Gary Moore

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:00 pm

Gary Moore

Postby Thajan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:43 am

Who else loves this man's rock days, especially his collabarations with Phil Lynott are great. I'm listening to "Military Man" now. Great song!

I always thought it was a shame that he went in the blues direction. His rock style of playing was far more agressive almost seemed uncontrolled but still very controlled. If you know what I mean with that :P

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: Gary Moore

Postby stratattack » Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:29 am

Lets Not forget all his stuff with john Sykes too those two are really underrated guitar players and both are very orginal ones too.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OBeach town, Florida

Re: Gary Moore

Postby frethead » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:05 pm

Got (cha), Thajan! If you were to put Gary Moore in a brass ring with any of the "gangstas," "bad boyz," or whatever currently keeping the popular public's attention in music/ video/ entertainment/ bullshhh ( or whatever), it would be all over.

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Gary Moore

Postby Thajan » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:45 pm

frethead wrote:Got (cha), Thajan! If you were to put Gary Moore in a brass ring with any of the "gangstas," "bad boyz," or whatever currently keeping the popular public's attention in music/ video/ entertainment/ bullshhh ( or whatever), it would be all over.

what in the hell are you talking about? :?

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Gary Moore

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:15 pm

Thajan wrote:Who else loves this man's rock days, especially his collabarations with Phil Lynott are great. I'm listening to "Military Man" now. Great song!

I always thought it was a shame that he went in the blues direction. His rock style of playing was far more agressive almost seemed uncontrolled but still very controlled. If you know what I mean with that :P


You know, Gary is someone I've not listened to much. Basically, I've not paid any attention to him until recently. I do agree with you though, from what I've heard, he smokes! He's someone else that I've been meaning to deb into a little, but I haven't...yet.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Gary Moore

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:15 pm

Thajan wrote:
frethead wrote:Got (cha), Thajan! If you were to put Gary Moore in a brass ring with any of the "gangstas," "bad boyz," or whatever currently keeping the popular public's attention in music/ video/ entertainment/ bullshhh ( or whatever), it would be all over.

what in the hell are you talking about? :?


I'm lost too! :?:

Moderator
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: Gary Moore

Postby Fretman » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:12 pm

Great guitar player. I like his heavier stuff a little more than his blues stuff as well, but it's all damn good.

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Gary Moore

Postby Thajan » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:24 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Thajan wrote:
frethead wrote:Got (cha), Thajan! If you were to put Gary Moore in a brass ring with any of the "gangstas," "bad boyz," or whatever currently keeping the popular public's attention in music/ video/ entertainment/ bullshhh ( or whatever), it would be all over.

what in the hell are you talking about? :?


I'm lost too! :?:

glad I'm not the only one :o


PoetsandMadmen wrote:
You know, Gary is someone I've not listened to much. Basically, I've not paid any attention to him until recently. I do agree with you though, from what I've heard, he smokes! He's someone else that I've been meaning to deb into a little, but I haven't...yet.

Yeah he is great you should really hear these albums:

Thin Lizzy - Black Rose, this should have been a big hit but it didn't.....

Gary Moore - Back On The streets, the deal was: Gary Moore would make a album with Thin Lizzy and Phil Lynott would make a album with Gary Moore. This is the result. Their personal relationship may have been a bit "bumpy" to say at least but they made some great music together. This disc is just plain exelent

Gary Moore - Run for Cover, Phil Lynott sings 2 songs together with Mr Moore and the rest of the album is pretty good to. More pop-rock than heavy rock though.

