Phil Soussan on Jake.

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Phil Soussan on Jake.

Postby CharvelSuperStrat » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:21 am

"Hello this is Robbin Crosby from RATT, and when you're in your car remember to buckle up for safety, ITS THE LAW!"

All Access Member

Re: Phil Soussan on Jake.

Postby Shadow » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:58 pm

It's nearly 20 min long his Interview (and his always been sorta not keeping JAKE in a positive light so to speak)...'howbeit I like the legendary former/OZZY Bassist Phil Soussan his not an authority on legendary former/OZZY premiere Rebel Guitarist Jake E. Lee. What needs to be done is an 20 min Interview w/the da Oge himself. :twisted: He can tell his own story!!!! Much respects.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:21 pm

Cool find. Checked it out. Pretty much described him as what I think he has been described all along. Almost the same as Richie Kotzen described by the boys of Poison. I think that has more to do with being in a situation you really dont want to be in. Do you blame either one for tagging along though. The only difference is though, Richie has been busier.
Interesting to hear that Mitch Perry was considered at one point, to fill Jake spot, until Mitch confessed to alcohol problems. I liked that guy to. For those that dont know, he played in a band called Heaven, which most have probably never heard of, and then MSG. He has some other pretty significant spots in some other pretty cool projects, but these are just the ones that I first discovered him in. I wonder how Ozzy would have turned out with him on board instead of Zak?

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:07 am

Shadow wrote:It's nearly 20 min long his Interview (and his always been sorta not keeping JAKE in a positive light so to speak)...'howbeit I like the legendary former/OZZY Bassist Phil Soussan his not an authority on legendary former/OZZY premiere Rebel Guitarist Jake E. Lee. What needs to be done is an 20 min Interview w/the da Oge himself. :twisted: He can tell his own story!!!! Much respects.

You just don't like it because it's none too flattering. Shadow, Jake isn't perfect ... just like the rest of us!! You just want to hear one side of things and live with your rose-colored glasses on ALL of the time, it seems.

Secret Loser

Postby angelrabbit » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:27 am

Fortunately, I couldn't hear Phil because of noise..
Maybe he said something about Jake's being late or another,
but Phil should learn his limitations.

I have strong belief that guitarist is always superior
to basist, at least in metal world!
Phil should know more about morals, it's Jake whom I want
to sleep with, not Phil. You are the garbage on this planet.

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:55 am

It was tuff to listen to it, because of audio quality and all, but I was able to make it out. It sounded like he was being truthful, yet trying not to offend as well. Sometimes, things were stumbling out, like, he really did not want to say. Really not a big deal. Jake was obviously more comfortable around his Badlands crew. He seem to enjoy the company more, I guess you would say. It sucks when you are in a band that you really dont want to be in, but as I said, who would pass something like that up. You just push ahead, as he did, for a bit that is.
Also wanted to point out, that the song Shot In The Dark is all Phil. It seems the last I knew that they were battling it out over the song rights between Ozzy and himself, or something like that. He was a major player in the song writing department at that time. Actually, if you look back, there are quite a few bass players that were the machine behind the song creativity process in some bands. Look at Steve Harris of Iron Maiden. With that said, I play bass in a band, but prefer to play guitar. Its just the other guys around are stronger guitar players and nobody wants the duty of playing bass.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:40 pm

Interesting interview...no suprise Jake is late (nothing we havent heard before)...Was kinda suprised he didnt "enjoy" his rock star status -with all its perks :wink: Im sure he enjoyed playing on stage..I always thought he would have gotten out more and enjoyed himself...but may be did "under the radar"..anyway to each is own..He did have a small child at home to think about. May be some day he will do a interview but I dont think it matters to him. Makes him more mysterious. I think he likes that or could careless. Who knows?
As far as a bass player....I admire them and drummers too...with out that beat ...to me a good bass player and drummer can make a band 8) I guess it all about the "layers" with in a band's structure

And please Im not trying to take away Jakes exceptional guitar playing...there is more to a band than the lead singer and guitar player..
So, please take no offence

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:10 pm

I don't think there was anything in that interview that was putting jake down...and also its how phil saw things so there is another side to it. As someone who is pretty shy myself I can sit in a room with dozens of people and not say a word, and that includes my family...I can "get it" that jake was "kinda weird" to others

Secret Loser

Postby angelrabbit » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:39 am

If I remember correctly, there was a day I fell in love with
the guitarist, not basist.

Why don't we fire basist like Phil to save electricity

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:31 am

angelrabbit wrote:If I remember correctly, there was a day I fell in love with

Rabbit, the last I knew, this isn't the horny housewive's forum. You missed a turn. Take three steps back and take a left <-----.

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:26 pm

angelrabbit wrote:If I remember correctly, there was a day I fell in love with

Hey Angelrabbit, you might want to check out Mike Inez he's a cutie and good bass player as well He's the bassit for Alice in Chains, has played for Ozzy, Heart....not trying to take away your love for Jake...just a thought :wink: :) long dark hair too 8) worth a look!!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:51 pm

The only thing that pisses me off about jake is that he doesnt write and record more music but hey thats his perogative i guess lol .

Postby twigz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:02 pm

These days, ozzy blames phil and randy castillo for jakes firing. He says they were always pulling his arm about firing him when jake wasnt around.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:35 pm

lets not forget that jake did an entire demo for TUS (drums keys the works) and ozzy and the rest rejected a lot of it so I can understand him being less than driven when the time came to regroup to start write for the next record

All Access Member

Postby Kathy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:49 pm

sytharnia wrote:lets not forget that jake did an entire demo for TUS (drums keys the works) and ozzy and the rest rejected a lot of it so I can understand him being less than driven when the time came to regroup to start write for the next record

I did not know that!! Thank you, Sytharnia :)

Next

Return to All things Jake E Lee...