New Evergrey is Awesome!

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

New Evergrey is Awesome!

Postby mrmetal » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:18 pm

In case anyone wanted to know. :twisted:

Re: New Evergrey is Awesome!

Postby Fretman » Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:55 pm

mrmetal wrote:In case anyone wanted to know. :twisted:

Is it available to purchase yet??? 8O

All Access Member

Postby Shadow » Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:36 pm

What's the title of the new Evergrey Cd and when did it come out? Thanks for letting us know, MrMetal! EVERGREY are a pretty awesome Progressive Metal band "always" In Search of the Truth. :D 8) 8O My favorite Evergrey album/Cd by far! Does the new one surpass it? Peace!

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:51 pm

It will be available April 4th I believe. I got a promo copy from an old friend that used to be a regular here. Thanks Luna! The new album is called Monday Morning Apocolypse and now I cannot wait to see this awesome band again!

Postby Fretman » Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:03 am

mrmetal wrote:It will be available April 4th I believe. I got a promo copy from an old friend that used to be a regular here. Thanks Luna! The new album is called Monday Morning Apocolypse and now I cannot wait to see this awesome band again!

Thanks for the info! Good to see Luna is still around out there somewhere.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:53 am

Metal, I'll give it a listen, because I want to be halfway familiar with the band when they play the ProgPower Fest.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:25 pm

Let me know what you think. Some people like Evergrey, some don't. They are not power metal by any means. Tom Englund is an excellent vocalist and guitar player. The songwriting is, as always, stellar.

Interestingly enough, they seem to have gone to a more thrashy tone on this one. A couple of riffs reminded me of the Metallica/Testament/Megadeth metal days of yore. They do stick to thier gothic metal sound with the dark undertones, haunting female vocals and orchestral strings, must be a Swedish thing, perhaps Metal Head could elaborate...but this is a very solid release and just as good as anything else they have done, if not better.

Operation: Mindcrime II was in the cd player of my car, but after it failed to blow me away, which was no suprise really, it was tossed to the backseat and this new disc is being blasted to and from anywhere I need to go.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:05 pm

mrmetal wrote:Let me know what you think. Some people like Evergrey, some don't. They are not power metal by any means. Tom Englund is an excellent vocalist and guitar player. The songwriting is, as always, stellar.

Interestingly enough, they seem to have gone to a more thrashy tone on this one. A couple of riffs reminded me of the Metallica/Testament/Megadeth metal days of yore. They do stick to thier gothic metal sound with the dark undertones, haunting female vocals and orchestral strings, must be a Swedish thing, perhaps Metal Head could elaborate...but this is a very solid release and just as good as anything else they have done, if not better.

Operation: Mindcrime II was in the cd player of my car, but after it failed to blow me away, which was no suprise really, it was tossed to the backseat and this new disc is being blasted to and from anywhere I need to go.

I was on the ProgPower Forum the other day and most people were complaining about how "commercial" the new Evergrey sounds? I'm not exactly sure what they mean by that, but most of those people on there would complain if Jesus, Elijah, and Moses formed a power trio! :roll: In other words, you can't freakin' please them :!:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:09 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:
I was on the ProgPower Forum the other day and most people were complaining about how "commercial" the new Evergrey sounds? I'm not exactly sure what they mean by that, but most of those people on there would complain if Jesus, Elijah, and Moses formed a power trio! :roll: In other words, you can't freakin' please them :!:

That is why I called them armchair intellectuals. Very unhappy individuals if you ask me. I used to post up there, but now I just read.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:12 pm

mrmetal wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

That is why I called them armchair intellectuals. Very unhappy individuals if you ask me. I used to post up there, but now I just read.

I swear that I never will again, but I always do. I'll learn my lesson one of these days maybe!

Return to Free for all...