Demo sample from 1985

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Demo sample from 1985

Postby Olaf » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:26 pm

Hey everyone.

I am feeling a bit nostalgic and thought I would get out my old demo tape of my band from 1985. Yes tape. Remeber cassetes. Anyway, I made a wmf from this 21 yr old tape. The sound quality is what you may expect from a tape that old played from aboom box and piped into a pc.

Having said that, I wish that you all wil listen to it and tell me what you think. Keep in mind it was recorded in 85 and we were all teenegers at the time. They used to play this song on the radio in houston on 101KLOL when it was a rock station on sunday nights. They had a metal show on sundays.

Again, tell me what you think. Thanks

http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=38VU ... 5C2KRAIEIJ
Last edited by Olaf on Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All Access Member

Re: Demo sample from 1985

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:21 pm

I can't get the link to work. Could you repost it?

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:32 pm

Gutterflower wrote:I can't get the link to work. Could you repost it?

Try it now. It will take you to a web site and click on download link.

Postby Fretman » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:39 pm

Olaf wrote:Hey everyone.

I am feeling a bit nostalgic and thought I would get out my old demo tape of my band from 1985. Yes tape. Remeber cassetes. Anyway, I made a wmf from this 21 yr old tape. The sound quality is what you may expect from a tape that old played from aboom box and piped into a pc.

Having said that, I wish that you all wil listen to it and tell me what you think. Keep in mind it was recorded in 85 and we were all teenegers at the time. They used to play this song on the radio in houston on 101KLOL when it was a rock station on sunday nights. They had a metal show on sundays.

Again, tell me what you think. Thanks

http://s61.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=38VU ... 5C2KRAIEIJ

I'll check it out Monday. My speakers at home aren't working so I'll have to wait until I get back to my office. Funny you mention KLOL. I used to listen to that Sunday night show all of the time. Who knows, I may have already heard it? :wink:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:51 pm

I'll check it out Monday. My speakers at home aren't working so I'll have to wait until I get back to my office. Funny you mention KLOL. I used to listen to that Sunday night show all of the time. Who knows, I may have already heard it? :wink:

Cool dude. My bands name was Screamer. This song is called Busted. It's about getteing busted by the law. Well, Linda Silk, the DJ on those sundays played it one day and said "this is for all you guys in Huntsville". For those who don't know, Huntsville, TX is where they have this huge prison. We ended up opening up for Omen from California at a club on Westimer shortly after they started playing it and KLOL was there. Good Times.

Postby Fretman » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:54 pm

Olaf wrote:

Cool dude. My bands name was Screamer. This song is called Busted. It's about getteing busted by the law. Well, Linda Silk, the DJ on those sundays played it one day and said "this is for all you guys in Huntsville". For those who don't know, Huntsville, TX is where they have this huge prison. We ended up opening up for Omen from California at a club on Westimer shortly after they started playing it and KLOL was there. Good Times.

What club did ya'll play, if you can remember.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:56 pm

Fretman wrote:
Olaf wrote:

What club did ya'll play, if you can remember.

I don't remeber the name of it. It was like 1985. I think it was right accros the street from a club called numbers. I think numbers was on westimer wasn't it or was it richmond. Anyway, I remember it was on a second floor. It was a small place.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:53 pm

1985 huh?...Not bad, not bad at all....Sound quality was kinda bad, but that's to be expected from an old tape. I liked it tho'... Good work bro'!
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:58 pm

Deansolo wrote:1985 huh?...Not bad, not bad at all....Sound quality was kinda bad, but that's to be expected from an old tape. I liked it tho'... Good work bro'!

Thanks man. Yeah 1985 and we were just a bunch of punk kids.

Here is another.

http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=277M ... 1MTQ4EJMYR

Postby jefnel1 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:23 am

Good tune man! I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music."

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:03 am

Hell yeah. Great vibe. Reminds me of Saxon.

I remember that show...brings back some old memories.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:35 am

Hey, you guys ROCKED! I definitely would've gone and banged my head at one of your shows back in the day :D Thanks for posting those.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:48 am

Thanks for the kind words to all of you.

Here is another one. This one is my favorite.

http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0KP1 ... GFSKYRFH22

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:32 pm

Yeh sounds pretty fkn good, quite a few influences there, nice guitar playing mate. :) Looks like I will have to post some of my stuff, we should all share our music. :)

Ultimate Sinner

Postby Olaf » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:01 pm

Rock wrote:Yeh sounds pretty fkn good, quite a few influences there, nice guitar playing mate. :) Looks like I will have to post some of my stuff, we should all share our music. :)

Thanks! I can't take credit for the guitar work as I was the drummer. My brother was the main lead guitar player.

Next

Return to Free for all...