ACCEPT: Metal Blast From The Past

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

ACCEPT: Metal Blast From The Past

Postby Gutterflower » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:26 am

ACCEPT - METAL BLAST FROM THE PAST:

March 9, 2006

This DVDplus (double sided disc: DVD and Audio CD) captures the spirit of ACCEPTs early career with previously unreleased numbers, the Japan bonus track Rich And Famous and demo versions of five Breaker cuts. It also contains a video recording from Osaka, a visual document of the groups first Japanese tour, which proves impressively how enthusiastically the band were celebrated in the Land of the Rising Sun. Until now, this performance was only available on the double live LP, 'Staying A Life'. There is also footage from their 1993 show in Sofia, broadcast by Bulgarian television at the time and documenting the comeback of a band which had previously split up.

Song Titles:
Live video osaka 1985: metal heart, breaker, screaming for a love-bite, up the limit, living for tonite, princess of the dawn, restless and wild, son of a bitch, london leatherboys, fast as a shark, balls to the wall, outro (bound to fail); videoclips: i'm a rebel, balls to the wall, midnight mover, generation clash, protectors of terror, slaves to metal, death row; live sophia '93: starlight, slaves to etal, objection overruled. CD: previously unreleased audio tracks: rich and famous; rocking for the sun; morning sun; run if you can; down and out; can't stand the night; breaker; burning; writing on the wall

Ultimate Sinner

Re: ACCEPT: Metal Blast From The Past

Postby rockinrye » Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:05 pm

Gutterflower wrote:ACCEPT - METAL BLAST FROM THE PAST:

March 9, 2006

This DVDplus (double sided disc: DVD and Audio CD) captures the spirit of ACCEPTs early career with previously unreleased numbers, the Japan bonus track Rich And Famous and demo versions of five Breaker cuts. It also contains a video recording from Osaka, a visual document of the groups first Japanese tour, which proves impressively how enthusiastically the band were celebrated in the Land of the Rising Sun. Until now, this performance was only available on the double live LP, 'Staying A Life'. There is also footage from their 1993 show in Sofia, broadcast by Bulgarian television at the time and documenting the comeback of a band which had previously split up.

Song Titles:
Live video osaka 1985: metal heart, breaker, screaming for a love-bite, up the limit, living for tonite, princess of the dawn, restless and wild, son of a bitch, london leatherboys, fast as a shark, balls to the wall, outro (bound to fail); videoclips: i'm a rebel, balls to the wall, midnight mover, generation clash, protectors of terror, slaves to metal, death row; live sophia '93: starlight, slaves to etal, objection overruled. CD: previously unreleased audio tracks: rich and famous; rocking for the sun; morning sun; run if you can; down and out; can't stand the night; breaker; burning; writing on the wall

Staying a Life was double lp :?: I guess when it goes to cd it is only a single cd :?:

Thanks again for the info

All Access Member

Postby RandyRhoadsRules! » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:56 pm

Gutterflower wrote:ACCEPT - METAL BLAST FROM THE PAST:

March 9, 2006

Song Titles:

WOLF HOFFMAN!! Alright! that guy rules!

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:13 pm

What an "heavy" ruby Collection on Metal giants ACCEPT a deluxe DVD/Cd package of their music History. Everytime I see their name I think of them in that freezin cold weather performing their Hard Rockin' Metal Classic "Balls to the Walls" my Heart totally went out to them for they mentioned it was nearly freezin degrees when they filmed that Video & they had nearly nothing on...-WOW! :P 8O 8) Smile!! Awesome mega band, ACCEPT and "V" Guitarist Wolf Hoffman is #84 in the (Dec 2005 special) Hit Parader: All Time Top 100 Heavy Metal Guitarists mighty Trailblazing list. Peace!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:57 am

Balls to the wall, man.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:54 pm

You know, I've never seen what people see in this band....

OK, go ahead and get the flamethrower out....I'm ready!

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:26 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:You know, I've never seen what people see in this band....

OK, go ahead and get the flamethrower out....I'm ready!

I'm right there with ya' Poets......Not that they aren't good musicians..I just couldn't get into it. The lyrics and vocals just weren't my cup o' joe.

Disclaimer: Don't get mad...it's just my opinion.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:57 am

My post was innefective, obviously, at expressing my opinion of Accept's material. I never got where they were coming from, and their look really didn't grab my attention. The "Balls to the Wall" tune has an excellent hook, but I become bored with it way before it's over. It is certainly not a Glenn Tipton/ Judas Priest tune.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:18 pm

I saw them open for Dio once-they were okay. Not as good as Dio! 8) I post these articles in case they're newsworthy to someone out there.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:42 am

Gutterflower wrote:I saw them open for Dio once-they were okay. Not as good as Dio! 8) I post these articles in case they're newsworthy to someone out there.

Gutterflower, we appreciate it, so don't stop. :D

Accept always struck me as an AC/DC ripoff, but just couldn't quite nail down the overall package that AC/DC has. I don't know, kind of weird I guess.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:48 pm

frethead wrote:My post was innefective, obviously, at expressing my opinion of Accept's material. I never got where they were coming from, and their look really didn't grab my attention. The "Balls to the Wall" tune has an excellent hook, but I become bored with it way before it's over. It is certainly not a Glenn Tipton/ Judas Priest tune.

If I remember correctly doesn't the singer look like a 'brokedown, tore-up' version of detective Mackie on "The Shield"? 8O :)

Not that Michael Chiklis is attractive or anything....I''m just saying they kinda look alike.

Just my opinion...you understand.
www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp

Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:48 pm

Yeah, sort of like a short, chubby German with a self-esteem disorder who wrestles with control of his sexual orientation. ( A-ha. A-ha-ha-ha. A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! And, I'm laughing, too!) Does he say "man?" Like, "Balls to the Wall, man?" I'm still not sure about that. I'm not bashing him, by any means, you understand. But, Dean, I totally get your Michael Chiklis comparison, and that's funny as hell! Michael Chiklis is the next Leslie Nelson if you ask me. Funny? Yes, but sensitive. Tough? If you say so, but if you look closely enough, you can't help but notice the lightly giggling sheen of Luke Skywalker incarnate. Poet, everyone wants to be AC/DC
Last edited by frethead on Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:45 am

frethead wrote:Yeah, sort of like a short, chubby German with a self-esteem disorder who wrestles with control of his sexual orientation. ( A-ha. A-ha-ha-ha. A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! And, I'm laughing, too!) Does he say "man?" Like, "Balls to the Wall, man?" I'm still not sure about that. I'm not bashing him, by any means, you understand. But, Dean, I totally get your Michael Chiklis comparison, and that's funny as hell! Michael Chiklis is the next Leslie Nelson if you ask me. Funny? Yes, but sensitive. Tough? If you say so, but when you closely enough, you can't help but notice the lightly giggling sheen of Luke Skywalker incarnate. Poet, everyone wants to be AC/DC

I'm not sure if everyone wants to be AC/DC......maybe having their money though :!: :D

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:55 pm

You guys ever see them without Udo as the singer :?: They were in the middle of a triple bill . It was Metal Church Accept and WASP

Accept was promoting Eat the Heat with new singer David Reese and Stefan Kaufman wasn 't on drums.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:59 pm

frethead wrote:Yeah, sort of like a short, chubby German with a self-esteem disorder who wrestles with control of his sexual orientation. ( A-ha. A-ha-ha-ha. A-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!! And, I'm laughing, too!) Does he say "man?" Like, "Balls to the Wall, man?" I'm still not sure about that. I'm not bashing him, by any means, you understand. But, Dean, I totally get your Michael Chiklis comparison, and that's funny as hell! Michael Chiklis is the next Leslie Nelson if you ask me. Funny? Yes, but sensitive. Tough? If you say so, but if you look closely enough, you can't help but notice the lightly giggling sheen of Luke Skywalker incarnate. Poet, everyone wants to be AC/DC

Yeah Chicklis can be funny...I was flippin' channels awhile back and saw some movie about the 3 Stooges where he was playin' Curly! Did a great job IMO...only problem was I couldn't get the image of Mackie out of my mind! Kinda fu**ed up the whole movie for me! LOL!!! :D

Next

Return to Free for all...