Holy Diver Live n/

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Holy Diver Live n/

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:38 pm

Am I understanding this correctly, that Doug Aldrich is playing lead guitar and not Craig Goldie?

Killer of Giants

Re: Holy Diver Live n/

Postby Rock » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:01 pm

Is this the new one???

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:26 am

Rock, I believe the Live CD comes out April 18th, but the DVD is to be released in May sometime. If I understand correctly this show was a one time thing over in London during the 2005 tour. The info is a little scattered, but I believe Craig was sitting this one out due to some illness at the time. Whatever the illness was, he's apparently recovered, because Dio is currently in the studio.

I can't wait to see the Holy Diver DVD though!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:58 am

Man, you've got to love that guy. Ronnie James Dio is a real inspiration, although, I'm not sure how often he's credited as such. Even though the subject IS interesting for about six and a half minutes, I could get by without the songs about dragons and wizards. Then again, I haven't listened to Dio for around twenty years. And, he has a great voice!

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:03 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Rock, I believe the Live CD comes out April 18th, but the DVD is to be released in May sometime. If I understand correctly this show was a one time thing over in London during the 2005 tour. The info is a little scattered, but I believe Craig was sitting this one out due to some illness at the time. Whatever the illness was, he's apparently recovered, because Dio is currently in the studio.

Yeh..Well I follow Dio a bit, I have a live DVD of Doug playing on the "Killing the Dragon" tour, which I believe was filmed in N.Y.

That gets me to now.....I know Doug left to go play with Whitesnake, and Craig Goldy went back, but he has always been here and there with Dio, so quite possibly Doug is playing on it. I e-mailed a mate who was one time bass player with Dio, see if he can find me an answer. :)

Postby Fretman » Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:32 am

Rock wrote:
PoetsandMadmen wrote:Rock, I believe the Live CD comes out April 18th, but the DVD is to be released in May sometime. If I understand correctly this show was a one time thing over in London during the 2005 tour. The info is a little scattered, but I believe Craig was sitting this one out due to some illness at the time. Whatever the illness was, he's apparently recovered, because Dio is currently in the studio.

Yeh..Well I follow Dio a bit, I have a live DVD of Doug playing on the "Killing the Dragon" tour, which I believe was filmed in N.Y.

That gets me to now.....I know Doug left to go play with Whitesnake, and Craig Goldy went back, but he has always been here and there with Dio, so quite possibly Doug is playing on it. I e-mailed a mate who was one time bass player with Dio, see if he can find me an answer. :)

I do believe I heard Doug was playing on it....but I'm not sure either.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:53 pm

Rock wrote:

Yeah, I bought Evil or Divine not too long ago myself. It's a great show for sure! I've never gotten to see Dio live, so I'm hoping to his next time around. The dude is bound to retire sometime in the near future! :)

Return to Free for all...