Couple Questions about Jake Guitars for you guitar experts

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Couple Questions about Jake Guitars for you guitar exper

Postby Charvelised » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:19 am

Is Jakes Bridge chromed Brass?

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Bengal65 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:31 am

Charvelised wrote:Would the Bridge be stamped ..
if I took it off ?

Most of the bridges I've seen from working on guitars, Charvels in particular did not have any identifying markings. Charvel used such manufacturers such Schecter, DiMarzio and Mighty Mite. These companies who in turn probably used local machine shops except Schecter, which I read somewhere that they had an internal machine shop at one time. The parts were thrown on these guitars at random with no real order. I imagine parts were used provided what was in stock at the time. On the new Charvels with the "vintage NOS trems", I'm guessing they are direct copies of the old Schecter vintage trem with the 2-1/8" string spacing. I can't believe they have that many New Old Stock trems laying in the warehouse!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Bengal65 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:36 am

Charvelised wrote:Is Jakes Bridge chromed Brass?

On the "white strat" it was either black matte powder coated or satin black paint. (baked enamel) On the bursts it was polished brass with a clear coat. Also, an interesting note is that on the flat milled surface of the clear coated polished brass fixed bridges, where the saddles sit, was painted metallic gold. I think the reason for this was it was too time consuming to polish all the lines left from the milling operation. the polishing was left for the edges and the top and sides of the string/saddle adjust retainer block.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:40 am

they are geting harder to obtain again.
on my hardtail strats I us old badass bridges or shallers and the replace the saddles with gragh techs they do work I never break strings at all :D that and the gragh tech string trees are cool too. oyu can goto to carvin.com and get them they added them to the carvin bolton kit guitars wich are great to build as well hell anything from carvin is as good as warmoth but the pick ups they kinda suck I use seymour Duncans anyway.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Previous

Return to All things Jake E Lee...