covers

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

covers

Postby Kathy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:11 pm

I kown everyone is excited about the new new album coming out!! 8) And looking forward to hearing some orginal music!! Anyone have a favorate cover song they would like to hear Jake do?

Mine would be Montrose.."Bad Moter Scooter" Anyone else?

All Access Member

Re: covers

Postby Shadow » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:31 pm

"Spirit In the Sky", "Feeling Alright" and "Out In the Country" ...'JAKE E. LEE style. Big smile, like to hear him trailblaze those Classic's onto one of his new music Projects and eagerly await Mr. Lee's up & coming new Solo album w/his band Red Dragon Cartel this Summer 2013!!
All new JAKE music material. :mrgreen: Cool!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:56 am

No more covers!!!!!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:21 pm

There's nothing wrong with music-covers but I must admit I like and prefer new music material more!! 8) Peace.

Doobie wrote:No more covers!!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:43 am

Shadow wrote:There's nothing wrong with music-covers but I must admit I like and prefer new music material more!! 8) Peace.

Doobie wrote:No more covers!!!!!

That's your opinion, Shadow. Not everyone feels as you do. I'm personally sick of covers ... especially when it comes to Jake - that's ALL he's done for YEARS now. While it's not always bad to hear some other bands take on a particular song, I can't believe you want to see Jake do additional covers. Also, on a personal level (as I often sense you may be significantly tone deaf), the cover choices you made would be awful coming from Jake. That's my opinion.
Seriously, nobody writes music anymore - they just want to twist up someone else's work. A serious lack of creativity and energy.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:28 pm

Doobie wrote:That's your opinion, Shadow. Not everyone feels as you do. I'm personally sick of covers ... especially when it comes to Jake - that's ALL he's done for YEARS now. While it's not always bad to hear some other bands take on a particular song, I can't believe you want to see Jake do additional covers. Also, on a personal level (as I often sense you may be significantly tone deaf), the cover choices you made would be awful coming from Jake. That's my opinion.
Seriously, nobody writes music anymore - they just want to twist up someone else's work. A serious lack of creativity and energy.

i'm with doobie on this

I think jake has proven when he starts a band he comes up with something new...badlands was way ahead of its time really and wicked alliance were different to anything out there so I have very high hope that jake will continue this trend with red dragon......album is being mixed as we speak so not to much longer to wait

All Access Member

Postby macheted01 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:16 am

I liked Jake doing the covers he did on Retraced. Most, would not have even known 80% of the tunes he did on there. Therefore, not knowing it was a cover album. He selectively picked some great tunes to do, that were not the normal cookie cutter covers that most would. With that being said, I am totally looking forward to hearing what he has to offer up in 2013. It's long overdue. Ready for some new stuff, and I hope his tour will reach Michigan.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...