inocence of youth.

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: inocence of youth.

Postby Doobie » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:37 pm

Gutterflower - my daughter just bought herself a shirt from Hot Topic that says "Bigger is better" - the pic on the shirt is of a gal with a big ol' 80's bouffant, bright pink lipstick and there's a can of the infamous pink and white label Aqua Net (the only way to go) in the corner. hahahaha. *Pattin' self on back* (I did a good job of raising that girl!)

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:58 pm

Deansolo wrote: Another Giant fan! Yeah Dan Huff sure could play......

Aren't they still making music? I thought I saw that on melodicrock.com a while back. Dan Huff has made some music on the country side. He plays a lot of leads on Shania Twain and Faith Hill's releases.

Killer of Giants

Postby Deansolo » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:56 pm

Don't know if they're still making music....sure did like 'em tho'! I think I'm gonna dig out the "Last of the Runaways" cassette and give it a play. :)

Yep, lots of the old "studio shredders" appear on country releases these days.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby LouZ » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:52 pm

I too was 17 or 18 when Badlands, Tesla, Great White, GnR, Cinderella, etc. were around. It was a great time for rock. Lots of stud guitarists, cool lead singers. Clubs had bands playing original material. Now cover bands where I live for some reason get all the attention.

In my opinion though, the late 60's thru the mid 70's had to be the greatest era of rock. So much diversity, so many great bands that jammed live, and put out great album after album. Bands didn't have to have and image, and didn't make it on the way they looked. The record companies actually allowed artistic freedom
I heard 'Purple Haze' on the radio and ...... it made the hairs on the back of my neck stood up

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:28 pm

Doobie wrote:Gutterflower - my daughter just bought herself a shirt from Hot Topic that says "Bigger is better" - the pic on the shirt is of a gal with a big ol' 80's bouffant, bright pink lipstick and there's a can of the infamous pink and white label Aqua Net (the only way to go) in the corner. hahahaha. *Pattin' self on back* (I did a good job of raising that girl!)
Way Too Funny :P
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:40 am

:lol:

Killer of Giants

Postby crisguitar » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:19 am

Doobie wrote:
crisguitar wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
crisguitar wrote:come on guys u no u wunu think back to wen ur wer my age..18..
i recently came across a band called shotgun messiah and i dnt no what to make of them at all...fill me in on ur opinions please :lol:

Well crisguitar, if I think back to when I was 18 I'd be thinking of Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam. So what are you implying :?: That everyone on here is old :?: :)

dude if u had noticed i put the inocence of youth i think u guys are the luckyest mother fo's in the owrld having lived with some of the best music...no offence was intended..sorry guys!

Aww. They're just messing with ya cris. I'll admit it - I'm old. But, damn proud to have been raised in the musical era I was 8) . My daughter is your age and, she too, thinks we were most blessed with the music we grew up on. My Rush, Floyd, Zeppelin cd's are constantly disappearing from my cd storage cabinet. She'd bring back the 70's and 80's in a heartbeat if she could. I feel sorry for those of you that did a lot of your growing up in the 90's - what a sucky time for music that was! Oh geez, and what about growing up with today's music? 20 yrs. from now these kids will be telling their kids about listening to "let me see your grill. let you see my what? ohh your grill, let me see your grill". WTF?!!!!!!!!

yeh my mums constantly saying how she'd love to relive thoses days.. i guess she had fun lol
thanks for the sympahy...those bullys ey lol

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:58 am

crisguitar wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:
crisguitar wrote:come on guys u no u wunu think back to wen ur wer my age..18..
i recently came across a band called shotgun messiah and i dnt no what to make of them at all...fill me in on ur opinions please :lol:

Well crisguitar, if I think back to when I was 18 I'd be thinking of Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Pearl Jam. So what are you implying :?: That everyone on here is old :?: :)

dude if u had noticed i put the inocence of youth i think u guys are the luckyest mother fo's in the owrld having lived with some of the best music...no offence was intended..sorry guys!

I was pulling your chain Cris :lol: Actually, I'm in your shoes...I never got to see any decent bands play live either! When I was finally old enough to attend concerts, grunge was in its peek.....lucky me :roll:

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:33 am

You know what? Speaking of great music, great bands, and great days. . . I think that I had adopted a reflective attitude by the time I was 18, although it's a little foggy because I was recuperating from a horrible head injury, and that was nineteen years ago!!!. It really seems, however, as if the good stuff had been worn-out of it's socket by the late eighties.
Ahh, but I remember the two most perfect female bodies that I've ever seen, heading down to the riverparks in the '75 Buick Regal with the sunroof off, shades on, all the Van Halens, ( Coming out of the seventies, I had a special place in my heart for the Allman Brothers Band, Aerosmith, Kiss, the Atlanta Rhythm Section, B.O.C., the Tubes, the Edgar Winter Group, Led Zep, Genesis, Styx, and Foreigner), AC/DC, Randy Rhoads, George Thorougood and the Destroyers, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Y&T, Steve Lukather, Dokken on the Marantz ( cassette player/radio) blasting the hell out-of the Jensons, Molly Hatchet, .38 Special, Queensryche, Yngwie, then Whitesnake's self-titled and weird-sounding-because-it-was-so-damn-damn-good album! And, then it was like, "shit, what the f--k did I miss?!" Fortunately, Nirvana, U2, the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Run DMC were there to remind me.
Last edited by frethead on Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:15 pm

mrmetal wrote:
Deansolo wrote: Another Giant fan! Yeah Dan Huff sure could play......

Aren't they still making music? I thought I saw that on melodicrock.com a while back. Dan Huff has made some music on the country side. He plays a lot of leads on Shania Twain and Faith Hill's releases.

I believe so. Giant put one out about 3 years ago or so. I never listened to it though. Giant's latest has the exact same picture on the cover as Balance of Power's, Ten More Tales! :lol:

Previous

Return to Free for all...