A good delay pedal

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

A good delay pedal

Postby johnthebrucelee » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:57 pm

I don't any experience with delay pedals so I was wondering what you guys might recommend to me. I heard and saw Yngwie's Echo Etude and it's the delay that got me interested. And how did Yngwie set the delay for that sound?

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: A good delay pedal

Postby Rock » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:12 pm

I use a Boss DD3..... :)

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: A good delay pedal

Postby stratattack » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:30 am

YJM used to uses a boss dd3 and some obscure slap back eco too but I agree with rock the Boss DD3 is the way to go don't mess with a classic.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1679
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Texas

Re: A good delay pedal

Postby mrmetal » Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:58 pm

Same here. Mine has a mod to make it sound more analog. Great pedal stock though.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 715
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: adelaide, Australia

Re: A good delay pedal

Postby Rock » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:07 pm

mrmetal wrote:Same here. Mine has a mod to make it sound more analog. Great pedal stock though.


Yeh they are, i also have an old analog delay, b4 Boss had the digital delays.

Me looks for Dean on a relpy for this. :)

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: A good delay pedal

Postby Deansolo » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:43 am

Rock wrote:
mrmetal wrote:Same here. Mine has a mod to make it sound more analog. Great pedal stock though.


Yeh they are, i also have an old analog delay, b4 Boss had the digital delays.

Me looks for Dean on a relpy for this. :)


I've been using my Arion SAD-1 lately.. almost 1/2 sec. of great sounding analog delay. A bit noisy but I like it. For longer delays and reverbs I fall back on my MidiverbIII. :)

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OBeach town, Florida

Re: A good delay pedal

Postby frethead » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:06 am

Yeah, does anyone know who the maker was of the analog delay Yngwie uses for those awesome swirling-away, flying away, whatever sounds??? I actually don't remember at all. The Midiverbs are nice and I can't say that I've ever even tried the Boss pedal. It's probably good stuff, any way you look at it. Nothing beats a good ( or "twisted?") sense of imagination when it comes to echo, though!!!

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Twin Falls, ID

Re: A good delay pedal

Postby johnthebrucelee » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:25 pm

So have you guys tried the newer version delay of the Boss DD-6? The DD-3 is cheaper and like you guys said, don't mess with a classic...


So Yngwie had a slapback setting... :? Sorry, I don't know anything about delay yet. :oops:

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: A good delay pedal

Postby Deansolo » Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:17 pm

frethead wrote:Yeah, does anyone know who the maker was of the analog delay Yngwie uses for those awesome swirling-away, flying away, whatever sounds???!!!


Maybe an Echoplex. Easy to get the swirling, space-shippy sounds with one.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: A good delay pedal

Postby stratattack » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:10 am

Deansolo wrote:
frethead wrote:Yeah, does anyone know who the maker was of the analog delay Yngwie uses for those awesome swirling-away, flying away, whatever sounds???!!!


Maybe an Echoplex. Easy to get the swirling, space-shippy sounds with one.

Yah I for got about those ! they work awsome with a tube head.
The artist formally known as Brawler

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests