IN A DREAM

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: IN A DREAM

Postby sonicbrew73 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:28 pm

Yeah I was really suprised when he sang In A Dream. It's cool that he chose a Badlands song. But I'm sure not one person in that audience has ever even heard of Badlands or Jake E. Lee.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:55 pm

sonicbrew73 wrote:But I'm sure not one person in that audience has ever even heard of Badlands or Jake E. Lee.

That's were us fans step in :D

We should produce a limited run of Jake/Badlands clothing
and support Jake and the remaining Badlands all we can :twisted:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:17 pm

Yeh I seen it, we get American Idol over here, in between when we have Australian Idol. I couldnt believe it either when I seen him sing it, but he done a killer job on it. :)

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:15 pm

metalhead...put me down for a Jake E Lee Tshirt!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:53 pm

Real life TV= real rip-off of entertainment and a specially-packaged low point in American Society ( in HD) LOL!!!
Bring back Fantasy Island with BARBI BENTON!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:54 pm

whoops.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:59 pm

Charvelised wrote:metalhead...put me down for a Jake E Lee Tshirt!

I still have mine ..........2 sizes too small but i still have it :!:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby FireandRain » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:01 am

I was watching the show when it aired. I was singing along for a few lines before it even clicked as to what it was. My 10 year old son said my face lit up. I thought it was a great preformance & a great choice of song for Bo's voice.

I was 1 of those who has been attempting to win E-bay auctions for "Badlands" & "Voodoo Highway" for a while, but after the prices soared...I put it on the back burner! (I have since won both - yeeeehaaawww! Just waiting for VDH to get here...)

And I agree, there were better vocalists, I think on the INXS show. There's only so much "pop" vocals I can take, and Bo was the reason I started watching last year.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:40 pm

FireandRain wrote:And I agree, there were better vocalists, I think on the INXS show. There's only so much "pop" vocals I can take, and Bo was the reason I started watching last year.

I couldn't watch the INXS show. But I also started watching American Idol because of Bo.

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:11 pm

I thought the performance of Bo Bice singing the vintage BADLANDS "In A Dream" was down to earth & touching/the American Idol top runner done a great job of it. I'm sure that the legendary musician*s of the BADLANDS Ray Gillen (may he rest in peace), Jake E. Lee, Greg Chaisson, Eric Singer & Jeff Martin were pleased w/Bo's performance of their Classic song. Much respects! "And of cause lets honor & support the remaining members of BADLANDS Jake, Greg, Jeff (& Eric) all we can & obviously Ray for their great songs/albums Cd's recordings that they put alot of gritty Heart & Bluesy Rockin' Soul into! I want a High Wire BADLANDS T-Shirt, Cowboy hat & boots! 8) Peace."

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:29 am

When Bo performed the song again on the second night, just before the song as the applause was ending I think I remember Bo saying 'I love you Ray'

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:52 am

LouZ wrote:When Bo performed the song again on the second night, just before the song as the applause was ending I think I remember Bo saying 'I love you Ray'

I don't remember that myself, but I'm guessing Bo said, "that's it", like Ray does on the original. I'm not trying to argue with you, but maybe someone from the board recorded the performance. You do have me curious about it though!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:19 am

LouZ wrote:When Bo performed the song again on the second night, just before the song as the applause was ending I think I remember Bo saying 'I love you Ray'

He did it twice :?: I have it somewhere And after he sang it I got into watching , just too see if the " rocker " would win

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:40 am

Here is the clip from the first night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVJ6D_bF ... ice%20idol

Previous

Return to Free for all...