New ESP for Jake E Lee

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: New ESP for Jake E Lee

Postby MetalHead » Sat Feb 25, 2006 3:01 am

stratattack wrote:but if you want w real Charvel goto Waynes guitar and get a real VH for about 13 to 1400 instead of the 2400 that they want for that other one.

Uhm no ... The only thing Wayne Charvel had to do with Charvel Guitars
was the use of his last name. Wayne got a lawsuit in the 70's and in the
end of that decade he sold Charvel to Grover Jackson who really is
the man behind the Charvels in the 80's :P

JacksonCharvelWorld wrote:At the time of the sale and Wayne's departure no production guitars were being made or had been made and in fact not a single neck had been produced by the company.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:44 am

Wrong again Metalhead he made alot of guitars for Oz fox Evh as well as alot of other guitar players like .

Again you took it out of context even thogh chavels name isused with Jackson / fender now A real charvel guitar will always be a waynes guitars
those Jacjson fender ones are real toys compared to a wayne Charvel made guitar that I can assure you trust me I have been a luthier for a long time metal head and jackson doesnt have the nack anymore, alot of old charvel Jackson players went to wayne charvel and waynes guitars to build reissues of thier favorite guitars . we all know the grover Jackson story in the US OKay!

I know this I do this for a living and do it very well
allot of people who have played both guitars will tell you the wayne model is way beter period .

thats what I meant Wayne Charvel is a real Charvel a waynes guitar is better built well as a better all around guitar .
you can get a VH as well as an Oz fox and even still a Dimartini (for Now seeings that Dimartini is now with Jackson again).
and get a better built guitar for way lesss then that stupid 2400$ price they are trying to get from Fender/jackson/charvel.
I think wayne strats at 1200 and up and only has a couple of other master luthiers working for him.
you can also buy them from ed roman.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Bengal65 » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:12 am

I don't know about the Ed Roman thing. I wouldn't buy a guitar from him. It might be a clone he made in his own shop. I talked with Michael Charvel a couple of months ago about some parts and he told me they are only selling guitars direct to the customer. They got rid of the dealership connections.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:40 am

stratattack wrote:Wrong again Metalhead he made alot of guitars for Oz fox Evh as well as alot of other guitar players like .

You doing this for a living doesn't get away witt the fact that Grover Jackson
bought the company in the late 70's :!:

Hence, all Charvels from that time to the bigger part of the
80's was built by Grover Jackson and Mike Shannon :!:

Did you even bother to read the quote ?!

How about this one ?!

JacksonCharvelWorld wrote:At the time Grover came on the scene the Onsrud pin routers had never been turned on and in fact there were no router bits or tooling.

It's funny how Wayne Charvel doesn't mention Grover Jackson once
in Wayne Guitars history :roll:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:38 am

dudes id just like to see jake play his old rig!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:59 am

crisguitar wrote:dudes id just like to see jake play his old rig!

from which era ? :)

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:55 pm

I think the Main Reason why Wayne Does not mention Grover was for comercial reasons mayne told my dad in then70s when all that Grover Jackson and Wayne charvel Buy out stuff went down they had kinda falling out with each other to the point wher wayne took it personal the same way leo fender was when he sold musicman to keep G&L . because as we all know leo fender got over 13million for fender so he wasnt bitchin
wayne got way less then that for charvel and the name therof.
I do agree with metal head the about the jackson thing but the waynes guitar is still a real charvel and all those who play and have played will tell yah the same thing.
try one out metal head youll see what I mean thats all I meant even though jackson and charvel are the same they cant compare withthe quality of a waynes guitar I have owned all 3 and can say the waynes guitars are way better even the my strats and I love my strat.
As for how to get yah I get them from Mike (Charvel) he was smart to stop the Dealerships as Bengal said Ed roman has made some clones good ones but clones none the less the same with that J Frogg scandel.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:48 pm

I still say Wayne Charvels guitars, Wayne Guitars, are not the real deal Charvel as the Charvel guitars were made by Grover Jackson and to a certain degree, Mike Shannon. I'm not doubting that they are great guitars though ;)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Bengal65 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:22 pm

Well the facts are largely controversial, so that's why I build my own "Superstrats". That way if I don't like one, I'm to blame. If it comes out great, so be it! I never disliked any guitar I built and my first was in 1985. The only mistake I made in 1985 was to out a Kahler trem on that guitar. :evil: It has never stayed in tune. Ha Ha! :lol:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:42 am

Wayne CHARVEL had nothing to do with Oz Fox's original charvels, nothing, nada , zip. He had a hand in EVH, but like metalhead said, he was out by the late 70's.He went on to work for gibson and washburn during that great 80's decade.He was not a part of the charvel brand during these times.

Go to ;
www.usacharvels.com
or www.jacksoncharvelworld.com if you want to learn the history.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:48 am

I'd also like to see what Lynch guitar he built :)

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:44 pm

Well I just called ESP and dialed "marketing"

This is what they said. They ARE endorsing Jake E. Lee.

Question I asked: "Why isn't he on your list of endorsees on your ESP website but he's in your catalog"

Answer: "Yes we still endorse him and we are redoing our website"

Question I asked: "Do you guys plan on reissuing the old Jake E Lee model ESP or are you making a new "Jake E. Lee model?"

Answer: " No we are not making a "Jake E. Lee" guitar."

Damn.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:45 pm

I bet you could still order a Jake E. Lee model from the custom shop at ESP if you really wanted one

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:51 pm

www.drumcityguitarland.com has several custom shops in stock.They can be done, but only in bulk. Just ask for Jason Kae.

ESP says theyre endorsing him, but no model ?

Like i said, good news in on the horizon.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Alkeys » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:39 pm

hmmm...... went to drumcityguitarland and could not find any there.
looked under ESP, Charvel and Used sections

Good news on the horizon? I hope so

The 3 things on Jakes guitars that are unique:

1) the strat body with reverse slanted pickup config
2) the pick guard
3) the weird neck with 1-12 jumbo frets and, 13-22 medium

DOES ANYONE know where I can get these parts?????

Thanks everyone for responses.

PreviousNext

Return to All things Jake E Lee...