Poison and Cinderella

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Poison and Cinderella

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:18 am

Poison, one of hard rock’s truly iconic, enduring and controversial bands, is celebrating its 20th anniversary as one of America’s most rocking groups. A new hits CD, The Best Of Poison: 20 Years Of Rock is in stores today, April 4, from Capitol/EMI Music Catalog Marketing. On May 23, an expanded, limited edition CD/DVD, The Best Of Poison: 20 Years Of Rock – Deluxe Tour Edition will be released as the band prepares for its 20th anniversary tour, AND Poison’s biggest, best stage spectacle to date will hit the road this summer. From June through August, Poison’s Bret Michaels, C.C. DeVille, Rikki Rockett and Bobby Dall will tear the roof off more than 50 venues across the United States on the VH1 Classic and Live Nation-presented “20 Years Of Rock Tour” with Cinderella and special guest Endeverafter. Local on-sale dates will be announced soon.

Source: KNAC.com

I know there are some Poison haters here, but that should be an interesting show. They're coming here 5 days before Def Leppard and Journey... it's like the 80's all over again. :lol:

On a side note, Bret Micheals was almost shot again! Does anybody know where CC was that night? JK :wink:

All Access Member

Re: Poison and Cinderella

Postby harddriver » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:03 pm

This is going to be one hell of a show and i have been looking forward to this for a long time. Been checking Poison's web site daily for updates. Ciderella kicks ass and it should be one of the summers best tours both in performance and sales. But beware of the jealous haters of Glam Rock who try in vain to piss on our parade by spewing mean and evil words about our beloved genre. Jealousy is a terrible thing and with our help the Poison and Ciderella boys will ban together this summer and pounce all other bands in their path :?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:52 pm

Excitable, you and Harddriver should get along just fine! :-) It's good to see you hanging around here!

I'd love to see that show, since I've never gotten to see either band before. I wonder if ticket prices will be out the roof?

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:11 pm

Exciteable we must ban together to stop the Evil :twisted: Mrmetal and the Sinister Fretman :twisted: who im sure will stop at nothing to destroy our beloved Poison and Cinderella and destroy the Glam Rock genre and all who follow it. I have began building a army of Glam Rock fans to fight the evil haters who will undoubtedly try to bury our beloved genre forever. Anyone who wishes to join me and help me fight the jealous haters of glam please be warned it will be a battle of epic perportions and many cans of hairspray and tubes of eyeliner and lipstick will be sacrificed unmercifuly. I have a aunt who sells Avon and she has vowed to help me fight all who pose a threat to our Big haired brothers and who try to burn the Glam flag that we all waive so proudly. Peace and may God be with us. :?

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:40 pm

I wouldn't pay to see Poison cuz I've never liked them (not even back in the day-yech) but I like Cinderella and would go see them.

harddriver, you crack me up! :lol:

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:04 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Excitable, you and Harddriver should get along just fine! :-) It's good to see you hanging around here!

I'd love to see that show, since I've never gotten to see either band before. I wonder if ticket prices will be out the roof?

I'd say if it's its anything like the Def Leppard concert the close seats will be around $75, but that was in other cities, maybe here it will be cheaper.

I wanna see these concerts, but I'd like for my kid to go to college too.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:15 pm

harddriver wrote:Exciteable we must ban together to stop the Evil :twisted: Mrmetal and the Sinister Fretman :twisted: who im sure will stop at nothing to destroy our beloved Poison and Cinderella and destroy the Glam Rock genre and all who follow it. I have began building a army of Glam Rock fans to fight the evil haters who will undoubtedly try to bury our beloved genre forever. Anyone who wishes to join me and help me fight the jealous haters of glam please be warned it will be a battle of epic perportions and many cans of hairspray and tubes of eyeliner and lipstick will be sacrificed unmercifuly. I have a aunt who sells Avon and she has vowed to help me fight all who pose a threat to our Big haired brothers and who try to burn the Glam flag that we all waive so proudly. Peace and may God be with us. :?

