The cult are on the move!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

The cult are on the move!

Postby Stratmaster90 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:38 pm

Stolen from"Blabbermouth"
THE CULT — set to hit the road for the first time since 2002 on Wednesday, March 1 — have announced that their "Return To Wild" tour will be available to fans worldwide via an exclusive deal with "Instant Live," a division of Live Nation, that enables fans to immediately purchase a live recording of a concert as soon as the show ends. These recordings will mark the first live CDs to officially be made available in the iconic band's career (a live DVD, "Music Without Fear", was released in 2002).

THE CULT have also confirmed the line-up for the 2006 trek, which was jump-started with a Friday, February 24 performance of their hit "Wild Flower" on CBS' "Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson". The tour, which runs from March 1 in San Francisco to March 26 in New York City, will feature singer Ian Astbury and guitarist Billy Duffy plus bassist Chris Wyse (JERRY CANTRELL, OZZY OSBOURNE) — who performed on THE CULT's last studio disc, 2001's "Beyond Good and Evil" — and drummer John Tempesta (WHITE ZOMBIE, HELMET).

For the live releases via Instant Liveb>THE CULT and manager Tom Vitorino have announced that all shows are being recorded in SRS Circle Surround sound and sold as limited-edition releases at the concerts. These premium digipacks will include the hits, rarities, and acoustic versions of CULT songs. The Internet community can search Napster, the official online distributor, after each show, for immediately available downloads.

Vitorino says, "Instant Live removes the filter that has existed in the live recording arena between artist and audience. It negates the poor quality of bootlegging. This medium is not a 'tour souvenir,' but a high-end, expediently delivered package of the band in its purest form; and as art should be, totally uncensored."

"We are excited that Instant Live is able to play a marketing and promotional role in the rebirth of THE CULT and are looking forward to offering their fans a chance to own a copy of each night's show from this tour," said Stephen Prendergast, General Manager of Live Nation's Instant Live. "Instant Live will also be providing recordings of both new and classic CULT songs to radio and media."

THE CULT tour dates:

Mar. 01 - San Francisco, CA - The Fillmore
Mar. 03 - Las Vegas. NV - The Joint
Mar. 04 - San Diego, CA - House of Blues
Mar. 05 - Cabazon, CA - Key Club
Mar. 07 - Los Angeles, CA - Henry Fonda Theater
Mar. 08 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theater
Mar. 10 - Dallas, TX - Ridglea Theater
Mar. 11 - Houston, TX - Warehouse
Mar. 12 - Austin, TX - La Zona Rosa
Mar. 14 - Tulsa, OK - Cains Ballroom
Mar. 15 - Minneapolis, MN - First Avenue
Mar. 17 - Chicago, IL - Vic Theater
Mar. 18 - Cleveland, OH - House of Blues
Mar. 19 - Detroit, MI - Emerald Theatre
Mar. 21 - Buffalo, NY - Town Ballroom
Mar. 22 - Boston, MA - Avalon
Mar. 24 - Washington, DC - 9:30 Club
Mar. 25 - Atlantic City, NJ - House of Blues
Mar. 26 - New York, NY - Nokia Theatre

Killer of Giants

Re: The cult are on the move!

Postby Deansolo » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:42 pm

Awesome! :)

March 4th, House of Blues....San Diego!...My wife's birthday is tomorrow!.....We're there!!! :D
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Stratmaster90 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:06 am

Cool! Glad this post did some Good!!!
Stratmaster90.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:09 am

They're playing the 9:30 Club-that's a great place for a show. I may check them out 8)

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:31 am

Ofcourse, they're totally avoiding the Southeast. MF. O well, whatever.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:46 pm

frethead wrote:Ofcourse, they're totally avoiding the Southeast. MF. O well, whatever.

Exactly! I have to drive six to eight hours either to Atlanta, GA or Springfield, VA to see a decent show!

If it isn't country we don't see it live around here, with the exception of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I'll admit, TSO actually comes here surprisingly enough.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:48 pm

Dude, it's the exact opposite here. I never get to see any good country :D...all we USUALLY get is pop or rap or nu-metal/cookie monster bands! I usually have to drive the 2hrs. to L.A. to see a good show. Back in the 70's and 80's San Diego was one of major stops for all the Rock/Hard Rock/ Metal acts. Not any more. I jump on it when a good show comes to town.
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:37 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Exactly! I have to drive six to eight hours either to Atlanta, GA or Springfield, VA to see a decent show!

Are you talking about Jaxx?

Jaxx

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:27 pm

Deansolo wrote:Dude, it's the exact opposite here. I never get to see any good country :D...all we USUALLY get is pop or rap or nu-metal/cookie monster bands! I usually have to drive the 2hrs. to L.A. to see a good show. Back in the 70's and 80's San Diego was one of major stops for all the Rock/Hard Rock/ Metal acts. Not any more. I jump on it when a good show comes to town.

There's good country? 8O

Sorry, I had to say it...I can't stand the stuff dude!

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:28 pm

Gutterflower wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:Exactly! I have to drive six to eight hours either to Atlanta, GA or Springfield, VA to see a decent show!

Jaxx

Yep, so you've been there I'm assuming?

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:08 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Deansolo wrote:Dude, it's the exact opposite here. I never get to see any good country :D...all we USUALLY get is pop or rap or nu-metal/cookie monster bands! I usually have to drive the 2hrs. to L.A. to see a good show. Back in the 70's and 80's San Diego was one of major stops for all the Rock/Hard Rock/ Metal acts. Not any more. I jump on it when a good show comes to town.

There's good country? 8O

:lol: Yeah, I think there is! I like listening to a few of the newer guitar players like Keith Urban and Brad Paisley, those guys can play some guitar! And one of the hottest guitarists/producers in Nashville is a ex-shredder named Dan Huff...Used to be in an excellent band called Giant back in the late 80's, early 90's. They put out a couple of records right before Nirvana put the lid on shred.

Anyway I like country....I like listening to some of it and I made alot of money playin' alot of it. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:21 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:

Jaxx

Actually, no I haven't. But it looks like a pretty cool venue. A new one opened up recently in Baltimore called RamsHead Live. I haven't been to that yet either but friends tell me it's a killer place to see a show.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:02 am

Deansolo wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

There's good country? 8O

:lol: Yeah, I think there is! I like listening to a few of the newer guitar players like Keith Urban and Brad Paisley, those guys can play some guitar! And one of the hottest guitarists/producers in Nashville is a ex-shredder named Dan Huff...Used to be in an excellent band called Giant back in the late 80's, early 90's. They put out a couple of records right before Nirvana put the lid on shred.

Anyway I like country....I like listening to some of it and I made alot of money playin' alot of it. :)

Yeah, I know who Giant and Dan Huff are. Actually, Dan has produced a couple of Megadeth albums for Dave.

You still haven't convinced me that there's good country out there! :lol: The one and only country artist I claim is Sara Evans. Her voice is infectious! My wife is a big fan of hers, so that's how I learned about her to begin with.

Otherwise, you can have the rest of em', especially the male performers! I swear if I hear one more Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, or Kenny Chesney song, I believe I'm going to loose it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O :lol:

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:06 am

Gutterflower wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:

Jaxx

Actually, no I haven't. But it looks like a pretty cool venue. A new one opened up recently in Baltimore called RamsHead Live. I haven't been to that yet either but friends tell me it's a killer place to see a show.

Baltimore is a cool city in my opinion. They have some of the best seafood I've ever tasted! I'm in love with Camden Yards too! I think I've told you before about my first experience there watching the Orioles and Red Sox play. Now that was a real, true blue, all-American baseball game! The fans weren't acting like a bunch of deadbeets like all other pro-baseball games I've been to! :lol: I still wear my Orioles hat that I bought from that game at least weekly!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:11 am

I just hope that Ian doesnt do any doors tune LOL!!! thats doors of the 21st century was STUPID
The artist formally known as Brawler

Next

Return to Free for all...