ACCEPT: Metal Blast From The Past

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: ACCEPT: Metal Blast From The Past

Postby Doobie » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:34 am

I can see where some just don't get it. It's def true that they weren't the most talented band on the planet at the time. But, I think a lot of people were into Accept for what they were and not what they could do technically music-wise - some saw them as the anarchists of the 80's or something. There's also a lot of people that connect a particular song or entire CD to good times. That's where I'm at with Accept ... those were grand days and grand times. Yea, I def have flashbacks when I hear Balls To The Wall. Definitely.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:23 am

Doobie wrote:I can see where some just don't get it. It's def true that they weren't the most talented band on the planet at the time. But, I think a lot of people were into Accept for what they were and not what they could do technically music-wise - some saw them as the anarchists of the 80's or something. There's also a lot of people that connect a particular song or entire CD to good times. That's where I'm at with Accept ... those were grand days and grand times. Yea, I def have flashbacks when I hear Balls To The Wall. Definitely.

yah but man were they fun to watch ay doob :wink:
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:23 am

I get it. Wolf Hoffman's solos are not that easy to play and he sure came up with some killer riffs. I like Accept and I think they were the first to do something really fast and thrasy when everyone else was poofing their hair and posing.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:52 am

Poofin' and posin' BWAHAHAHAHA

Ultimate Sinner

Postby rockinrye » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:02 pm

mrmetal wrote:I get it. Wolf Hoffman's solos are not that easy to play and he sure came up with some killer riffs. I like Accept and I think they were the first to do something really fast and thrasy when everyone else was poofing their hair and posing.

Amen brother . Listen too the titel track 'Metal Heart' it will tell ya about Wolf's guitar playing.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:43 pm

One could say that I don't know enough about them to think one way or the other, since I couldn't listen to them. Banging on seventeen inch thick concrete with a twelve pound sledgehammer, air brakes on a thirty-five year old Mack truck, boom-boom courtesy of the geek mobile in the next lane, OK. I guess it's just something we're all going to have to Accept.
Get it? I said Accept. Ooh, I think I'll say it again! Everyone likes them Accept me!!! Hee-hee! Does that make me the Acception?!! Wee! Your Honor, I Accept. Do you Accept the charges? Don't be such an Accept hole. Awww, I lost it. Damn, that was fun! Can we do it again?!! I want to Accept go first! Uhh, Accept what's Accept happening? I'm Accept Accept scared! Accept. Accept. Accept. Accept. Accept. Help me
Last edited by frethead on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:14 pm

That was an Acceptable attempt at humor.

Previous

Return to Free for all...