The Ultimate Sin Concert Tour

Here we discuss topics related to Jake E Lee.

Moderator: skezza

Rock N' Roll Rebel

The Ultimate Sin Concert Tour

Postby Mstp34 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:44 pm

I was searching the internet the other day and found The Ultimate Sin Concert Tour so I downloaded it and watched and it took me back to the good o days. Music was so much better back then. I'm glad to have been there and had part in it. The 80's Rocked ! lol

All Access Member

Re: The Ultimate Sin Concert Tour

Postby Gutterflower » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:36 am

Mstp34 wrote:I was searching the internet the other day and found The Ultimate Sin Concert Tour so I downloaded it and watched and it took me back to the good o days. Music was so much better back then. I'm glad to have been there and had part in it. The 80's Rocked ! lol

Hell to the YEAH!! I'm glad that I grew up during the 80s, too. It was the best of times.

I was watching an old Headbangers Ball tape recently, and there was a Bon Jovi interview clip with him on a mobile phone. That thing was HUGE! We've come a long way. :lol:

Postby KEVIN » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:10 am

You are both so right! The Ultimate Sin tour was awesome, I got to see Jake perform for the first time at the Hollywood Sportatorium. As an young aspiring guitarist myself Jake completely blew me away! I stayed awake the rest of the night learning 'Killer of Giants'.

The 80's was indeed a magical time for all music but, especially for Rock. I wish we could rewind back to about 84'... It's nice to dream.

Killer of Giants

Postby Doobie » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:29 pm

Let's not forget Bark at the Moon live. That was awesome - first time I saw Jake was also the first concert tour for Motley Crue. Outdoor concert ... simply incredible.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:49 pm

Doobie wrote:Let's not forget Bark at the Moon live. That was awesome - first time I saw Jake was also the first concert tour for Motley Crue. Outdoor concert ... simply incredible.

Uh oh, we're agreeing again! Better watch out there Doob! :lol: Unfortunately I've never gotten to see Jake live in any setting, but judging from the recorded shows from both of these tours, I prefer The Bark At The Moon tour. Really, can you beat Jake and Tommy Aldridge together? Not in my opinion.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Mstp34 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:06 pm

I never got to see Jake live and its such a shame cause it don't look like I will ever have that chance now, :cry: I guess thats what happens when your party to hard instead of being up front next to the stage.

Postby Fretman » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:05 pm

I've seen him with Ozzy, and after Badlands....but nothing beat the show I saw him do in Austin with Badlands the weekend of the Rodney King riots....I wish I could see/hear it again just one more time.

All Access Member

Postby PoetsandMadmen » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:02 am

Fretman wrote:I've seen him with Ozzy, and after Badlands....but nothing beat the show I saw him do in Austin with Badlands the weekend of the Rodney King riots....I wish I could see/hear it again just one more time.

Share with us why that show is so special to you.

I can't fathom the thought of being able to go to a concert hall to see one of the most underrated guitarist play on the stage with one of the greatest/most underrated/most under appreciated vocalist of our time, Ray Gillen! I wish I had a time machine. :cry:

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Stratmaster90 » Mon May 01, 2006 4:34 pm

The only reason he was "underrated" was because he was filling the Shoes of Randy. People had this stigma that no matter what jake did he was always going to be second fiddle. Jake did some amazing things with his playing.

Killer of Giants

Postby Rock » Mon May 01, 2006 4:37 pm

Stratmaster90 wrote:The only reason he was "underrated" was because he was filling the Shoes of Randy. People had this stigma that no matter what jake did he was always going to be second fiddle. Jake did some amazing things with his playing.

Hit the nail on the head there.

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue May 02, 2006 10:05 am

My guess is that it's only when anyone in here compares Jake's playing and contribution to Randy's that Jake is considered "underrated." Jake isn't exactly the "talk of the town," so who is making those critical accusations, anyway?! I mean, I love everything Randy ever did with a guitar. He was totally super talented and incredible. I must also say that the first time I heard Jake playing Bark at the Moon completely blew my head off!!!

Yeah, I guess I lived from eleven to twenty-one in the eighties. I can attest to the truth that the 80s were a most wonderful decade, seriously; I can only hope, along with the rest of us, that we should be lucky enough to be presented with another such "renaissance" of Rock ( you know what I mean). In '84 I saw Jake with Ozzy, and then I saw Jake with Badlands somewhere closer to '89. Just great!!!

Killer of Giants

Postby frethead » Tue May 02, 2006 10:05 am

My guess is that it's only when anyone in here compares Jake's playing and contribution to Randy's that Jake is considered "underrated." Jake isn't exactly the "talk of the town," so who is making those critical accusations, anyway?! I mean, I love everything Randy ever did with a guitar. He was totally super talented and incredible. I must also say that the first time I heard Bark at the Moon completely blew my head off!!!

Yeah, I guess I lived from eleven to twenty-one in the eighties. I can attest to the truth that the 80s were a most wonderful decade, seriously; I can only hope, along with the rest of us, that we should be lucky enough to be presented with another such "renaissance" of Rock ( you know what I mean). In '84 I saw Jake with Ozzy, and then I saw Jake with Badlands somewhere closer to '89. Just great!!!

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Stratmaster90 » Tue May 02, 2006 12:48 pm

Actually, the people in here are the ones who tend to see Jakes contribution and are willing to look past the Randy stuff and give the Man credit where credit is due. we all love Randys work but Jake was a different type of player and its the gang in here that see's it, where as the main stream masses that aren't players that simply judge on the "Randy was first so that makes him God scale" they tend not to see what Jake is really about with his Playing. (IMHO)
Thats my story and I'm stickin to it.(LOL)
Stratmaster90

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Mstp34 » Tue May 02, 2006 1:27 pm

I just wish Jake would grace us with his present again.

Rock N' Roll Rebel

Postby Stratmaster90 » Tue May 02, 2006 1:45 pm

yeah me too MSTP34.
Hey Frethead, what year is that Explorer in your Avatar?
very nice!

Return to All things Jake E Lee...