Bo Bice

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Re: Bo Bice

Postby kathyc » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:17 am

Yeah,
Bucky's a genuine southern rocker and a sweet guy. Maybe he and his twin brother will take it on the road. This little boost has gotta be good for playing some Southern venues, OK, Bars......

And, for what it's worth, I think Paris has a LOT going for her. I mean, she's 16 and has got that James Brown vibe. A lot of energy in that little package - I see a future for her.

Taylor's got my vote though. Dude's got a lot of soul.

ducking.........

Postby Fretman » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:36 am

Next week they need to get rid of boy-band man Ace, or Paris.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:11 am

I missed the bottom three by one person. I didn't post it here, but at work we have the "after Idol" morning talk and compare our predictions. I chose Ace, Bucky and I thought Paris would be joining them.

I knew Bucky was out. Ace has got the good look factor going for him and that probably saved him this time around.

I liked Bucky too because of the southern thing he had going. Reminds me a lot of the people I hang out with. Just good ol' southern boys.

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:34 pm

There were times I thought Bucky sucked and then others I thought well he's not that bad, but I knew he was gone. How he made it that long I have no idea, I don't see too many 12 year old girls voting for him. But unless something drastic changes Elliot or Ace is gone, and I wish it would be Ace, although I get the feeling he will have more of the screaming girls vote than Elliot.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:36 pm

We have Taylor, Ace, Elliot, Chris, Kathryn, Kelly, and Paris left, right?

Actually, it's tough to predict who will win the thing this year for some odd reason! Last year, I remember thinking Constatine, but after he was booted, I knew Kelly was sailing afterwards.

This year it will be between Chris (looks, talent), Kathryn (looks, talent), or Kelly (mainly looks, but she has America eating out of her hand)....then Taylor could surprise us too....heck, I don't know! :roll:

Anyone want to take a guess at this point?

Postby kathyc » Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:55 pm

Taylor's got a huge fan base but, like Bo, I don't want him to win since he's got his own thing going and doesn't need that 5 years (or whatever it is) AI contract. And what would Chris do with a win??? That' would be a disaster - he's already made his mark and will get snapped up quickly.

Kathryn is AI material, Kelli is too close to Carrie Underwood so I don't see that happening - but in my heart I'm rooting for Little Paris

Ace, Elliott - meh

I want to see Taylor live because, from those who've seen him perform say he rocks the house down. Get up and DANCE !

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:07 pm

I have no clue, every time I think I got it figured out, the votes are different, who knew Katherine would be in the bottom three recently? She wasn't this week but you can never tell. I know who it won't be: Ace. Can't stand that guy. Elliot has no chance either, and like Poets said Kelly is too close to Carrie. Actually, I know I'll get grief, but I'd like to see Taylor win cause he's the exact opposite of what people think an "Idol" should be.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:14 pm

I kind of liked Bucky-he was starting to grow on me. He wasn't the best singer, but that obviously doesn't matter in a popularity contest. He took his departure like a man.

There's something about Taylor that just turns me off. I can't put my finger on it...and I'm sorry, he can't dance. I think he's overrated. His voice doesn't do alot for me either. I've agreed with Simon on everything he's said about him-he's got his number.

Ace is a prettyman, but even wearing leather pants couldn't make his voice sound better.

Kellie is a pretty girl. I agree with whoever said that she's gotten by on the men-who-like-dumb-blondes votes. Both Ace and Kellie have gotten by on their looks.

Elliot will go before Ace because he's NOT a looker.

Paris and Kathryn both have good voices, but neither of them has enough star power, IMO. I don't know if it's their young age or their lack of personality. They're kind of cookie cutter to me.

Chris is easily the best singer out of all of them. He's got it goin' on, but I don't want to see him win just for the simple fact that AI will turn him into their bitch. I'd rather see him get number two so he won't be chained to a contract for 5 years, but will still get all of the same opportunities as the actual winner.

At this point in the game, it doesn't really matter who wins the actual competition. All of them will be presented with enormous opportunities. It'll be up to them to capitalize on it.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:29 pm

Gutterflower wrote:There's something about Taylor that just turns me off. I can't put my finger on it...and I'm sorry, he can't dance. I think he's overrated. His voice doesn't do alot for me either. I've agreed with Simon on everything he's said about him-he's got his number.

**Pointing Gutterflower's finger to the "Dork Door" doorbell** Guess who answered? Now you have your finger on it, girl. D-O-R-K. Worse than that ... an extroverted dork. Sorry to any of his fans but, I'm with Gutterflower on this one. Only seen him once, so maybe it's a premature judgment on my part. I shall see.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:35 pm

Here's one for you Gutterflower (a little off the subject of the thread but, go with it anyway, okay?). Were you ever out clubbing, got asked by someone to dance, took them up on it and they danced just like, or similarly to, Taylor? :oops: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops:

Postby kathyc » Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:59 pm

Haha - My DORK-O-METER is set pretty high, but I just don't see it.

I'm thinking Joe Cocker, Ray Charles - he's in that category. And he plays a mean harmonica. He's not dancing - he's FEELING IT

It's his audience that jump up and dance.

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:28 pm

Doobie wrote:**Pointing Gutterflower's finger to the "Dork Door" doorbell** Guess who answered? Now you have your finger on it, girl. D-O-R-K. Worse than that ... an extroverted dork. Sorry to any of his fans but, I'm with Gutterflower on this one. Only seen him once, so maybe it's a premature judgment on my part. I shall see.

*DING DING DING* ringing the DORK DOOR BELL :lol:
an extroverted dork, that's IT! Gawd, maybe THAT'S why he plucks my last nerve. I'm sure he's a nice guy, just too damn bouncy and spasmodic.

kathyc wrote:Haha - My DORK-O-METER is set pretty high, but I just don't see it.

I'm thinking Joe Cocker, Ray Charles - he's in that category. And he plays a mean harmonica. He's not dancing - he's FEELING IT

It's his audience that jump up and dance.

I'm not looking at the audience when he's performing, I'm looking at the way he's flapping his legs around like he's doing the Funky Chicken! :P Sure, he's feeling it...feeling dorkish. lol (no offense to his fans) His voice doesn't do anything for me because it feels soulless, IMO. Nothing at all like Joe Cocker or Ray Charles. I know he's got a growing fan base, but I just can't get into it.

There's only a little more than a month's worth of shows left-this is where it starts getting really good!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:42 pm

Thank God that's almost history.

Postby kathyc » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:11 pm

Only to come baaaaack next year to haunt you again - muahahahahahah

Ultimate Sinner

Postby excitable87 » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:02 pm

Funniest part of the show (aside from Taylor missing the stand) was watching Ace's face when the results were being read; the closer they got to him the more scared he looked. And as far as the whole Taylor thing let me just say this: I wouldn't call myself a fan per se, but I do like him, and no he can't dance, but that's exactly why I like him: he's different, and he just has fun... he's an ENTERTAINER, and with those kind of people, you either like them or you don't. Hes just there to have fun. When I watch him I don't think "Hmmm what a superb singer", I just laugh usually... and isn't that what it's about? Having fun? That being said, I ain't rushing out and buying his cd. :lol:

Basically I just root for the underdog, and he seems like a laid back, nice guy... unlike some of those people (*cough*ace*cough*).

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...