Well?

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Re: Well?

Postby aqharyder » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:22 pm

San Diego - Cannot wait to see them again!

Postby skezza » Thu May 08, 2014 2:17 am

I will be seeing them on their UK tour. I would like to watch twice, but I've currently got tickets for The Slade Rooms Wolverhamton (shit hole, but better than some places).

Cannot wait!! How have the band been about meet and greet after the gig?
WWW.ULTIMATERHOADS.COM - Randy Rhoads Website!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Thu May 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Skezza- I met the band members a week ago, last Sunday.

Ronnie, Darren and Jonas were definitely friendly. I would've loved to speak to each of them more, but we were forced to move along quickly.

Jake is Jake....he's a quiet guy that probably doesn't want all the attention, but he seemed appreciative that fans want to meet him.

Enjoy yourself. The band sounds great live. I am totally impressed at how Darren can sing night after night. I complimented him on this and he said his voice is bulletproof!

Jake's tone live is even better than what you have heard on youtube
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Postby skezza » Fri May 09, 2014 9:07 am

I cannot wait. The tickets are at home in an envelope safe and sound. No idea what you guys across the pond have been paying, but ours are a little expensive (£30 per ticket i think) but to be honest, I really don't care. I never got the chance to see Jake before, this is my chance to see him now :D

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Stewie » Tue May 13, 2014 12:41 pm

I might go next week... but its a two hour drive (4 hours in total) and I dont know if its worth it. I have a lot of other things to do so I dont even know if I have the free time. If I'd go, I'd like to get some items signed by Jake (BATM/US LP album) and maybe have a picture taken. Has anyone tried this? Is Jake open for this stuff?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby aqharyder » Tue May 13, 2014 2:43 pm

It really is worth it. I drove 10 hours one way (stayed overnight), and I didn't regret it one bit. San Diego was only the second show, and at that time, Jake hung out for about an hour and did sign stuff at that time. You should go- it is definitely worth it!

Postby skezza » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:07 am

I'm seeing Jake tonight, literally cannot wait. I'm going to ask the doorman if they're going to meet the fans after. The last meet and greet was ratt and that was at the backdoor entrance. I wonder where the band might be doing it. I desperately need a photo of me and Jake :) :D

Postby skezza » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:31 am

Well, I've waited all my life to see Jake, arrived at the venue to find it shut with a notice on the door.

Red Dragon Cartel gig cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

Devastated is not the word.

Postby skezza » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:21 pm

so the plot thickens. Jake actually turned up at the venue and wrote this on the window,:

Apparently, the tour promoter and Jake have fallen out and problems are now intensifying. That was according to one of the guys who work at the Slade Rooms anyway. Bad times.

I was unlucky to have gone by this point. As you can imagine, I'm devastated.

Postby skezza » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:25 pm

Even more confusion:

Regrettably the Jake E Lee Red Dragon Cartel show in Wolverhampton was cancelled tonight because of the actions of Jake E Lee and his entourage and due to a serious visa irregularity with his tour party. A solution was offered to Jake which would have allowed the show to go ahead, but he refused.
Jake E Lee’s American girlfriend is in the UK on a tourist visa but has been working in London and Nottingham shows, helping to sell merchandise and stating that she has taken over management of the band from the previous management company. Neither of these is permitted on a tourist visa.
The show could not go ahead under these circumstances as it is a criminal offence for a US citizen to work in the UK without the correct visa. Allowing the shows to go ahead with her working would have put the Metal Music Bookings and the promoters in contravention of UK law. When she was asked to leave the premises she and Jake E Lee refused.
Metal Music Bookings works hard to ensure that concerts go ahead as planned. However we cannot be held responsible for the actions and decisions of the artist or the artist’s entourage.

Killer of Giants

Postby sytharnia » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:23 pm

skezza wrote:Even more confusion:

Regrettably the Jake E Lee Red Dragon Cartel show in Wolverhampton was cancelled tonight because of the actions of Jake E Lee and his entourage and due to a serious visa irregularity with his tour party. A solution was offered to Jake which would have allowed the show to go ahead, but he refused.
Jake E Lee’s American girlfriend is in the UK on a tourist visa but has been working in London and Nottingham shows, helping to sell merchandise and stating that she has taken over management of the band from the previous management company. Neither of these is permitted on a tourist visa.
The show could not go ahead under these circumstances as it is a criminal offence for a US citizen to work in the UK without the correct visa. Allowing the shows to go ahead with her working would have put the Metal Music Bookings and the promoters in contravention of UK law. When she was asked to leave the premises she and Jake E Lee refused.
Metal Music Bookings works hard to ensure that concerts go ahead as planned. However we cannot be held responsible for the actions and decisions of the artist or the artist’s entourage.

Sounds like a little bit of overzealousness by the promoter .... If she had already worked 2 shows without a working visa surely the chances of anything coming of it aren't that great at this venue either??? does the promoter even know if she was being paid to sell merchandise?? .... All so a little unpro from jakes side as well

feel for ya skezza

Postby skezza » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:41 am

sytharnia wrote:
skezza wrote:Even more confusion:

Sounds like a little bit of overzealousness by the promoter .... If she had already worked 2 shows without a working visa surely the chances of anything coming of it aren't that great at this venue either??? does the promoter even know if she was being paid to sell merchandise?? .... All so a little unpro from jakes side as well

feel for ya skezza

Who knows what happened? All I know is I, and other fans were completely screwed over. There were people visibly devastated when I left. Obviously Jake turned up 10 - 15 minutes later perhaps? Dunno how long after I left but I'm gutted that I missed it. Shaking his hand and perhaps a photo would have been a dream come true for me, but unfortunately, it's unlikely that I'll ever see Jake live in concert now.

The employee at the Slade Rooms told us a totally different story to the one Metal Music Bookings said. According to the guy who worked at Slade Rooms, Denise Dale, the promoter, wasn't happy with something to do with the PA. I can't remember exactly what he said, but it was something like the support band were providing the PA or RDC were providing the PA and Denise Dale refused to allow the support to use it or something. It sounds more plausible that the support were providing the PA and Denise refused to allow RDC to use it. If RDC provided the PA, they'd have just told the support to sling their hooks. It seems a complete fuck up on the promoters part, and it seems Jake was keen to play. It only ruins his name, not hers.

I now have a big decision, do I buy tickets to see him at Tivoli in Buckley on Friday? Wolverhampton was a short drive for me (45 minutes), but Buckley is not. It's several hours away. Do I buy tickets to be turned away at the door again? Do I get my hopes up once again to have them shot down. The only other gig he is doing in the UK is Download festival which I simply won't be able to make realistically. :(

I'm still hurting this morning to be honest. Not sure words can describe how devastated I am. Missed the gig, missed meeting him. Just a fuck up.

Postby skezza » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:04 am

Gig in Buckley cancelled. Probably my last and only opportunity to ever see one of my heroes is snatched away from me.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Skezza- I'm so sorry to read about this. Just like many of Jake's fans, you've remained a true fan and waited a long time to see him play live again. That sucks that these shows were canceled. I feel terrible for you.

Maybe there is a glimmer of hope that one of these gigs gets re-booked. Just hoping for you
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...