Wow I didn't realize I was part of a war! :lol: Hey I miss good music, good melodies etc. And even though they weren't my favorite band, Poison put out some good music that had some good melodies and hooks. And Cinderella was awesome, if you can't listen to Shake Me, Fallin Apart at the Seams, etc. and enjoy it, well I feel bad for you. I still like the heavy stuff too, but a good song is a good song. And as far as declaring war, my 5 year old daughter sings and dances to my music; it drives my wife crazy, so I'm spreading the music to the next generation. In short Harddriver, I'm with you. Let's go burn down MTV! (more like BET); but I'm not growing another mullet.

Disclaimer: This was only a joke so if something does happen to their studios, they won't come looking for me.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:05 am

harddriver wrote:Exciteable we must ban together to stop the Evil :twisted: Mrmetal and the Sinister Fretman :twisted: who im sure will stop at nothing to destroy our beloved Poison and Cinderella and destroy the Glam Rock genre and all who follow it. I have began building a army of Glam Rock fans to fight the evil haters who will undoubtedly try to bury our beloved genre forever. Anyone who wishes to join me and help me fight the jealous haters of glam please be warned it will be a battle of epic perportions and many cans of hairspray and tubes of eyeliner and lipstick will be sacrificed unmercifuly. I have a aunt who sells Avon and she has vowed to help me fight all who pose a threat to our Big haired brothers and who try to burn the Glam flag that we all waive so proudly. Peace and may God be with us. :?

:lol: I like your sense of humor harddriver. You do have to hand it to both Poison and Cinderella. They've never compromised when it comes to doing their thing! They've received flack unmercifully too!

I'm a big Europe and Stryper fan, so I've paid the price for that for years! It's like excitable says, a good song is a good song, and alot of the "big hair" bands of the 80s served it up nicely.

Keep the rock spirit alive! \nn/

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:20 am

Ive seen Poison 5 times and they are really good at what they do. The Glam Slam Metal Jam tours were awesome and also seing Cinderella and Winger was kick ass. The first one was the best back in '98 which consisted of Poison/RATT featuring Great White and L.A. Guns and the 17,000 seat ampitheater was sold out. Trust me i wasnt making fun of Glam in anyway because in my opinion the '80s and early '90s was the best and most entertaining period in Rock 'n ' Roll history. So lets get ready to raise our lighters and drink a few brews and have one hell of a summer.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:21 am

harddriver wrote:Ive seen Poison 5 times and they are really good at what they do. The Glam Slam Metal Jam tours were awesome and also seing Cinderella and Winger was kick ass. The first one was the best back in '98 which consisted of Poison/RATT featuring Great White and L.A. Guns and the 17,000 seat ampitheater was sold out. Trust me i wasnt making fun of Glam in anyway because in my opinion the '80s and early '90s was the best and most entertaining period in Rock 'n ' Roll history. So lets get ready to raise our lighters and drink a few brews and have one hell of a summer.

Sounds good, now someone lend me $75. :lol:

Postby Fretman » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:45 am

The stench of hairspray in this thread is almost too horrible to endure. :lol:

$75 to see Poison & Cinderella? My God man! You should be able to see those bands 10 times for that kind of money. You should...not me. :D

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:54 am

Fretman wrote:The stench of hairspray in this thread is almost too horrible to endure. :lol:

$75 to see Poison & Cinderella? My God man! You should be able to see those bands 10 times for that kind of money. You should...not me. :D

Zing! Ah well, I'll take pics for you Fret. :wink: Knew there were haters in here, but wow! Lol jk.

Postby Fretman » Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:09 am

excitable87 wrote:
Fretman wrote:The stench of hairspray in this thread is almost too horrible to endure. :lol:

Zing! Ah well, I'll take pics for you Fret. :wink: Knew there were haters in here, but wow! Lol jk.

:lol: I wouldn't say I'm a hater...just not my cup of tea.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:48 am

Fretman wrote:
excitable87 wrote:

Dont worry fretman U2 and William Hung will be out on the road this summer and that is probably more your cup of tea :wink:

Postby Fretman » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:49 am

harddriver wrote:
Fretman wrote:
excitable87 wrote:

Dont worry fretman U2 and William Hung will be out on the road this summer and that is probably more your cup of tea :wink:

The power, speed and intracacy of the music contained in my cup of tea is far beyond the comprehension of the average Poison fan. :twisted:

Next

Return to Free for all...