inocence of youth.

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

inocence of youth.

Postby crisguitar » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:06 pm

come on guys u no u wunu think back to wen ur wer my age..18..
i recently came across a band called shotgun messiah and i dnt no what to make of them at all...fill me in on ur opinions please :lol:

Killer of Giants

Re: inocence of youth.

Postby MetalHead » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:08 pm

i think the leadsinger was swedish ... :D
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:20 pm

the blonde 1...he looks strange who no's lol

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:04 pm

his name is/was Zinny Zan if I remember correctly.
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:08 pm

crisguitar wrote:come on guys u no u wunu think back to wen ur wer my age..18..
i recently came across a band called shotgun messiah and i dnt no what to make of them at all...fill me in on ur opinions please :lol:

Well crisguitar, if I think back to when I was 18 I'd be thinking of Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam. So what are you implying :?: That everyone on here is old :?: :)

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:42 pm

Yeah! WTF! :twisted:

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:20 am

I knew of Shotgun Messiah when I was 18 too!

That was 20 years ago!!!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby Moose6 » Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:49 am

I remeber seeing a Shotgun Messiah vidio when I was 20 (back when MTV actually played vidios). I ran out and bought the tape the next day. The guitarist was pretty awesome too. That was spring 1990.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:57 am

I saw Shotgun Messiah twice ( they were great)I was 18 in 90 I also remamber Y+T had the best CD they ever put out (10) and kiss was trying too hard with hot in the shade ( yah That one sucked) and the head bangers ball was still the shiznat . and I was playing clubs and dating a red head . ( the chick broke my heart). thats why every time I hear house of broken love from great white I cringe.
I loved Savetage Chris olivia rocked . and Badlands was always in my car as well DR feelgood and Aerosmiths (PUMP) and Giant because Dan huff is oone of the most emotional players around.
and of course alot of MegaDeath and Tesament. and Overkill.
ah those were the days!! LOLOL!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:37 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:

Well crisguitar, if I think back to when I was 18 I'd be thinking of Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam. So what are you implying :?: That everyone on here is old :?: :)

dude if u had noticed i put the inocence of youth i think u guys are the luckyest mother fo's in the owrld having lived with some of the best music...no offence was intended..sorry guys!

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:24 pm

crisguitar wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:

dude if u had noticed i put the inocence of youth i think u guys are the luckyest mother fo's in the owrld having lived with some of the best music...no offence was intended..sorry guys!

Aww. They're just messing with ya cris. I'll admit it - I'm old. But, damn proud to have been raised in the musical era I was 8) . My daughter is your age and, she too, thinks we were most blessed with the music we grew up on. My Rush, Floyd, Zeppelin cd's are constantly disappearing from my cd storage cabinet. She'd bring back the 70's and 80's in a heartbeat if she could. I feel sorry for those of you that did a lot of your growing up in the 90's - what a sucky time for music that was! Oh geez, and what about growing up with today's music? 20 yrs. from now these kids will be telling their kids about listening to "let me see your grill. let you see my what? ohh your grill, let me see your grill". WTF?!!!!!!!!

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:52 pm

Dreadful!

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:36 pm

Dude when i was 18 it was the best period ever for music. Bands still new how to play their instruments and put on a kick ass arena show and rock stars still roamed the earth. Those days are gone now but a lot of those bands will be out on the road this summer. Anyway when i was 18 i was jammin out to bands like The Crue, Old Metallica , Poison , Ciderella , Badlands 8) , Tesla and the list goes on and on. Try to name 5 mainstream bands right now that are any good and youl give yourself a headache. Anyway nu-metal and nu-rock all suck balls and Bo Bice is a flaming butt licker.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:55 pm

We DID have the best music, didn't we? I remember the summer that Crue's Shout At The Devil came out-that's all you heard coming out my car stereo ON CASSETTE. Then Ratt's Out of the Cellar a couple years later, followed by Dokken and Tesla with plenty of Judas Priest, Dio and Iron Maiden thrown in there along with a multitude of other kick ass bands....and then it was BADLANDS blowing out my speakers! :D Some of my friends got into that whole 80s Flock of Seagull shit-that was never me. Loud guitars, fast cars and axe slinging men with big hair-YEAH!! :wink:

Those WERE the days-concert tix were pretty cheap, Headbangers Ball was king and there was always a big show hitting an arena near you. All I did was party my ass off and go to shows constantly. It was great! I'm glad I was growing up during that time-I wouldn't trade it for anything. All of the wild and crazy things that we did you could never get away with now. Even the cops were more laid back during that time. It's cool to come to a board like this and know that the peeps of my generation (no, I didn't just say that!) were living life the same way.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:14 pm

stratattack wrote:I saw Shotgun Messiah twice ( they were great)I was 18 in 90 I also remamber Y+T had the best CD they ever put out (10) and kiss was trying too hard with hot in the shade ( yah That one sucked) and the head bangers ball was still the shiznat . and I was playing clubs and dating a red head . ( the chick broke my heart). thats why every time I hear house of broken love from great white I cringe.
I loved Savetage Chris olivia rocked . and Badlands was always in my car as well DR feelgood and Aerosmiths (PUMP) and Giant because Dan huff is oone of the most emotional players around.
and of course alot of MegaDeath and Tesament. and Overkill.
ah those were the days!! LOLOL!!!

Another Giant fan! Yeah Dan Huff sure could play.....And Great White, they were cool too, too bad what happened to them huh? About the redhead,.....Dude, ya gotta let it go. :)

1990 was a good year for rock.......Then came..da da da dummm.....Nirvana! :evil:

Memories..I remember the 1st album..er..Lp I ever bought was Led Zeppelin Physical Graffitti..I think I was about 12. Back in those days ROCK RULED! I'm so glad I had older siblings and there was always music in the house. Because growing up on beatles and stones and Zepp was a great education for a kid who wanted to play rock music.

Next

Return to Free for all...