Bo Bice

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Bo Bice

Postby Doobie » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:19 pm

Well, he sold out. :roll: What a wimpy little song of his they're playing on the air. Marty (INXS runner up) wouldn't have sold out!!!!!!!!!!

All Access Member

Re: Bo Bice

Postby Gutterflower » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:36 pm

Bo..Bo..Bo...so much for your alleged rocker roots, dude! :roll:

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:04 pm

Should change his name to Li'l Bo Peep! :D

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:18 pm

That guy was a chump from the beginning and everybody should have seen it. Any real artist with any type of integrity would never go on that joke of a talent show American Idol. It sickened me when people actually suggested that the punk ass fool should work with Jake.e.Lee :x I bet jake would laugh his ass off if that lil wannabe called him up. And for that loser to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Ray Gillen was an insult to the man himself. American Idol is the epitomy of what is wrong with the music buisness and they should remove that bullshit freakshow from the air. And they shouldnt use the word idol because none of the winners of that show are even remotely considered idols to anyone except teenage girls or gay men who want to sound like Christina Aguilara or some hip hop clown like Usher. Anyway thats just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions and assholes. Later :x

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:58 pm

Man, I bet you feel alot better getting that off your chest! Whew! Mercy!!

Postby Fretman » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:43 pm

harddriver wrote:That guy was a chump from the beginning and everybody should have seen it. Any real artist with any type of integrity would never go on that joke of a talent show American Idol. It sickened me when people actually suggested that the punk ass fool should work with Jake.e.Lee :x I bet jake would laugh his ass off if that lil wannabe called him up. And for that loser to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Ray Gillen was an insult to the man himself. American Idol is the epitomy of what is wrong with the music buisness and they should remove that bullshit freakshow from the air. And they shouldnt use the word idol because none of the winners of that show are even remotely considered idols to anyone except teenage girls or gay men who want to sound like Christina Aguilara or some hip hop clown like Usher. Anyway thats just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions and assholes. Later :x

I thought that Bo Bice gave a nice tribute to Badlands when he sang In A Dream. It may be another 100 years before you see that again. His chosen path of music may not be to your or my liking, but I will always appreciate and respect the fact that he did that song, and as a Jake fan you should too, regardless of his current musical path.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:59 pm

I really have to agree with harddriver because these guys all say were rockers well real rockers dont subject them selfs to that!!!
seeings that thier street cred would be destroyed. but to each his own I guess.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:28 am

That was my point in the SuperNova Rockstar thread! They all go out there like rockers, then end up recording some Bulls**t song by some f**kin' a**hole who writes/produces for April Lavine!

It's like: Sign this and you'll be the next...Ashlee Simpson! LOL!!! :D

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:15 am

Hahahaha...so true Dean!!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:05 am

Fretman wrote:
harddriver wrote:That guy was a chump from the beginning and everybody should have seen it. Any real artist with any type of integrity would never go on that joke of a talent show American Idol. It sickened me when people actually suggested that the punk ass fool should work with Jake.e.Lee :x I bet jake would laugh his ass off if that lil wannabe called him up. And for that loser to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Ray Gillen was an insult to the man himself. American Idol is the epitomy of what is wrong with the music buisness and they should remove that bullshit freakshow from the air. And they shouldnt use the word idol because none of the winners of that show are even remotely considered idols to anyone except teenage girls or gay men who want to sound like Christina Aguilara or some hip hop clown like Usher. Anyway thats just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions and assholes. Later :x

I thought that Bo Bice gave a nice tribute to Badlands when he sang In A Dream. It may be another 100 years before you see that again. His chosen path of music may not be to your or my liking, but I will always appreciate and respect the fact that he did that song, and as a Jake fan you should too, regardless of his current musical path.
This has nothing to do with Badlands or Jake as much as it has to do with the current state of the music buisness which has gone to hell in a handbasket. Bo Bice is simply an assclown who went on some teenybopper show when he was damn near 30 years old and got beat out by some blond bimbo who noone will remember in 5 years. And as far as his musical path is concerned which consisted of waiting in line to audition in front of Paula Abdul i wouldnt put to much stock into that either.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:05 am

HELL YEAH, HARDDRIVER!!! Yes sir, That's the way to use your rocker attitude! ( It is still ok for rockers to have a li'l titty-bit of attitude isn't it?!) 8) :x :wink:
American Idol is undeniably a symbol of the current state of the music business, and it doesn't look pretty, folks. O, my GAWD!!!! LMFAORO'FCMR An assclown. . . wait. I was having trouble typing, there. That is the single funniest thing I've heard in a long time!!! (I was listening to the voice in my head, you understand.) Fretman, he obviously wasn't singing In a Dream as or in tribute to anybody. Thank the Spirit of Everything That Makes Sense I missed it.
Last edited by frethead on Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:24 am

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!Wait up a sec:

1) Bo work with Jake? HAHA!!! Look, like I posted elsewhere, was suprised he picked "In a Dream". Guess Ray/Badlands were an influence on him. Cool for that. But, it doesn't mean he's anywhere near the same class/league as Ray.

2) Idol IS one of the reasons the music biz is so watered down today. Ppl want superficial talent, not hard working musicians. Back in the day, up until the 80's (and even by THEN, synth pop, etc..was poisoning the music scene), you had some good music coming out. There STILL IS good music coming out, just have to search harder to find it.

3)"And they shouldnt use the word idol because none of the winners of that show are even remotely considered idols to anyone except teenage girls or gay men who want to sound like Christina Aguilara or some hip hop clown like Usher." HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Jiver » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:27 am

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!Wait up a sec:

1) Bo work with Jake? HAHA!!! Look, like I posted elsewhere, was suprised he picked "In a Dream". Guess Ray/Badlands were an influence on him. Cool for that. But, it doesn't mean he's anywhere near the same class/league as Ray.

2) Idol IS one of the reasons the music biz is so watered down today. Ppl want superficial talent, not hard working musicians. Back in the day, up until the 80's (and even by THEN, synth pop, etc..was poisoning the music scene), you had some good music coming out. There STILL IS good music coming out, just have to search harder to find it.

3)"And they shouldnt use the word idol because none of the winners of that show are even remotely considered idols to anyone except teenage girls or gay men who want to sound like Christina Aguilara or some hip hop clown like Usher." HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:57 am

I still love the I dea that a record exec that has never played a gigi or writen a song or done any thing creative at all can still be considered an expert it what we do and have all that power to boot man I should have listened to MOM and gone to law school !
record execs are nothing but little pud wackers
The artist formally known as Brawler

Secret Loser

Postby seasons » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:52 am

Ok, this one called me out a bit. I have to jump in on this. Now, I'm not a fan of Bo musically or vocally and I too was insulted by the suggestion of him with Jake and him being mentioned in the Ray realm. BUT, I have to stick up for him in the following ways:

First, as a singer you take every opportunity you can. If I was young enough to do Idol I would in a second. The unfortunate part for Bo is that now he is tied to the Clive Davis machine and now has to do music that isn't truly him. But ya gotta compromise to get the kind of fame he is enjoying now.

Second, when someone does a song like IN A DREAM, surly they aren't just picking a random song. He is a huge Ray and Jake fan. If you listened to the second performance of it, Bo even says "I love you Ray" right before he starts singing. Most people missed that, but find a copy of it, he does say that.

Third I met Bo a couple months back and did so specifically to discuss Ray with him. He is definitely genuine. A casualty of the "machine" maybe, but genuine just the same!

Next

Return to Free for all...