The Mob

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

The Mob

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:00 pm

OK peeps, what do you all think of Reb Beach's new project entitled, The Mob? It's basically a modern day supergroup if you will. The band consist of Reb Beach (Whitesnake, ex-Dokken, Winger), Doug Pinnick (King's X), Kelly Keagy (Night Ranger), Kip Winger (Winger), and the current keyboardist from (Whitesnake) who's name has slipped my mind. Sorry!

Overall, I think the CD is really good, but don't look for anything earth shattering! There's a couple of instrumental songs for you axe slinger's appetites! As for the music, it's pretty much straight ahead, melodic hard rock. People can say all the want about Kip Winger, but he actually adds alot to the background vocals and of course he's pulling bass duties. Hopefully, he doesn't smile too much though! :lol:

Anyway, it's a good listen, and worth buying in my opinion! So check it out....

Killer of Giants

Re: The Mob

Postby Rock » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:27 pm

I have had it for a couple of months now, my 2 fave songs on the album are
'One track mind" and "Wait". LIke poet says, isnt an earth shattering experience but it is a good listen. :)

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:09 pm

Rock wrote:I have had it for a couple of months now, my 2 fave songs on the album are
'One track mind" and "Wait". LIke poet says, isnt an earth shattering experience but it is a good listen. :)

Yeah, I don't believe a U.S. label has picked it up yet. The one I bought is on the Frontiers Label.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:25 pm

Kip winger got a lot of slack because he was a good looking dude and a lot of insecure dorks were to stupid to look past that and see that the guy was a very talented singer and songwriter and live performer. And those are 3 things that just dont exist anymore. Its no suprise this is a good album and its also no suprise that no major label released it considering the fact that major labels suck nowadays and they dont sign talented bands anymore.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:24 am

harddriver wrote:Kip winger got a lot of slack because he was a good looking dude and a lot of insecure dorks were to stupid to look past that and see that the guy was a very talented singer and songwriter and live performer. And those are 3 things that just dont exist anymore. Its no suprise this is a good album and its also no suprise that no major label released it considering the fact that major labels suck nowadays and they dont sign talented bands anymore.

I saw Winger open for Scorpions on the Savage Amusement tour.....They Rocked (I say that now! LOL!). I dont think he caught flack for being cute and a talented musician......He caught flack 'cos of his ballet moves on stage. I'm not doggin' him...He's extremely talented and a good looking guy....but those ballet moves were kinda...um, er..well..uh...Gay.

Although I haven't yet heard the album, I'm sure its great ( those guys rock). I also agree 100% that major labels suck nowadays.

Disclaimer: Just my opinion...etc., etc., etc.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:29 am

Say it!!! Say it!!! O, O, O!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:17 am

the first I saw kip was when he was still with alice cooper I never thought hed ever do anything else but I was impressed with all of his projects the kip winger solo stuff is more fluffy though.

I also have all of rebs works too and I am very impressed with that stuff . the momb stuff is okay but its not in your face like rebs solo stuff. but it still holds its own, I am surprised that alot more guitar heads havent heard it yet!
and for todays word boys and girls

GUITARDED: to live to play, eat ,sleep and dream, all things about and for guitar . yah see there is a word for us now so we have an excuse LOL!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Mar 06, 2006 9:48 am

Kip was with Alice Cooper ?
I thought that was Reb ?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:13 am

That's too funny, Stratattack!!! Here, Let me try it out. . . guitarded. Ooh, I'm not sure I like how that felt. I should go to the bathroom, like, right now. Hey, I didn't know Reb Beach was with Dokken or Whitesnake. Like, wha? S'pose I ought to get out more.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:37 pm

MetalHead wrote:Kip was with Alice Cooper ?
I thought that was Reb ?

No, I believe it was just Kip, but I could be wrong. Both Kip and Reb worked in the studio with Twisted Sister during their recording of Love Is For Suckers. Mostly just background vocal stuff, but I believe both of them played a little on the record here and there.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:38 pm

frethead wrote:That's too funny, Stratattack!!! Here, Let me try it out. . . guitarded. Ooh, I'm not sure I like how that felt. I should go to the bathroom, like, right now. Hey, I didn't know Reb Beach was with Dokken or Whitesnake. Like, wha? S'pose I ought to get out more.

Yep, Reb is in Whitesnake and he kicks ass with them too. Most people try to make it out to be strictly the Doug Aldrich show, but I don't think it's all him. Reb contributes quite a bit too!

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:44 pm

rebbeach.com wrote:Unfortunately for Reb's solo project but fortunately for fans of great live guitar shows,
the road called and Reb was invited to play with long-time friend, the legendary Alice Cooper.
The two joined forces for three years of successful touring.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:55 pm

I thought that was Reb ?
kip was with Alice way before Winger was even formed and Reb Beach didnt join Alice until way after Winger had disbanded :? I beleive Kip was with Alice in the early 80s and Reb joined up with him to tour in 94 or so. :?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:46 am

harddriver wrote:
I thought that was Reb ?
kip was with Alice way before Winger was even formed and Reb Beach didnt join Alice until way after Winger had disbanded :? I beleive Kip was with Alice in the early 80s and Reb joined up with him to tour in 94 or so. :?

I'm pretty sure you're right harddriver. I could've sworn that Kip played for Alice at some point and time. I want to say it was before Alice's Trash CD.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:47 am

MetalHead wrote:
rebbeach.com wrote:Unfortunately for Reb's solo project but fortunately for fans of great live guitar shows,
the road called and Reb was invited to play with long-time friend, the legendary Alice Cooper.
The two joined forces for three years of successful touring.

Nice work! Apparetly you're right about Reb, but I believe Kip played with Alice too. I'll try to look online sometime today, because it's buggin' the heck out of me now! :lol:

Next

Return to Free for all...