Who needs MTV?

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Ultimate Sinner

Who needs MTV?

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:30 pm

I know I post a lot of stuff from KNAC, but here goes:

Queensryche’s "Operation: Mindcrime II" will enter next week’s Billboard 200 chart at #14 after selling 44,000 copies in it’s first week. This, more than one and a half times the sales of QR’s last studio album, Tribe which sold 20,000 copies in it’s first week of release.

The top selling Queensryche album to date is Empire which is certified triple-platinum with more than 3 million copies sold in the United States. The original “Operation: Mincrime” and 1994’s “Promised Land” have each achieved Platinum status (1 million or more units sold) in the United States.

Two other pure rock highlights in the coming chart: Lacuna Coil’s “Karmacode” will debut at #28 with just under 34,000 U.S. units scanned, and Poison’s 20th anniversary album, "The Best of Poison: 20 Years of Rock" sells almost 40,000 copies in it’s first week to notch the #17 spot on the chart.

Screw MTV, shows what the internet has done for hard rock and metal. I know they'll all drop on the charts a lot lower next week, but still that's pretty good.

All Access Member

Re: Who needs MTV?

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:02 pm

Huh! I would've never thought it......very interesting indeed! I had actually wondered if the new Mindcrime would sell well. I guess that answered my question.

I wonder how well Dio's Holy Diver Live will sell then?

Return to Free for all...