Your very FIRST guitar

Here we discuss topics unrelated to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Killer of Giants

Re: Your very FIRST guitar

Postby frethead » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:53 pm

Destroyer, Ibanez; Smith, Adrian; Maiden, Iron
I played my dad's Corteley (sp?) Les Paul copy and Applause acoustic for a couple of years before I got my personal first guitar, which can be seen in my avatar ( to the left - from '85). It was Christmas '82 in St. Louis, when I got my '83 Gibson Explorer from Silver Strings- a guitar store in U-city that specialized in vintage instruments, oddly enough. I broke the neck in two places one afternoon, the wood is visible on the neck where my thumb has made miles north and south, and I've bashed the body on every door jamb and Doberman Pinscher between here and Missouri. I'm obliged to report that I slipped some fresh strings onto 'er yesterday. Hayell, yeah.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Thajan » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:49 am

Yamaha Pacifica 112 SJ, can't say it was a really bad guitar but it did the job. I rarely play on it so it mostly just stays in it's bag. It did rarely detune though which is always a plus on a guitar that was meant as a beginners guitar!

Killer of Giants

Postby johnthebrucelee » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:49 am

[quote="Thajan
...I rarely play on it so it mostly just stays in it's bag. It did rarely detune though which is always a plus on a guitar that was meant as a beginners guitar![/quote]

Same here. I had a crappy Starcaster which the neck had the strings too close.. :evil: Yah, I keep it in my gig bag that came with it.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:49 pm

Is that a copy SG there Thajan, I presume it is, but thats what my kid wants, he is a mad angus young fan. Told him I would get him one for his 15th Birthday. :) THE REAL DEAL

Killer of Giants

Postby stratattack » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:40 pm

it looks like an SG studio
The artist formally known as Brawler

Previous

Return to Free for all...