New badlands DVD???

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

New badlands DVD???

Postby BadSeed » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:18 am

"WARNER JAPAN TO RE-ISSUE CLASSIC DVDs:
It seems the good folks at Warner Japan are about to roll out a bunch of classic VHS releases on DVD. They include:
Rainbow - Live Between The Eyes/The Final Cut; Various Artists - Moscow Peace Festival, Vol. 1 and Vol. 2; David Lee Roth - The Videos; Rising Force - Live; Dokken - Unchain The Night; Ratt - The Video/Detonater Action '91; Winger - Live In Japan; Damn Yankees - Uprising; Badlands - Badlands.
Watch for updates at good Japanese retailers HMV and CD Japan."

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/list_from_code ... key=127176

They are calling it badlands, but it must be dag the giblets if its a re-issue of any sort.Could be a concert that was pro shot and never released.Cool news for this summer .

Killer of Giants

Re: New badlands DVD???

Postby Doobie » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:29 am

I have the VHS version but, it would be great if I could get it on DVD. However, there used to be a punk band called Badlands. I wonder to which they were referring.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:35 am

Well, being that all the other bands listed were hairbands, i think its safe to say that its our badlands

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:53 pm

Hmmm...that's interesting, but I'd be guessing it's Dag The Giblets. If so, I wonder why they wouldn't call it, Dag The Giblets?

Japan releases everything though! I've seen where you can get the Mr. Big Live on DVD over there too.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:32 pm

I watched some of the Mr Big farewell concert DVD (With Kotzen), on youtube..Amazing...
My Band Supported Mr Big In 1990 here in UK in a 1500 capcity venue..far too small for such a Powerful act!

All Access Member

Postby Gutterflower » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:08 am

I've got Dag on vhs, too. I taped the Moscow Peace Festival off of pay per view way back when. I'd LOVE to have both on dvd. Thanks for posting that :D

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:34 am

Charvelised wrote:I watched some of the Mr Big farewell concert DVD (With Kotzen), on youtube..Amazing...
My Band Supported Mr Big In 1990 here in UK in a 1500 capcity venue..far too small for such a Powerful act!

What band did you play with?

I never could get into the fact that Richie Kotzen took the place of Paul Gilbert.....never should've happened! Paul is one of my favorite guitarist and that's like replacing John Pectruci with C.C. Deveill! :lol: Sorry to dis your boy there Harddriver! :lol:

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:06 am

I have Just looked through my stuff as I couldn't remember which band it was!..I was in 3 at the same time..one being a covers band!...my band..although it wasn't mine I was just the singer was called Foul Play (dreadful name I know!)it was May 91

Kotzen is a Fantastic Guitarist and Good singer too..but he shouldn't have replaced Paul..although nobody should! they were all Fab Guys too! as were Extreme! which we supported aswell the same month!

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:23 am

I've Just been to one of the sites mentioned on MR.com, CDjapan, It gives the running time of the dvd as 30mins..that's shorter than the video..so maybe it's just the Promos?

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:37 am

Dag was only 30-35 minutes.

All Access Member

Postby Charvelised » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:55 am

Says "40mims approx" on the back of my box

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby BadSeed » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:34 am

Yeah, that may be right, im at work. That said, its a reissue so it would only make senes to be Dag.Either way, I'll buy it.DVD is much more fun then the old vhs tapes.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:21 pm

Charvelised wrote:I have Just looked through my stuff as I couldn't remember which band it was!..I was in 3 at the same time..one being a covers band!...my band..although it wasn't mine I was just the singer was called Foul Play (dreadful name I know!)it was May 91

No, that's cool dude. I'd love to be able to say I was in a band that opened up for Extreme and Mr. Big! IMO, those two bands were amonst the best from that era.

Return to All things Jake E Lee...