Gary Moore - We Want Moore, excelent live disc shows Gary moore at his best

Haven't heard much more really, I'm now listening to Victims of the future which is good to but not enough to form a opinion about it

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OBeach town, Florida

Re: Gary Moore

Postby frethead » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:54 am

What the hell is so hard to understand?! I made one clear statement!!! Ok, ok. Upon further review, I've noticed that I could and shall make an effort to explain the object of my reference. Specialized groups of systems focus on specific tactics in martial art training. My reference to being "put into a brass ring" comes from my experience with one such Shaolin based system when, in the latter stage of training and subsequent practice, two practitioners arms are encompassed by a brass ring while they work to strengthen or defeat one another.
One preoccupation of mine is to endeavor my self to the physical arts, and as such, my mind regularly handles the relative terminology. I didn't mean to alienate you two, or anyone else. Considering the attitude that the rappers, yo wassups, and hip-hopsters so popular in mainstream entertainment maintain, I was making a funny. I hope that makes my point clear to the both of you.
Last edited by frethead on Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1972
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Gray, TN

Re: Gary Moore

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:59 pm

frethead wrote:What the hell is so hard to understand?! I made one,clear statement!!! Ok, ok. Upon further review, I've noticed that I could and shall make an effort to explain the object of my reference. Specialized groups of systems focus on specific tactics in martial art training. My reference to being "put into a brass ring" comes from my experience with one such Shaolin based system when, in the latter stage of training and subsequent practice, two practicitoners arms are encompassed by a brass ring while they work to strengthen or defeat one another.
One preoccupation of mine is to endeavor my self to the physical arts, and as such, my mind regularly handles the related terminology. I didn't mean to alienate you two, or anyone else. Considering the attitude that the rappers and hip-hopsters so popular in mainstream entertainment maintain, I was making a funny. I hope that makes my point clear to the both of you.


8O Sorry I asked.....

Moderator
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: League City, TX

Re: Gary Moore

Postby Fretman » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:38 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
frethead wrote:What the hell is so hard to understand?! I made one,clear statement!!! Ok, ok. Upon further review, I've noticed that I could and shall make an effort to explain the object of my reference. Specialized groups of systems focus on specific tactics in martial art training. My reference to being "put into a brass ring" comes from my experience with one such Shaolin based system when, in the latter stage of training and subsequent practice, two practicitoners arms are encompassed by a brass ring while they work to strengthen or defeat one another.
One preoccupation of mine is to endeavor my self to the physical arts, and as such, my mind regularly handles the related terminology. I didn't mean to alienate you two, or anyone else. Considering the attitude that the rappers and hip-hopsters so popular in mainstream entertainment maintain, I was making a funny. I hope that makes my point clear to the both of you.


8O Sorry I asked.....


I'm sorry you asked too. :lol:

My interpretation of it was that Gary Moore was far more powerful than "gangstas" and "badboys" music. Quite obvious, but very true.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OBeach town, Florida

Re: Gary Moore

Postby frethead » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:47 pm

Well, now that we've cleared that up, I have to say that if we're all of a legal drinking age, how about a round of beers on the house! Sort-of a message delivering a message, you know? Gary Moore ROCKS 'EM and SOCKS 'EM, man! ( there . . . I said it)

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: Gary Moore

Postby Rock » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:44 am

Hahahaha...

Rock N' Roll Rebel
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:00 pm

Re: Gary Moore

Postby Thajan » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:40 am

frethead wrote:What the hell is so hard to understand?! I made one clear statement!!! Ok, ok. Upon further review, I've noticed that I could and shall make an effort to explain the object of my reference. Specialized groups of systems focus on specific tactics in martial art training. My reference to being "put into a brass ring" comes from my experience with one such Shaolin based system when, in the latter stage of training and subsequent practice, two practicitoners arms are encompassed by a brass ring while they work to strengthen or defeat one another.
One preoccupation of mine is to endeavor my self to the physical arts, and as such, my mind regularly handles the relative terminology. I didn't mean to alienate you two, or anyone else. Considering the attitude that the rappers and hip-hopsters so popular in mainstream entertainment maintain, I was making a funny. I hope that makes my point clear to the both of you.

sorry but I still don't know what you're talking about.......

Anyway this topic is about Gary Moore not about rappers...

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Gary Moore

Postby MetalHead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:18 am

Thajan wrote:Anyway this topic is about Gary Moore not about rappers...


What if Gary Moore went from Rock to blues to .. HipHop 8O
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Next

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests