what the hell!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

what the hell!

Postby crisguitar » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:31 am

ok so whats up with this b4 i have 2 go to my local guitar dude and look stupid...iv had my new hot rod amp 4 like 4 months replacement of the old!
today while jamming to some classic ozzy it started to crackle..i thought hmmm...then my amp was taken over by this almighty gurgling high pitch sound. it also happens when i crank the volume up or play 4 a long perod of time
this has never happened b4...whats wrong... that can be the tubes?

Killer of Giants

Re: what the hell!

Postby Deansolo » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:38 am

Sounds like it could be the filter caps....Take it to a qualified repair shop.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Postby skezza » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:17 pm

unlikely to be the tubes. Its easy to identify if the tubes are worn out. I usually turn the tube which i think has worn out full, thrash it then turn it off, you usually hear like a loudish bang.

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:58 pm

skezza wrote:unlikely to be the tubes. Its easy to identify if the tubes are worn out. I usually turn the tube which i think has worn out full, thrash it then turn it off, you usually hear like a loudish bang.

i dnt think its the tubes coz at low volumes it still purrs..plus ther all glowing...dammm this contraption!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:16 pm

crisguitar wrote:
skezza wrote:unlikely to be the tubes. Its easy to identify if the tubes are worn out. I usually turn the tube which i think has worn out full, thrash it then turn it off, you usually hear like a loudish bang.

i dnt think its the tubes coz at low volumes it still purrs..plus ther all glowing...dammm this contraption!

Dude, it sounds like a bad filter capacitor(s) I think you guys in the UK call 'em condensers....I've run into that type of problem many times....Take it to a repair shop. :)
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:04 am

yeh im gunu ring they people i brought it from coz it may be insured then get them 2 pay 4 it to be repaired and have some new power full 6l6 tubes put in me thinks .

Return to Free for all...