OZZY News

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

OZZY News

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:20 am

OZZY OSBOURNE ITCHING TO GET BACK IN THE STUDIO:

March 7, 2006

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Ozzy Osbourne has cut back on his Ozzfest performances, but the Prince of Darkness is still in work mode.

The singer for Black Sabbath, who will be inducted next Monday into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame during a New York ceremony, plans on returning to the recording studio this year.

"I'm gonna get with (guitarist) Zakk (Wylde) soon and start hopefully writing a new studio (album). I've gotta get a studio album this year," Osbourne told Billboard.com. "I'm well overdue."

The last time Wylde and Osbourne recorded a set of new material together was the 2001 Epic effort "Down to Earth." When he hasn't been performing with Osbourne, Wylde has toured and recorded with his own band, Black Label Society. His popularity as a solo musician was cemented in January when he received a star on Hollywood's RockWalk.

Osbourne is also still involved in the musical "Rasputin," which has been a work-in-progress for 10 years. He says there is "a lot of interest" in the project about the Russian monk who was notoriously difficult to kill.

Asked if the play would be an out-and-out musical, Osbourne replies, "I don't know, because I've never done it before. It's something I've always wanted to do. It's gonna be drama, I suppose. Some f---ing guy says, 'Oh yeah man, I can see it now: These silver things come out of the sky ...' I don't want 'Star Trek' meets f---ing Russia. I want it kind of like authentic, like 'Fiddler on the Roof' meets f---ing 'Phantom."'

Courtesy of www.billboard.com

Killer of Giants

Re: OZZY News

Postby MetalHead » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:15 am

So Ozzy wants to release an album this year,
and Zakk is working on the next BLS record ...
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:58 am

Metallica should go for one too. :?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:30 pm

johnthebrucelee wrote:Metallica should go for one too. :?

No, they're too busy acting like a bunch of middle school kids pushing each other around on the playground during recess! :roll:

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:35 pm

A new album from Ozzy and Zakk would be nice as long its nothing like DTE or OZZmosis because both of those albums were pretty lackluster IMO. I wander who would be playing Bass for Ozzy this time around :?: And i think Metallica will suprise everybody with their next studio release because these guys arent stupid and they know that they need to deliver the goods this time around. Now with Ozzy and Metallica back in the studio and a bunch of 80s bands hitting the road in the coming months it should be a rockin good summer :oops: i know that sounded stupid but i didnt know how else to put it. :lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:38 pm

harddriver wrote:I wander who would be playing Bass for Ozzy this time around :?:

I think it's Blasko.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:04 pm

Wow, that's mighty heavy news and much Congratulations to the legendary Icon Prince of Darkness Ozzy Osbourne being inducted into the Hall of Fame and to the mighty Thor legend Zakk Wylde receiving a "Star" on the Hollywood Rock Walk. How thrilling for both of them and wishing both Musician Artists continue success with their up & coming masterworks! How cool so OZZY is in the Musical "Rasputin" that's pretty heavy. 8) Peace!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:35 am

I think Oz should call Mike Inez or Gezzer butler to play bass hell maybe even Newstead again. that wouls piss Metalica off but oh well!!!

I really dont think the new metalica CD will be that great as alot of you have been saying they are too busy being cry babys and acking like money hungry greed mongers to think about good music anymore.
its sad to see a band go so down hill like that.

As for Ozzy I think that will be a great record as long as Zack puts in the same effort as he does with BLS wich as we know is a smokin band in itself.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Return to Free for all...