Bo Bice

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Bo Bice

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:23 am

My bottom three prediction is:

Kathryn, Paris, and Bucky

IMO, Ace's cover of We Will Rock You was no worse than Warrant's! That's not saying a whole lot, and I realize that.

Chris did well, but I have to be honest, I wasn't familiar with his pick. Taylor is a good entertainer, likeable, and has a big heart for music, so I like the guy.

Just my two cents.....

And by the way guys, Kelly Clarkson is much, much more fun to look at than Kelly Pickler on her best day! I PREFER BRUNETTES THOUGH. :-)

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:45 am

I have to agree with poeats about booty litious Kelly clarckson but Man did those guys ever slaughter those Queen classics . eeek!!!!!
The artist formally known as Brawler

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:01 am

Yeah they did.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:49 am

I tuned in for the first time this season. Imafreakin' out here - gray-haired Idol contestants?? Must have dropped the age barriers this year. Wow. Yeah, gray-hair dude that totally missed kicking the mic stand needs to go home (and back to dance school) SOON! The songs were pretty much butchered but not necessarily due to bad vocals. Very piss-poor arrangements of the songs. Sheesh. I need to watch a couple more eps before making any predictions. Brian May seemed to like Paris and Chris the most. I can't wait until Barry Manilow week ..... hehe/kidding!

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:17 am

Doobie wrote:I tuned in for the first time this season. Imafreakin' out here - gray-haired Idol contestants?? Must have dropped the age barriers this year. Wow. Yeah, gray-hair dude that totally missed kicking the mic stand needs to go home (and back to dance school) SOON! The songs were pretty much butchered but not necessarily due to bad vocals. Very piss-poor arrangements of the songs. Sheesh. I need to watch a couple more eps before making any predictions. Brian May seemed to like Paris and Chris the most. I can't wait until Barry Manilow week ..... hehe/kidding!

Yeah you already missed Barry AND Kenny Rodgers. I was really looking foward to Chris singing so it pissed me off when he sang that, Queen hasn't ever even performed the damn song live. And personally I like Taylor, he cracks me up. I wonder what they're singing next week. Anyways, I think Bucky is gone, even thought Fat Bottom Girls kicks ass. :twisted: I thought this was the chance for me to watch songs being performed I could halfway stand, but I was wrong lol.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:19 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:My bottom three prediction is:

Kathryn, Paris, and Bucky

IMO, Ace's cover of We Will Rock You was no worse than Warrant's! That's not saying a whole lot, and I realize that.

Chris did well, but I have to be honest, I wasn't familiar with his pick. Taylor is a good entertainer, likeable, and has a big heart for music, so I like the guy.

Just my two cents.....

And by the way guys, Kelly Clarkson is much, much more fun to look at than Kelly Pickler on her best day! I PREFER BRUNETTES THOUGH. :-)

Garth Brooks could have done a better version of that soing than Ace. For once, I actually agreed with Simon.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:08 am

Oh yes, the Taylor Hicks spasm-dance was very Joe Cocker-esque.

Katherine McPhee did a good version on the Highlander tune. That girl is just beautiful in looks and sound.

Kellie looked great too. She actually did fairly well on Rhapsody.

Liked Bucky's version of Fat Bottomed Girls, but he is on limited time.

Everyone else butchered the songs they chose.

Yeah Doobster, you missed out on Barry week. I am holding out for Cradle of Filth night. :D

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:20 am

Gray haired dude is supposedly 28 or 29...Taylor Hicks. I can't STAND that guy and the way he dances around. No rhythm at all. I laughed my ass off when he missed the mic stand and had to kick at it twice...duhhh Simon asked him if he was drunk :P

Ace=blech He just needs to GO AWAY (hopefully tonight)

I agree with mrmetal. Katherine is beautiful and has an awesome voice, but I don't think she's going to win. Kellie is just dumber than a rock, who cares what she looks like-she comes across like a moron. I can't stand stupid women (or men, for that matter). I DON'T think it's an act. ("What's a ballsy?" and "He said Ahm a mink coat!" ummm, NO dumbass! He called you a minx! :roll: )

Chris should've sung a better song-I was hoping for Killer Queen but instead he chooses something obscure. Bucky did alright. Paris and Elliot were both just ehhh. :?

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:28 am

Gutterflower wrote:Gray haired dude is supposedly 28 or 29...Taylor Hicks. I can't STAND that guy and the way he dances around. No rhythm at all. I laughed my ass off when he missed the mic stand and had to kick at it twice...duhhh Simon asked him if he was drunk :P

Ace=blech He just needs to GO AWAY (hopefully tonight)

I agree with mrmetal. Katherine is beautiful and has an awesome voice, but I don't think she's going to win. Kellie is just dumber than a rock, who cares what she looks like-she comes across like a moron. I can't stand stupid women (or men, for that matter). I DON'T think it's an act. ("What's a ballsy?" and "He said Ahm a mink coat!" ummm, NO dumbass! He called you a minx! :roll: )

Chris should've sung a better song-I was hoping for Killer Queen but instead he chooses something obscure. Bucky did alright. Paris and Elliot were both just ehhh. :?

I was hoping he'd do Tie Your Mother Down.

Postby Fretman » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:45 am

Actually, the song Chris sang, "Innuendo", has been done live once by 3/4 of Queen. Right after Freddie died they had a big "Freddie Mercury Tribute" at Knebworth where Queen performed a bunch of songs live with different singers. They played Innuendo, and Robert Plant sang it. His version was better...but that that goes without saying.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:15 pm

Fretman wrote:Actually, the song Chris sang, "Innuendo", has been done live once by 3/4 of Queen. Right after Freddie died they had a big "Freddie Mercury Tribute" at Knebworth where Queen performed a bunch of songs live with different singers. They played Innuendo, and Robert Plant sang it. His version was better...but that that goes without saying.

Yeah I remember that, and then he did Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:11 pm

Fretman wrote:Actually, the song Chris sang, "Innuendo", has been done live once by 3/4 of Queen. Right after Freddie died they had a big "Freddie Mercury Tribute" at Knebworth where Queen performed a bunch of songs live with different singers. They played Innuendo, and Robert Plant sang it. His version was better...but that that goes without saying.

I remember that too. Pretty much anybody who was anybody played that tribute show didn't they?

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:13 pm

Well, I predicted my bottom three, but didn't predict which one would be outta here!

I predict Paris, but we'll see.

I agree with you Metal, Bucky is on borrowed time, but I think Paris will go before him.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:15 pm

PoetsandMadmen wrote:

I remember that too. Pretty much anybody who was anybody played that tribute show didn't they?

Yeah, Def Leppard, Extreme, Metallica, Slash and Iommi was there to, even Spinal Tap lol. I've got a few mp3's from that show. Extreme did a Queen medley that I thought was good. Def Leppard did Now I'm Here with Brian May.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:00 am

PoetsandMadmen wrote:Well, I predicted my bottom three, but didn't predict which one would be outta here!

I predict Paris, but we'll see.

I agree with you Metal, Bucky is on borrowed time, but I think Paris will go before him.

Well, it looks like I missed it! I hated to see Bucky go actually!

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...