DON'T Google it

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby Deansolo » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:48 pm

Olaf wrote:
Deansolo wrote:Okay...Let's play "Name that Assclown".

I give you a clue and you name the assclown.

Clue: This assclown was 'On Top of the World' when he quit the Legendary band he was fronting for a solo career...More recently he showed up hosting a morning radio show.

Name that Assclown!


Diamond Dave. what did I win.


All the Marbles! :lol: :D :P

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby Deansolo » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:57 pm

Olaf wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
Olaf wrote:Okay,

You have three jars: one contains red marbles, one contains black, and
one contains both, but you don't know which is which. The jars are
labeled Red, Black, and Mixed, but each of the labels is wrong.

How many marbles would it take you to remove in total from all jars in order to label the jars correctly?

And go..........................


None you just remove the labels.


NO............you can't see in the jars (even though jars are glass) lets say that the jars are painted so you can't see through them.

NOW......GO.


How 'bout all of 'em?

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: TN

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby Olaf » Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:11 pm

Deansolo wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
Olaf wrote:Okay,

You have three jars: one contains red marbles, one contains black, and
one contains both, but you don't know which is which. The jars are
labeled Red, Black, and Mixed, but each of the labels is wrong.

How many marbles would it take you to remove in total from all jars in order to label the jars correctly?

And go..........................


None you just remove the labels.


NO............you can't see in the jars (even though jars are glass) lets say that the jars are painted so you can't see through them.

NOW......GO.


How 'bout all of 'em?


no
Image

All Access Member
User avatar
Posts: 1937
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby Gutterflower » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:02 pm

Deansolo wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Doobie wrote:Okay Deansolo, et al - here's your trivia question for the day:
(again ... no searching, please!!)

"Name the song and the band/artist" is the category. Here's your lyrics:

He Had To Have A Berth Or He Couldn't Get To Sea
I Had Another Look And I Had A Cup Of Tea And Butter Pie

(slight hint - should be pretty easy for those of us 40+ yrs. of age)


DING DING DING

Admiral Halsey-McCartney & Wings
("the butter wouldn't melt so I poured it in the pie
hands across the water-water
hands across the sky!")

no Googling necessary...I meet the age requirement :D

Okay, Olaf-what's the answer?!



Hey wait a damn minute! That is the WRONG answer! Doobie said: Song and artist! That was not McCartney and WINGS! That was McCartney and wife! Way Before Wings!.... So DING DING DING!!! I win!!! :P


Pfffffft...

okay, if you wanna get all technical on me-you can have ALL of the marbles! :D But I should get extra credit for knowing the lyrics :wink:
Image

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: BFE

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby Doobie » Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:58 pm

You don't have to remove any. Just open the jars and look in.

Killer of Giants
Posts: 758
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Boston Mass

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby stratattack » Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:31 pm

Deansolo wrote:
Olaf wrote:
Deansolo wrote:Okay...Let's play "Name that Assclown".

I give you a clue and you name the assclown.

Clue: This assclown was 'On Top of the World' when he quit the Legendary band he was fronting for a solo career...More recently he showed up hosting a morning radio show.

Name that Assclown!


Diamond Dave. what did I win.


All the Marbles! :lol: :D :P


Hell I was thinkin more of Scott stap That S#$T bag!! its funny how alterbridge and scott stapps solo deal both sound lik Creed or Greed same thanG!!!! :twisted:
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1567
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: San Luis Rey, California

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby Deansolo » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:19 pm

Gutterflower wrote:
Deansolo wrote:
Gutterflower wrote:
Doobie wrote:Okay Deansolo, et al - here's your trivia question for the day:
(again ... no searching, please!!)

"Name the song and the band/artist" is the category. Here's your lyrics:

He Had To Have A Berth Or He Couldn't Get To Sea
I Had Another Look And I Had A Cup Of Tea And Butter Pie

(slight hint - should be pretty easy for those of us 40+ yrs. of age)


DING DING DING

Admiral Halsey-McCartney & Wings
("the butter wouldn't melt so I poured it in the pie
hands across the water-water
hands across the sky!")

no Googling necessary...I meet the age requirement :D

Okay, Olaf-what's the answer?!



Hey wait a damn minute! That is the WRONG answer! Doobie said: Song and artist! That was not McCartney and WINGS! That was McCartney and wife! Way Before Wings!.... So DING DING DING!!! I win!!! :P


Pfffffft...

okay, if you wanna get all technical on me-you can have ALL of the marbles! :D But I should get extra credit for knowing the lyrics :wink:



'Kay! :D

Give us another one! :)

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: TN

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby Olaf » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:27 am

The answer to the marble question is "1". You should be able to acuratly relabel the containers by only removing 1 marble.
Image

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OBeach town, Florida

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby frethead » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:01 am

Paul McCartney and Wings. Man, they were great! O, yeah!!! This is my big chance to make something of relevance out of my third grade joke. O. K. What do you get when you cross an elphant with a rhinoceros?

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 1231
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: OBeach town, Florida

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby frethead » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:53 am

You guys with a few more years listening to the radio than I have, this is your turn to shine!!! Deansolo, Gutterflower, Doobie, Mmetal and whoever else. There's this song from the seventies. I don't know the band, singer- whatever- or anything about it. I've heard it, perhaps, .8675309 times, and it had a cool Lou Reed sort-of groove. Shit, it may have even been him singing it!!! "To turn your your eyelids into rainbows, and your toe nails into sunsets." Or something like that. What is that song, and who's singing it??? Arrrrghhhh!!!
Last edited by frethead on Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby MetalHead » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:12 am

answer mine :P
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants
Posts: 1893
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: BFE

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby Doobie » Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:05 am

MetalHead - after looking at those lyrics the word "gate" keeps coming to mind. Is the word gate in either the title or the artist name? Been thinking about this one for days and that's all I can come up with!!!!!!!!!

Killer of Giants
User avatar
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2005 5:00 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby MetalHead » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:28 pm

Doobie wrote:MetalHead - after looking at those lyrics the word "gate" keeps coming to mind. Is the word gate in either the title or the artist name? Been thinking about this one for days and that's all I can come up with!!!!!!!!!


I can give you a hint ;)
Gothenburg :)
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Ultimate Sinner
Posts: 96
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:00 pm
Location: Cookeville, TN

Re: DON'T Google it

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:21 pm

frethead wrote:Paul McCartney and Wings. Man, they were great! O, yeah!!! This is my big chance to make something of relevance out of my third grade joke. O. K. What do you get when you cross an elphant with a rhinoceros?


Hellifiknow

Previous

Return to Free for all...

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests