Favorite Jake solo?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Favorite Jake solo?

Postby Jiver » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:10 pm

What is your Fave Jake solo, either with Oz, Badlands, or FPM/tribute releases?

Like Voodoo cd lots, then, 1st, tie Bark/Sin. Least: FPM. Dunno, it is good, but personally doesn't do much for me.

Saw the Squier Bullet beginners guitar at GC; single hum pickup. 1 volume, hardtail bridge, blue finish, strat style, very similiar to Jake's ESP/custom Charvel, as far as features go. But the Squier obviously is sub par in comparison. I like the Dean Vendetta XM meself. Getting back into Guitar after a 1 year sabbatical. Most of my axes in storage. Will sell some. Would like to get more Deans; am impressed with them. My XM is good, except for the pickups/tuners. Will replace those soon. Whoohoo!!!

List your faves....

All Access Member

Re: Favorite Jake solo?

Postby Charvelised » Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:08 pm

Rumblin' Train!

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:49 am

Rumblin' Train!!!!!!

Followed closely by "Bark at the Moon".

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:21 am

I'd have to split my vote, I think, for Rock n Roll Rebel and You're No Different. Very fitting, ripping and inspired plugs.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:44 am

His playing on Love Don't Mean A Thing always makes me groove and dance around. I was listening to it in the car the other day, bopping around and banging my head, and the guy in the truck next to me was looking over and laughing. Hey, I can't help myself sometimes!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:10 pm

Nice mix there, ppl. Yes, all can agree that Jake's playing inspires "something" in us! It's that passion in his playing, the bends, squeals, finger vibrato he uses. It's definetely influenced my playing early on, and I still emulate it to this day. Even when I was into my 90's phase of playing (copying the alt/grunge sound in my s/wrt'g), I'd imitate the lead style of jake. NOT a ripoff per se, but taking little bits here and there. This decade, 1st 5 yrs. it was Classic Rock Cover Bands for me. And in fact, one outfit I played for did "BATM". That was a frickin blast to cover. I think I was 15 when that came out, and got the tape one Christmas. Overplayed that tape, but learned, as best I could, every song on it. So, in this cover band, learned that one, and did my personal tribute in the solo part.

Can't say I have a fave solo myself, but some of the ones I note are:
"Never know why", "Last Time", "BATM", "R/R Rebel", "Center of Eternity", Love don't mean a thing", "Soul Stealer". More, but those come to mind.

Return to Free for all...