Iommi vs Page

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

All Access Member

Re: Iommi vs Page

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:28 am

excitable87 wrote:C.C. Deville! Lol jk people don't have a stroke. I agree with the apples and oranges statemet, I like both, IMO Iommi influenced more of the metal guys and Page more of the hard rock people. Like I said, just my opinion.

I totally agree with excitable's comment. Well, except for the CC part! :lol:

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:36 pm

argh wrote:page dominates iommi hands down, no contest. I don't see how iommi plays 'classical' as if he invented it, i've never heard anything remotely classical come from black sabbath
Then you obviously havent heard much from Sabbth.

Postby argh » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:44 am

harddriver wrote:
argh wrote:page dominates iommi hands down, no contest. I don't see how iommi plays 'classical' as if he invented it, i've never heard anything remotely classical come from black sabbath
Then you obviously havent heard much from Sabbth.

Obviously huh? I've heard almost all of Sabbath's work (even the shit with dio) and even some of Iommi's solo stuff, and it's not as good as anything Page has done. I'm sorry you feel Iommi is better (you're OBVIOUSLY a fanboy) but he really isn't.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:24 pm

argh wrote: Obviously huh? I've heard almost all of Sabbath's work (even the shit with dio) and even some of Iommi's solo stuff, and it's not as good as anything Page has done. I'm sorry you feel Iommi is better (you're OBVIOUSLY a fanboy) but he really isn't.

If you have heard almost all of Iommi's work and can't hear a classical element then you are deaf. The ignorance of that post is truly astounding.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:35 am

and argh, if he's a fanboy, then what are you ?
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Postby argh » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:46 am

I'm not even going to argue with you losers because that's what you want.

Bottom line: Jimmy Page is a better guitarist and songwriter than Tommy Iommi could ever have hoped to be.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:27 pm

argh wrote:I'm not even going to argue with you losers because that's what you want.

Bottom line: Jimmy Page is a better guitarist and songwriter than Tommy Iommi could ever have hoped to be.

Actually, I could care less what you think or who you like.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:16 pm

argh wrote:I'm not even going to argue with you losers because that's what you want.

What the hell is a fanboy ? Its probably something you and your nancyboy friends play when you are out at sea. Man what a goon you are. Argh huh ? nice name punk is that the noise you make when your buddies get you drunk and mount your gay ass ? stay off this site prick.

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:24 pm

Sorry about my language fellas but i cant stand it when you get Faggs like tha argh guy who come on here and run their mouths like little punks. There are a lot of cool people on this board and there is no need for morons like his gay ass. Anyway happy Easter to everyone except argh who is probably alone is his room getting drunk off of Nyquil and watching gay beastiality flicks with his sister.

Killer of Giants

Postby MetalHead » Sun Apr 16, 2006 4:18 pm

you're acting just as expected by a fanboy :roll:
"Spend less time chasing tones and more time just playing music." - Marty Friedman

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:50 pm

Damn! ARGH is probably a massage therapist NANCY on a friggin' NANCY pleasure boat NANCY. You ran your mouth and you've shown your axx. You ought to be proud. Now, you should blow away, BITCHBOY, because you're OBVIOUSLY here to stir-up shit.

Killer of Giants

Postby mrmetal » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:37 am

Man, aren't you guys being a little hard on the newbie? LOL....

If he thinks Page is better than Iommi that is fine with me. I didn't really care for being called a loser because I didn't think he knew what he was talking about, but maybe he can't put his thoughts into words eloquently.

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:02 am

its all about tastes guys like Mrmetal said if the kid likes page more then Iommi then we shouldnt slam him for it! yah I think Iommis solos are more metal the pages but page has it going when it comes to acoustic playing.
The artist formally known as Brawler

All Access Member

Postby harddriver » Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:50 am

Yea but the Loser thing was uncalled for. Opinions are fine and dandy but insults are just unecasary.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:06 pm

You're right. I admit I was a little hard on the Beave. Hey argh, you can come around and post your thoughts anytime. It's still a great and free country, and perhaps, you have something to do with that! Rock on

PreviousNext

Return to Free for all...