vote for an open forum. I don't like the idea of everyone in the world getting to look in on what we do here. It's our own little 'club' and if anyone dropping by cares enough to see, then they can sign up.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:45 am

Well, our own little club could be gone in April. Maybe, it wont be. I spend more time here on Jakeelee.com than all the other sites that I am part of. It is only in hopes that Jake does do something different this time around. I am well aware of how things been going with his career and honestly if he only releases a new effort for 2013, I would be cool with that. Since, I have never seen him live though, I would like a shot at that, without having to move to Vegas. The guy has to be hungry for something more at this point.
As far as an open forum, for the time being. Why not, it cant hurt at this point. I am sure Jake is getting more action online right now, more than ever. When the site first started up, not everybody had a computer. Now, people can check this shit out on there phones. It could draw more in to the rest of the site. Which, it probably is not a money thing, as far as keeping the site, but sure would help though if there were more flowing in, I'm sure. Maybe, I am wrong.

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:33 pm

I have posted on this site with different names for the best part of 7 years. This site works well and looks good. Jeff has put a ton of work into getting this site up and remaining popular for many years and to be honest everybody should be thanking him and nothing else. As Jeff said and I agree that Jake probably doesn't really care one way or another about this site. I have wanted Jake to at the very least give Jeff just one interview [especially when 'Retraced' was coming out] but he never did nor will he ever. I guess its just the kind of guy he is and we have to live for that.

If the site goes down by April 2013 then I would say its been fabulous fun to check in with Jake fans from around the world and talk about the things that brought us together. But Jeff deserves nothing but a massive thanks for his work over the years, not only building the site but maintaining it for us to come here. Cheers mate, and many many thanks.

Postby illi40 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:03 pm

i am chocked but not surprised

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby mskarenrocks » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:44 pm

I love this site and everything that has been done to help keep us informed and to also give us a place to talk about him. I do not think non members should see all of the posts though. If they want to they can take a sec and become a member in my opinion. From what I can tell Jake is someone who is not much into communicating with fans and such because if was into it he would be doing it. If I were him I would pay attention to the people who have followed him and cares and have always cared about his music. I hope he at least will acknowledge this site if/ and/or/when he does make a page or site. We know he knows about this site so if he really gives a hoot he will.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Jake does know about this site!! And why he wont contact Jeff when he is planing a venture out of the shadows I dont know ...Jeff should have been the first person he should have contacted about Sass Jordan, his bit apperance on That Metal Show....and more...Sorry to be negitive but Jeff has put alot of time and poss some of his own money into this site..he should be shown some respect by Jake! Jeff has worked so hard on this site...several of us have ordered cd and dvd's Jeff is the the one that packages the cds and dvds and sends them out...

So, Jake give Jeff the Respect!!! Damn Dude!!

OH and THANK YOU, JEFF YOU DO A GREAT JOB!!! 8)

Secret Loser

Postby Sunrise » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:29 am

Kathy....I bought loads of CDs and DVDs from Jeff who made them up for me and sent them over. He took time and trouble to source the material and put together some of the best and rarest footage and sounds the fans could want. The DVDs in particular gives you the chance to go and visit shows you never had a chance to see and its really like going back in time to celebrate Badlands when they were together. As a historical legacy its unbeatable. Jeff also put up his own money to keep the site together when nobody else did. As far as Jake not giving Jeff at least one phone interview I am angry at Jake for not doing that. I dont give a toss if Jake is secretive or quiet, just give Jeff some respect and show appreciation. After April this site will be down as nobody else is going to do it. Does this bother Jake...I seriously doubt it.

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...